droid r2d2

right now im stuck between keeping the pro and continue returning phones till i get one that actually works or switch over to a different phone since my 14day trail is up after tomorrow

are you looking for guidance? i would say the droid 2 is a better choice than the pro but there are better options out there. unless of course the physical keyboard is a big thing for you.

if you dont mind me asking why is the droid 2 better then the pro. i know the pro is met to compete with blackberry

are you looking for guidance? i would say the droid 2 is a better choice than the pro but there are better options out there. unless of course the physical keyboard is a big thing for you.

if you dont mind me asking why is the droid 2 better then the pro. i know the pro is met to compete with blackberry

I haven't actually used a pro but from what I've seen the D2 has better dev support and is a more solid phone all around.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

that is really just my personal prefference but in actuality they are pretty similar. there is a much bigger base of support for the droid 2 then the pro though and i find that to e very important. also if you feel like you need a phys keyboard i would go with the 2 because down the line if you decide to root and rom, there are no options for the pro

that is basically hacking the phone. changing the firmware for the performance and appearance of the phone.

from what ive read and compared the pro and the r2d2 they seem like the internals are the same but idk that much about smartphones

Root is the linux equivalent of administrator rights (android is linux). The rom would be the equivalent of windows xp/vista/7. They normally are as close to stock ui as can get without a new kernel (locked bootloaders ftl) (kernel is what tells the phone what to do) and are generally much better on battery than stock and are faster and smoother.

Edit: looking over that idk if that would actually help clarify..... if not ill do a better write up lol

Root is the linux equivalent of administrator rights (android is linux). The rom would be the equivalent of windows xp/vista/7. They normally are as close to stock ui as can get without a new kernel (locked bootloaders ftl) (kernel is what tells the phone what to do) and are generally much better on battery than stock and are faster and smoother.

ok so say i decide to go with the droid r2d2 how would i hack the phone?

Would use an app called z4root (or do it manually if you want to be brave.... z4root is one click though)

first you would have to rot it which can be done through a one click app, then you would have to download something called droid 2 bootstrapper to get a custom recovery. i think with the r2d2 you would also have to use a computer to flash an sbf file to make your phone the same version as a droid 2 instead of r2d2. it's a lot of stuff to get in to but there are tons of resources.

Back