Droid 2 Miui install/bug/questions&answers thread.

Wait! What bad people? I'm scared.... :-/

CM74D2

jawas.jpg

These bad people, because you have the Droids they're looking for

Lol dancedroid

Do NOT mess w/a Jawa...

LOL, I was gonna put a stormtrooper but they're boring ;)
Jawas have those big vehicles they lock the droids in, and their hoods are cool

DROID 2 Running MIUI

Last edited:
SS is awesome. Smooth and with sweet animations. The Chevy toolbox is a nice touch and you can change everything from LED colors/notifications to carrier text and more.

SSX v2.0

First it was Cyanogenmod, then Liquid, MIUI, and now SS? Now all I need is ProjectElite to come over and my right nipple will explode.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

First it was Cyanogenmod, then Liquid, MIUI, and now SS? Now all I need is ProjectElite to come over and my right nipple will explode.

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

Is that where your brain resides? J/k

Your post made me laugh out loud. dancedroid

SSX v2.0

It has definitely been a great summer for the D2. We almost lost hope being on Liberty GB and getting very slow updates while the DX was getting all the love (no offense to Team Liberty).

It's the determination, people jumping in to learn and help, and contributing back as much as they can to the D2 community to keep it rolling.

Much of the big thanks goes to cvpcs, on bringing more ROMs, for getting the ball rolling first and the rest of the devs and interested people working and helping to get these new ROMs stable and add some pretty nifty stuff.

tb110895 is working hard along-side with Framework43 to learn how all this works and eventually be able to do a lot of this stuff like Framework43, jrummy, keyjar, and other devs do. I've been getting really interested in the newly released MIUI ROM, thanks to tb110895 as an inspiration to do something, lol.

I managed to complete 1 task of finding out why the Debug icon, on MIUI, isn't there. It is in fact there, just not showing up when it's suppose to.

Now I'm working on fixing the bootanimation bug. It's gonna be a fun ride!

It has definitely been a great summer for the D2. We almost lost hope being on Liberty GB and getting very slow updates while the DX was getting all the love (no offense to Team Liberty).

It's the determination, people jumping in to learn and help, and contributing back as much as they can to the D2 community to keep it rolling.

Much of the big thanks goes to cvpcs, on bringing more ROMs, for getting the ball rolling first and the rest of the devs and interested people working and helping to get these new ROMs stable and add some pretty nifty stuff.

tb110895 is working hard along-side with Framework43 to learn how all this works and eventually be able to do a lot of this stuff like Framework43, jrummy, keyjar, and other devs do. I've been getting really interested in the newly released MIUI ROM, thanks to tb110895 as an inspiration to do something, lol.

I managed to complete 1 task of finding out why the Debug icon, on MIUI, isn't there. It is in fact there, just not showing up when it's suppose to.

Now I'm working on fixing the bootanimation bug. It's gonna be a fun ride!

What's wrong with the boot animation?

I have loved this summer with my X. Tons of great ROMs to try. I have tried all of them except MIUI and Darkslide.

SSX v2.0

On MIUI, we can't change it no matter what. I did, in fact, manage to kill the original bootanimation (the ugly one) into no bootanimation.

So, I'm trying to figure out what is causing it to not allow us to change it, even through Theme Manager.

Have you tried the obvious - copying another bootanimation.zip file into data/local, or does MIUI store them in a different location/under another name?

It is pretty amazing, given how nice the ROM looks, how ugly the stock boot animation is.

It does seem strange that we wouldn't be able to just switch it out with root explorer like always...

CM74D2

Back