Does your Rezound do this?

I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the bloat. Stuff from HTC and Verizon that was preinstalled doesn't give me the uninstall option and when I force stop they just start right back up.

Sent from my Rezound using DroidForums.

I'm still trying to figure out how to remove the bloat. Stuff from HTC and Verizon that was preinstalled doesn't give me the uninstall option and when I force stop they just start right back up.

Easy as pie!

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-rezound/184907-cleantool-script.html#post1867702

S
croll to the bottom and you can see a longer list of what I disabled, that you can copy and paste into the batch file to remove the bloat.

Let's just say I remove Facebook. Can I go back and enable it, or reinstall from the application store?

Let's just say I remove Facebook. Can I go back and enable it, or reinstall from the application store?

Yeah, you can either install it again from The Market, or, go edit that batch file and find the line that said to disable facebook, and change it enable, hit save, and rerun the script.

That is the beauty of this, you can edit that file as you find new crap to disable, or if you need to put everything back, you can simple change "disable" to "enable" and it will restore it. I keep watching that XDA thread, and as they uncover more stuff, I decide if I want it or not and if not, I add it to the file, rerun it, etc...

Well, phone was just sitting here on the desk and it rebooted itself, wasn't even using the phone at the time. Both TBolts did that, the DX did it, etc... I guess I will just have to live with it if they won't let me exchange it. Being that I already got one exchange, I don't know how to go about getting another one. I traded the Razr for this and I was told that was it, but if the phone is defective, don't they have to replace it?

If they dont replace it call the customer service line and tell them to connect you to the customer loyalty line. They should get you squared away with a solution. Sorry to hear you are being rebooted. Sounds like a rare case for this phone.

Yeah, it happened a lot with the DX and Thunderbolts no matter what OS was on, the only fix was using CM7, which tells me it is probably some Verizon crap causing it...

FML, verizon really needs to quit it with the friggin bloatware.

FML, verizon really needs to quit it with the friggin bloatware.

They won't. They get paid a lot of money to load that crap on there, and they put their own stuff there to try to get you to use(and pay) for their other services...

Welcome to the world of HTC. Another reason I'm through with them. They've left a bad taste. Sense sucks too IMO. Laggy. I know I keep saying it....and not to beat down anyone...but I've seen it for a whole year on my tbolt and 2 years on the Inc. Neither lag on aosp.

Let me elaborate. Slow to respond status bar pull down. Slow to respond app drawer. Slow transitions. Don't get me wrong....its not like it takes 5 seconds....its not a lot of lag....but its enough for me to notice and I hate it.

Sorry to hear about your rezound ....take it back to Verizon.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using DroidForums

This probably in hopes that some people out there don't know that there is an alternative to most of the crap they put on there.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Ok, so the mini saga continues...

I take the phone to the store, formatted the SD card, did a factory reset, everything. Told them about the random reboots, and also about the call fading in and out. I thought it was just my girlfriend's BT in her Mini Cooper the other day, but she was talking to me and as I talked I would sound fine and then my voice would fade away to almost nothing and then come back a few seconds later. I though the issue was her BT setup, but yesterday I was on the phone and that person said the same thing, so now I know it was my phone.

So I take it back after a format and factory wipe and tell them I need a new one. Nice people at the store, but to authorize an exchange they need to have someone from sort sort of tech support department authorize it.

I explain everything I have done up to this point. The rep on the phone, refuses to talk to me directly, even after I and the in store rep asked no less than 4 times. He insists I check the battery. I tell him it was rebooting and acting up on both the stock battery and the extended battery. He asks me to hard wipe the phone, I tell him I just did that in the parking lot not 15 minutes ago. He has that stupid "I know better than you, even though I am just a monkey reading from a script" attitude. Sorta like calling DirecTV and the first thing the tech asks you is if it is plugged in. Duh. Maybe some people are that dumb, but when I walk in and describe the symptoms, mention the online research I have done, telling him I went into the bootloader and did a hard reset, etc... you would think that perhaps I know a bit about the phone and how it works, right?

So I tell him I JUST DID A RESET, and he says we need to do it again. So we do. Then he wants us to sit there and see if it randomnly reboots or if that fixed it. I am like, WTF? it is an intermittent issue, it could happen in 15 minutes, or it could be tomorrow, and the solution cannot be that every morning I wake up and do a hard reset, spend another hour setting up my phone, etc...

He won't authorize a return, so the only thing that can do is swap out my SIM card.

The guys at the store were kinda taken aback as well, they could see how pissed I was getting. They went in and noted on my account that if I have any problems with the phone, that the store manager promised to have my phone exchanged, so all I have to do is see if it acts up again, and then call *611 or whatever...

I love the phone, but VZW customer service is taking a nose dive lately...

The reps at these stores are like night and day. At the store I go to there is a resident a hole that I had to call the BBB on. But then there is a manager who is the coolest dude in there. He knows me and my gf by name because in the last few months we've been there like 10 Times. I know you would like a replacement ASAP but I was told by a rep on the phone that the Verizon reps at their hotline have the tools to do what you need. People at some stores don't. So with my past phones when things got hectic I didn't wastetime in the store. Called the service line and came to solutions that way.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I would say take cp24eva's advice and call their customer loyalty line. If not, tell them it rebooted itself again in the middle of an important business call and either replace the phone or refund your money and cancel your contract(ETF free) because you paid for a working device. I hate when companies act like because they have your money they don't need to keep you happy.

Good advice. Anybody have a number for the Customer Loyalty line?

Back