Droid, internet, and VZW....

Lyubov

Reaction score
I got the Froyo or what seems like froyo. I got it as an over the air update, the VZW rep. just told me its imposseble and its not a ligal version. Is it ligal or not?
did anyone have to pay anything extra for using Froyo tethering, and internet?
also did anyone get any extra chargies for Pda.net?
VZW reps dont answer the qustions.
however if connected trough Droids original tethering then it takes me to..https://dunsp.vzw.com/selfProvisioning/SelfProvisioningServlet
if its trough Pda then it just goes to the page that is set as home on laptop..

LOL better tell the vzw rep that someones hacked vzw servers and sending ota updates unofficially!!

That rep was clueless. Anything over the air is legit.

No idea about pda.net. I dont/ have never teathered so Im clueless when it comes to that.

The VZW rep is a moron. Verizon is rolling out the second OTA Froyo update right now. Rest assured, your OS is perfectly legal.

And yes, VZW tethering costs money. To tether for free, you need to be rooted, then there's apps in the market for it. I recommend "Wireless Tether [for Root Users]".

you dont have to be rooted to tether..lots of apps in the market that will allow you to tether..just not wirelessly.

There's no shortage of VZW reps that know nothing about Android let alone froyo or releases. Telling people that they do is what makes them idiots.

For real answers and knowledge come here and androidforums.com (there are some others too).

There's no shortage of VZW reps that know nothing about Android let alone froyo or releases.

THIS.

It's quite sad when I end up schooling Verizon reps about getting around with Android...like how to check the build number. ;)

I got the Froyo or what seems like froyo. I got it as an over the air update, the VZW rep. just told me its imposseble and its not a ligal version.
The VZW rep is an idiot.

The VZW rep is a moron. Verizon is rolling out the second OTA Froyo update right now. Rest assured, your OS is perfectly legal.

And yes, VZW tethering costs money. To tether for free, you need to be rooted, then there's apps in the market for it. I recommend "Wireless Tether [for Root Users]".

I'm running 2.3.3. on a D2. Now, when using Wireless Tether and trying to go to an HTTPS page it redirects to that Self Provisioning Page. Sneaky sneaky Verizon.

When I was in line to get my HTC Thunderbolt on the Thursday release date several weeks ago, it was quite painful listening to all the reps try and sell phones to the customers. Made me wonder how uninformed most people are and how you can sell just about anything with enough bull****.

Back