[Custom Content] HTC Thunderbolt Review

I'd like a better review of the camera. IMO the iPhone 4 camera is the best around. I have a Droid X and my camera does not comare to the iPhone.

Does anyone have comments on the camera?

Thanks
Monty

Mobile device with poor battery life gets a 4.5/5? I really wonder what the priority is with people who review these products. If you're constantly near a power source, you're hardly 'mobile'.

I can be extremely mobile while coming into power sorces throughout the day. I charge my D1 at, office and work. If I go some place I am rarely away from one of those 3 places for more than 4-6 hours, and am rarely using my phone the whole time I am away. I find it quite easy to maintain a good charge throughout the day even with heavy usage. But, that might just be me.

Josh

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Who is this guy that's giving the review? Is he someone reputable? He shouldn' be giving in-depth reviews and battery reviews if he's using advanced task killer

This is like me reviewing a car that can do 40 miles to the gallon but only got 15mpg because I had the gas pedal floored the entire time and then tell people the mpg on this car didn't reach my expectations

Wow, agreed!!! I didn't even look at the pics until your post... it's funny because the battery drain he was talking about was likely as a result of atk! DF, can we please be a little more selective? I personally think reviewers like this are why everyone thinks your battery will always die in 6 hours or less!!! Ark on the phone (let alone in the notification bar) is enough to completely discredit this review in my opinion.

Who is this guy that's giving the review? Is he someone reputable? He shouldn' be giving in-depth reviews and battery reviews if he's using advanced task killer

This is like me reviewing a car that can do 40 miles to the gallon but only got 15mpg because I had the gas pedal floored the entire time and then tell people the mpg on this car didn't reach my expectations

Ha! Great point on the Task Killer. He probably shouldn't be giving reviews.

I stopped by a nearby Verizon store today to see if they have heard any rumors lately concerning the release of the Bionic. Of course, they didn't know anything, but on of the salesmen who had recently bought the TB was trying to cell me on it. I quickly lost respect for him after he tried to tell me the TB has 2 separate 1Ghz processors and a qHD display. I told him "ehhm, no it only has 1 1Ghz processor and a WVGA display. Of course, he disagreed and said an HTC rep that had recently been there told him what he told me. I smirked and moved on to check the TB on display out.

It responds nice and smoothly, but sometimes it would open an app if my finger moved over the screen closely without touching it, or at least I don't think I touched it. It did that several times. Everything seemed pretty nice. I didn't play around with it for too long, but I did give the camera as good a test as I could inside the store. Shutter speed is fast! I went to the DroidX after and tested it's camera, and the TB shutter speed is definitely faster. Still, I'm waiting for more information to come out on the Bionic before I leap on a phone. This will probably be my last upgrade before they get rid of the new every 2 program, and I'm not paying full price for a phone, so I'll make this decision be the best I can.

This will probably be my last upgrade before they get rid of the new every 2 program, and I'm not paying full price for a phone, so I'll make this decision be the best I can.

I share your pain. My last NE2 isn't until October, but I can't go another 6 months with my D1 as I've just pushed it well beyond it's limits and too much lag for how I want to use my phone.

So I'll get Bionic, probably, retail and just flip that in 6 months with my NE2 and be out an extra $250 or so as a result. Might hinge on whether LTE comes to where my office is (outlying suburb of an LTE area) as the 3G signal is spotty and if the LTE does have better penetration then it's an easy move.

These reviews miss the mark sometimes.. This one was ok, but totally missed that one of the greatest things about this phone is the ability to talk and surf?!? I unplug my tb at 7:15 am, use is through out the day for calls, texting, light to medium amount of web surfing, news widgets and facebooking and quite a few emails... THEN! Get it home and use it for tethering for around 1.5 - 2 straight hours (still unplugged) and go to bed around 10. My tb is usually close to dead around that time. I too was all concerned with the battery but after around 4-5 days, my battery life improved dramatically and has been pretty close to the same as my rooted droid x, my tb is not yet rooted. i wonder how long the people that review these phones keep them? All of my droids/smart phones have been terrible for the first week or so then drastically improve... Starting with the bb storm, the Eris, the droid 1, the x and now tb.. Don't let the battery life talks scare you. Read the battery saving forums, don't use task killers and enjoy your phone!!

These reviews miss the mark sometimes.. This one was ok, but totally missed that one of the greatest things about this phone is the ability to talk and surf?!? I unplug my tb at 7:15 am, use is through out the day for calls, texting, light to medium amount of web surfing, news widgets and facebooking and quite a few emails... THEN! Get it home and use it for tethering for around 1.5 - 2 straight hours (still unplugged) and go to bed around 10. My tb is usually close to dead around that time. I too was all concerned with the battery but after around 4-5 days, my battery life improved dramatically and has been pretty close to the same as my rooted droid x, my tb is not yet rooted. i wonder how long the people that review these phones keep them? All of my droids/smart phones have been terrible for the first week or so then drastically improve... Starting with the bb storm, the Eris, the droid 1, the x and now tb.. Don't let the battery life talks scare you. Read the battery saving forums, don't use task killers and enjoy your phone!!

I think it's because when we get a new toy we don't put it down, so after a few days it gets better because we aren't constantly playing with it.

From what I've been hearing, rooted users are setting a screen off profile in setcpu and battery life is WAAAY better! I've been seeing that people are pegging it at the lowest slot and aren't having any issues as a result.

Just fyi...

Sent from my Droid running whatever ROM and Kernel I chose to use today...

These reviews miss the mark sometimes.. This one was ok, but totally missed that one of the greatest things about this phone is the ability to talk and surf

Ok there are two posts that say the TB can talk and surf..not up to par with the latest info but what has changed on vz network or what is it about the TB that allows to do this...I am assuming TB users aren't on wifi...will the Bionic have this same capability? Just wondering which maybe my next phone..

Mobile device with poor battery life gets a 4.5/5? I really wonder what the priority is with people who review these products. If you're constantly near a power source, you're hardly 'mobile'.

I can be extremely mobile while coming into power sorces throughout the day. I charge my D1 at, office and work. If I go some place I am rarely away from one of those 3 places for more than 4-6 hours, and am rarely using my phone the whole time I am away. I find it quite easy to maintain a good charge throughout the day even with heavy usage. But, that might just be me.

Josh

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

My description of mobile are people who work in services that require them to be in vehicles, transportation or otherwise out and about and not being able to be plugging in their phones. People who are traveling at airports and don't want to be hunting down an outlet taken by some 14 year old punk and his Nintendo 3ds. Another power hungry 'mobile' device.

These reviews miss the mark sometimes.. This one was ok, but totally missed that one of the greatest things about this phone is the ability to talk and surf

Ok there are two posts that say the TB can talk and surf..not up to par with the latest info but what has changed on vz network or what is it about the TB that allows to do this...I am assuming TB users aren't on wifi...will the Bionic have this same capability? Just wondering which maybe my next phone..

Yeah your right its not on wifi but it can do talk and surf at 3g or lte and its awesome!

My comments are in regards to the actual review, not the threads following it:) this phone can do both because it has 2 radios. I think that's a Major plus, plus the initial review missed. I love being able to tether and talk on the phone at the same time!!!!

I was just about to ask if it had 2 radios.

This has me all wondering. I need to research the Forums a little bit more and see if there's any more talk about this Talk N Surf stuff. Otherwise, start a new thread?

As for my opinion... the review is REALLY Biased. I won't go into detail on how... but yeah.

I'm really torn right now, because I just got a Droid X from a friend for $125. Brand new, in the box, she only used it once. Awesomeness. I'm in love with it. R.I.P. OG Droid. You were awesomeness, but your lag and instability shied me away.

I was holding out for the Bionic, but the more I'm reading, it's got some TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH Competition coming its way i.e. Samsung's new phone. And with the bootloaders being locked on Motos... it's another reason to give it up... but the phones themselves... *sigh*. I guess you can never get everything you want in one package. You MUST give up some features in order to have others. Blah. Now I'm rambling.

Decisions Decisions. This sucks right now until we have more hands-on experience with these new devices.

I was just about to ask if it had 2 radios.

This has me all wondering. I need to research the Forums a little bit more and see if there's any more talk about this Talk N Surf stuff. Otherwise, start a new thread?

As for my opinion... the review is REALLY Biased. I won't go into detail on how... but yeah.

I'm really torn right now, because I just got a Droid X from a friend for $125. Brand new, in the box, she only used it once. Awesomeness. I'm in love with it. R.I.P. OG Droid. You were awesomeness, but your lag and instability shied me away.

I was holding out for the Bionic, but the more I'm reading, it's got some TOUGH TOUGH TOUGH Competition coming its way i.e. Samsung's new phone. And with the bootloaders being locked on Motos... it's another reason to give it up... but the phones themselves... *sigh*. I guess you can never get everything you want in one package. You MUST give up some features in order to have others. Blah. Now I'm rambling.

Decisions Decisions. This sucks right now until we have more hands-on experience with these new devices.
I can tell you I am more than happy about my decision to switch from moto to htc... the thunderbolt is a very impressive phone, and the fact that they released their kernel source and moto doesnt, was a huge factor for me...

Back