Droid Incredible by HTC - The Next Verizon Droid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
htc-incredible-droid.jpg

The next chapter in the Droid Saga begins April 29th.

Today Verizon has a new page with an official announcement for the HTC Incredible. You might think this is nothing new, bits of information have been leaking almost every day for the last few months. What's new about this announcement you ask?

Verizon is announcing the HTC Incredible as the Droid Incredible, adding to the Verizon Droid Android Phone lineup! The rumored launch date appears to be on track for April 29th.

We've got the full line-up covered with a dedicated HTC Incredible Forum, and a Droid Incredible Forum here at the site. Here are the links:

HTC Incredible Forum :: Verizon HTC Incredible Forum
Droid Incredible Forum - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

finally!!! thank you verizon for announcing something!!! can't wait. 15 more days to go....

Here are some of the features:

* 4.63″ x 2.3″ x 0.47″, 4.59 oz.
* Android 2.1 “Eclair” with Sense UI
* 1GHz Snapdragon QSG8650 processor
* 512MB ROM / 512MB RAM
* Dual-band EV-DO Rev. A
* 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
* GPS
* 3.7″ WVGA OLED capacitive display
* 8 megapixel camera with auto-focus and video capture
* HTML browser with Flash Lite 4.0
* Microsoft Exchange support
* 8GB internal memory
* microSD support for up to 32GB
* 3.5mm headphone jack
* Accelerometer
* 312 minutes talk time / 149 hours standby
* Pre-loaded with Google Calendar, Gmail, Search, Maps, Latitude, Navigation and Talk

Essentially it will be very close to the Droid performance-wise. It has a nicer camera, Sense UI, and more ram. Those are the main improvements.

It has a different screen technology (OLED vs TFT LCD).

Those are the main differences. The snapdragon is faster than the Droid's CPU but the Droid also has a GPU so they'll be close. The Incredible has more RAM but also has SenseUI sucking up some of it.

It is DEFINITELY a sexy phone though, if it had a keyboard I'd be pretty jealous...

what happened to the nexus. Did HTC/google/ vzw decide to repackage it as the incredible to stick with the "droid theme". Droie Eris, Droid, Droid Nexus..uhhhhhh Incredible.

ahh nice. the official word of it. So....they did name it 'Droid' Incredible. thas wassup.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

The Droid branding is the best part of this. Verizon is marketing the hell out of the Droid name whether it be Moto Droid, Droid Eris, Droid Incredible, etc... Absolutely excellent idea and brand name recognition and it seems to be sticking too. Hopefully Droid will become a household name, regardless of manufacturer, just like iP(hone, od, ad).

true true........one is small (eris), one has a keyboard (moto), and one has a snapdragon chip, no keyboard, and look less like the iphone..uhhhhh nexus.

Loving this phone but sticking with the Droid. Like everyone said love the name haha

what happened to the nexus. Did HTC/google/ vzw decide to repackage it as the incredible to stick with the "droid theme". Droie Eris, Droid, Droid Nexus..uhhhhhh Incredible.
It's not the same phone. Verizon should still get the Nexus, there is still some Spring 2010 left! Although I won't be paying any attention to it, I don't want to get a phone through Google, I want to be able to go into a store and get help, exchange, etc.

Back