Blue Energy Theme for FROYO (Android 2.2)

I installed the 1.0.4.1 version on Pete's Bugless Froyo, and now I can't read the notification messages. They're black text on the dark gray notification bar. Is there an easy way to change the notification text to white?

Thanks!

I installed the 1.0.4.1 version on Pete's Bugless Froyo, and now I can't read the notification messages. They're black text on the dark gray notification bar. Is there an easy way to change the notification text to white?

Thanks!

Ditto. There's a solution mentioned earlier using MetaMorph. Anybody try it?

Thanks!

Ditto. There's a solution mentioned earlier using MetaMorph. Anybody try it?

Where? I can't find it anywhere?

Anyone find a solution to the black text on the black bar yet?

Trying this out right now. Backing up and trying it, i am installing on top of BB v.1, will that work?

I am working on fixing the black text on black bar. Annoying, I had this right on a previous version, I am sure. Anyhow, I am hoping it will be tomorrow but I have to work too.

Trying this out right now. Backing up and trying it, i am installing on top of BB v.1, will that work?

Here's one solution:

Hey Robert sry for all the questions, but I installed the round battery icon with percentage but the text on the notification bar is black now, I can't see s**t...lol...is there any fix for this...I really want the round batt...

Same here. Round w/ % gave me black text again. Would love a fix for this, or even a way to revert back to the original framework w/o having to pull it from previous backup... (although while typing that, I realized I could just pull the old framework from my previous backup for now :) ) Although when pulling that, is there anything else I need (i.e. service.jar etc...)? Thanks

EDIT: Have my cake and ate it too! Long and the short of it...
Downloaded BE Theme 1.0.4.1 opened it on my PC, pulled out the framework-res.apk, renamed to zip, did not extract, just opened it up.
Downloaded Round Battery Percent, opened it, grabbed the framework-res.apk, renamed to framework-res1.zip, extracted it. Looked for the round battery icons, copied and pasted them in the first framework, closed it up and renamed it framework-res.apk.
I then replaced the framework file in the Round Battery Percent download with the new one and applied it with original instructions. So now I have Round Battery with percent and the white notifications again.
I also tweaked the eri.xml to get rid of the Verizon Wireless while I was in there ;)
I figure roberj13 has done such amazing work already that I might as well get my hands dirty and fix my own problems like I used to :)
So thank you to roberj13 for all your hard work and for those having the same problem I had, if you choose to go the route I did... don't forget to make a backup!dancedroid

I've tried installing 1.0.4.1 2x now and I'm getting a boot loop. The first time I tried installing from ROM manager and didn't wipe app/data. When that didn't work, I restored my backup, downloaded the .zip file and manually tried to install it using CM Recovery this time I did a wipe. I've let it go for a good 15 minutes and it doesn't appear to be doing anything. I'm gonna pull the battery and restore again. I used the Droidlife Froyo build as my starting point and installed the first baseband update in case that matters.

Ok i'm the second person with this problem. anyone have ideas as to what we are doing wrong. We followed the instructions....

installed the Blue theme as the instructions said. it has been 10 minutes and phone is still cycling between the word droid and the droid eye....What's wrong?

I think mine is doing the same thing....

I am trying to diagnose what it going on with your installs, problem is I can't reproduce it. I really want to make sure this works for everyone, that's why i did the Nandroid Version (when I didn't want to) and put up the zips for different batteries and dialer.

I want to help out with the problem, but I have to see the problem myself. I just went through downloading the links from ROM Manager, both mirrors, and installed them over stock 2.2 and BB .1 and they both installed fine. I installed from the links in the OP, Nandroid and the Clockwork version, once again both installed fine.

Never had any boot loops, except it seems to take extremely long to boot the first time. About 5-7 though no boot looping. Once I can duplicate it, I will have an idea on what to fix.

As far as market issues, that's another one that I can't reproduce. The first time booting with Froyo, backup transport is downloading and installing apps behind the scenes, it's even downloading ones it's not saying it's downloading. Everyone has not been able to download apps during this timeframe. Every now and again the market is as slow as death and will sit there for 2 minutes before doing anything, I have had this happen on every ROM from time to time.

I know the notifications are the wrong color. I didn't pull the file into the new Froyo version for the second leak, that kind of stuff happens when a brand new version comes out 1 day after the first one. I had to test it fast, and make sure it worked first to make sure it didn't kill anyone's phone. It didn't 100% work right, so I pulled out the download links until it was running right. I am working on a fix for the notifications, I know what file it is, and it is right on another version, and the file will work for this version so it's easy just testing that in the SPRecovery and Clockwork version both takes time, and uploading a 73MB Nandroid backup and 30MB Update.zip, along with the other patches to two sites takes about 3 hours..lol

I try to support peoples problems as soon as I can. I do have a full time job, so I can't do this 100% of the time, (unfortunately) but I always try to answer quickly and want to help everyone run this. But if I don't answer for a day or so, understand there are a lot of questions to answer, and some that I don't even know the answer to because I never know how it was installed.

Here's one solution:

Hey Robert sry for all the questions, but I installed the round battery icon with percentage but the text on the notification bar is black now, I can't see s**t...lol...is there any fix for this...I really want the round batt...

Same here. Round w/ % gave me black text again. Would love a fix for this, or even a way to revert back to the original framework w/o having to pull it from previous backup... (although while typing that, I realized I could just pull the old framework from my previous backup for now :) ) Although when pulling that, is there anything else I need (i.e. service.jar etc...)? Thanks

Downloaded BE Theme 1.0.4.1 opened it on my PC, pulled out the framework-res.apk, renamed to zip, did not extract, just opened it up.
Downloaded Round Battery Percent, opened it, grabbed the framework-res.apk, renamed to framework-res1.zip, extracted it. Looked for the round battery icons, copied and pasted them in the first framework, closed it up and renamed it framework-res.apk.
I then replaced the framework file in the Round Battery Percent download with the new one and applied it with original instructions. So now I have Round Battery with percent and the white notifications again.
I also tweaked the eri.xml to get rid of the Verizon Wireless while I was in there ;)
I figure roberj13 has done such amazing work already that I might as well get my hands dirty and fix my own problems like I used to :)
So thank you to roberj13 for all your hard work and for those having the same problem I had, if you choose to go the route I did... don't forget to make a backup!dancedroid

Wow, so it's only in patched versions? not the straight 1.0.4.1 theme, that's why I didn't notice before..haha

Well that's exponentially easier to fix..as far as uploading time..

Ok, here is something that will help me to solve your problems, like I said, I want to help as many problems as I can.

ClockworkMod install?
SPRecovery Backup install?
Main page link?
ROM Manager links?
Patched with different dialer or battery?
BB or straight Froyo?
Any other mods that might have touched framework.

I will update these questions into the OP.

Here's one solution:

Wow, so it's only in patched versions? not the straight 1.0.4.1 theme, that's why I didn't notice before..haha

Well that's exponentially easier to fix..as far as uploading time..

Confirmed, stock version (straight 1.0.4.1) has white notifications..

Will post fixes for the update patches tomorrow.

Success! Blue energy on petes bb froyo rom! P3 1.1 kernel. Dear god life is good :)

Well I didn't post it that it works with BB because I wanted to tedt it first. ;) brave souls. But that said I've been running it since it came out and looks like everything is fine so far.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I try to support peoples problems as soon as I can. I do have a full time job, so I can't do this 100% of the time, (unfortunately) but I always try to answer quickly and want to help everyone run this. But if I don't answer for a day or so, understand there are a lot of questions to answer, and some that I don't even know the answer to because I never know how it was installed.
Too bad you're married.....j/k.

Thanks again bud. I like this so much, I'm not even in a rush to try it with BB. I read they're having some issues. I'll wait until Bugless is not so buggy. :D

Back