droid r2d2

Technically yes..... however its so easy to sbf back to stock that if something happened and you had to return it you could and they wouldn't know. Sbf is the stock recovery image that moto puts on their phones before they ship them from the factory.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

first you would have to rot it which can be done through a one click app, then you would have to download something called droid 2 bootstrapper to get a custom recovery. i think with the r2d2 you would also have to use a computer to flash an sbf file to make your phone the same version as a droid 2 instead of r2d2. it's a lot of stuff to get in to but there are tons of resources.

i thought the r2d2 is the same thing as the droid 2 but a stars wars edition

I can give you a link to z4root. As for battery life, there's a ton of write ups around this site about how to make battery life better.

first you would have to rot it which can be done through a one click app, then you would have to download something called droid 2 bootstrapper to get a custom recovery. i think with the r2d2 you would also have to use a computer to flash an sbf file to make your phone the same version as a droid 2 instead of r2d2. it's a lot of stuff to get in to but there are tons of resources.

They have a different version number because of the star wars things on it. There's a thread with info on how to save all of the r2d2 stuff but still be able to flash roms.

it is but parts of the firmware were changed so f you get in to custom frameworks you would have to be on the stock droid 2 firmware.

hmmmm this site is really helpful. got to say the best droid site ive came across so far thanks guys!

now is their any down fall to hacking the droid 2 or the r2d2?

Last edited:
im new to the smart phone devices. i came from an htc ozone and moving up to a droid is undescribeable. lol

Other than the warrentee thing that's already be explained no. Just make sure you are very very very careful if you start changing anything in the inside of your phone.

I came from a samsung alias almost 3 months ago and look where I am now. Its a lot to get used to but once you do you wont want to go back.

Other than the warrentee thing that's already be explained no. Just make sure you are very very very careful if you start changing anything in the inside of your phone.

I came from a samsung alias almost 3 months ago and look where I am now. Its a lot to get used to but once you do you wont want to go back.

what droid do you have?

Says at the bottom of my post ;)

I have a droid 2 global..... wish my parents hadn't gotten me this locked up thing and instead had gotten something a little more open like any htc phone....

whats the difference between motorola and htc? i was told that motorola owns htc or vice versa

As far as I know they don't but I could be wrong. The biggest difference (other than htc is more open) is the build/software quality. Moto has better build quality but htc has better software.

Back