Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

True. Just wipe data, cache and dalvik. Mount system and install.

CM74D2

OK Thanks. I am considering this.

anyone have any Pros/Cons of swithcing?

You can always go back. I would try all the 2nd init roms (cm7, liquid, SS, MIUI). You can go to each of these with the same process i listed above.
Try them all out.

CM74D2

True. Just wipe data, cache and dalvik. Mount system and install.

CM74D2

OK Thanks. I am considering this.

anyone have any Pros/Cons of swithcing?

You can always go back. I would try all the 2nd init roms (cm7, liquid, SS, MIUI). You can go to each of these with the same process i listed above.
Try them all out.

CM74D2

Man I have been totally lost/confused about flashing to different ROMs then.

I thought that every time you flashed a new ROM you had to SBF first, and not having done that before have always been a little nervous to switch to a new ROM.

Last edited:
Has anyone found a lockscreen that allows displaying owner information - name, phone, contact info/message or similar.

I can't find a lockscreen that does that, and owner info apps I've tried aren't working on the MIUI lockscreen...

Not true. No need to sbf.
Now, if you flashed the gb leak and then a gb rom and say, wanted to try a 2nd init gb rom based off the froyo kernel (like cyanogenmod or miui), then you'd have to sbf to froyo.
You're already on froyo so you can jump to any froyo rom or any gb rom based off the froyo kernel (cm, miui etc..)
Hope that makes sense ;p

CM74D2

Last edited:
something i noticed thats really helpful is moving apps from screen to screen.. moving them to the border doesnt always work but if u long press the app and swype the screen with another finger u can move the app very effectively

No, not yet. It is being ported tho! I listed it by mistake, sorry. We'll have it soon im sure

CM74D2

something i noticed thats really helpful is moving apps from screen to screen.. moving them to the border doesnt always work but if u long press the app and swype the screen with another finger u can move the app very effectively

Thats friggin cool dude! Nice find!

Has anyone found a lockscreen that allows displaying owner information - name, phone, contact info/message or similar.

I can't find a lockscreen that does that, and owner info apps I've tried aren't working on the MIUI lockscreen...

Phones, like ours, stand less than half a chance of being returned to their respective owner(s). I wouldn't waste time trying to put all that on the lockscreen. Even if you don't have all that info on there, and the person is a good samaritan, they can easily find who the owner is through contact list, facebook app, twitter app, and other stuff on your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Phones, like ours, stand less than half a chance of being returned to their respective owner(s). I wouldn't waste time trying to put all that on the lockscreen. Even if you don't have all that info on there, and the person is a good samaritan, they can easily find who the owner is through contact list, facebook app, twitter app, and other stuff on your phone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I have a PIN to keep that stuff secret from the bad people...

I'm going from personal experience...I've had one returned (lost a blackberry a couple years ago) and my neighbor had an iPhone returned, so I remain optimistic, and providing the information at least gives the person a chance to do the right thing. :)

I should just tape my name/number to the back of the phone, but find that so tacky... ;-)

Wait! What bad people? I'm scared.... :-/

CM74D2

jawas.jpg

These bad people, because you have the Droids they're looking for

Lol dancedroid

Back