Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Yup 2500 for droid razr hd. I bet i know what's coming next. Can we say droid razr maxx hd. :mad:

sent from galaxy nexus running jellybean. Are you running jellybean yet?

Who is still buying the the HD and who is going to wait to see if Motorola comes out with one with a bigger battery

I'm against the ropes... I'm thinking that the HD might be more efficient with the s4 chip...i might take it for a test drive and see... we'll see

I am not sure if its disappointing or not but it appears that its battery will have 2530 mAh battery instead of the rumored 3300 mAh!

what do you guys think, isn't it kindda disappointing?
That is a little disappointing but if you have a Razr Maxx don't think this is a step back. Keep in mind two huge advantages the Razr HD will have. One, the Snapdragon S4 processor is made with a 28nm die process compared to 45nm for the OMAP on the Maxx. That means the CPU will use less power. Also, the S4 uses an ARM Cortex A-15 like design, called Krait, that is faster and, because of that, more efficient, than the ARM Cortex A-9 design of the OMAP in the Maxx. Two, the Snapdragon S4 has an integrated LTE radio chipset that saves a lot of power over all earlier LTE chipsets, like the one in the Maxx. For those reasons, I would be willing to bet that in most circumstances the Razr HD with the 2530mAH battery will have at least as good and possibly better battery life than the Razr Maxx.

A huge wild card as far as the battery life goes when compared to the Razr Maxx is the display. I think the three things that take the most power in a smartphone are the CPU, the 3G and 4G radio's, and the display. The HD wins easily with the Radio's (at least 4G) and the CPU. I'm just not sure how the display (sounds like a very nice LCD but I don't know) will compare to the SAMOLED Advanced in the Razr Maxx. It's always seemed to me that OLED based display's use more power the LCD but it depends on how much black you display and using PenTile helps battery life too. We'll have to see!

While I don't know how much of a difference each improvement makes it sounds like the HTC One X with a relatively small 1800mAH battery can usually make it through the day for most people and those with a Samsung Galaxy SIII and a 2100mAH are more than happy with their battery life. Both have the same Snapdragon S4 processor and LTE chipset as the Razr HD will. I'm just glad the Razr HD will still have a large battery.

Now, does anyone know if it will have 2GB of RAM?!?!??! :)

Who is still buying the the HD and who is going to wait to see if Motorola comes out with one with a bigger battery
So far, I think the Razr HD is still for me. I like the battery (though better is always better), the MicroHDMI, moto radio's, and the build materials.

The question I have is will it really benefit from 2GB of ram? From what I understand the additional ram may provide minimal if any performance improvement, may do little top help with multitasking, but the additional battery drain from refreshing that additional 1GB may be considerable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Are they having problems making the 3300 mah battery. It does not make since to use a smaller battery. Especially when they are going to be selling it through a carrier that has a phone with the larger battery.
I'll bet it was just a matter of striking some balance to possibly make the phone a little thinner due to the fact that it should be quite a bit more power efficient than the Razr Maxx.

FoxKat said:
The question i have is will it really benefit from 2GB of ram? From what I understand the additional ram may provide minimal if any performance improvement, may do little top help with multitasking, but the additional battery drain from refreshing that additional 1GB may be considerable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Where did you hear that from? My S3 gets a lot better battery life than my nexus with the extended battery life which is a 2100 may battery. And before you say that the S3 has the S4 chip don't you think if the extra 1 gig of ram made a considerable difference on the battery it would cancell each other out. And please tell me how the extra 1gig of ram affects the battery I am still confused on that theory.

The question I have is will it really benefit from 2GB of ram? From what I understand the additional ram may provide minimal if any performance improvement, may do little top help with multitasking, but the additional battery drain from refreshing that additional 1GB may be considerable.
Adding RAM doesn't hurt the battery life. It should let the Razr HD be upgradable to more versions of Android down the road. That's the main reason I want it. Who knows, maybe it would even let me dual-boot Windows RT sometime in the future...though I'm not really sure why I would want to at this point. Really though, it seems to me like RAM has been the main limiting factor in Android phones not getting newer versions of Android, aside from a lazy OEM that doesn't release updates at least.

The sgs3 has a 2100 battery and it makes it through the day. Im back in line for razr hd

The sgs3 has a 2100 battery and it makes it through the day. Im back in line for razr hd

Kewl..

pc747 said:

I would not say that it makes it through the day. On my maxx I made it through the day the S3 I make it about half a day. I also use about 20-25 gigs a month. So I guess it all depends on how much you use your phone. The S3 is better than any other phone that have seen other than the maxx. So the battery difference in the HD is a big difference to me. And I don't think that I will buy it if it is not that much of a difference than the S3

hotice said:
That is a little disappointing but if you have a Razr Maxx don't think this is a step back. Keep in mind two huge advantages the Razr HD will have. One, the Snapdragon S4 processor is made with a 28nm die process compared to 45nm for the OMAP on the Maxx. That means the CPU will use less power. Also, the S4 uses an ARM Cortex A-15 like design, called Krait, that is faster and, because of that, more efficient, than the ARM Cortex A-9 design of the OMAP in the Maxx. Two, the Snapdragon S4 has an integrated LTE radio chipset that saves a lot of power over all earlier LTE chipsets, like the one in the Maxx. For those reasons, I would be willing to bet that in most circumstances the Razr HD with the 2530mAH battery will have at least as good and possibly better battery life than the Razr Maxx.

A huge wild card as far as the battery life goes when compared to the Razr Maxx is the display. I think the three things that take the most power in a smartphone are the CPU, the 3G and 4G radio's, and the display. The HD wins easily with the Radio's (at least 4G) and the CPU. I'm just not sure how the display (sounds like a very nice LCD but I don't know) will compare to the SAMOLED Advanced in the Razr Maxx. It's always seemed to me that OLED based display's use more power the LCD but it depends on how much black you display and using PenTile helps battery life too. We'll have to see!

While I don't know how much of a difference each improvement makes it sounds like the HTC One X with a relatively small 1800mAH battery can usually make it through the day for most people and those with a Samsung Galaxy SIII and a 2100mAH are more than happy with their battery life. Both have the same Snapdragon S4 processor and LTE chipset as the Razr HD will. I'm just glad the Razr HD will still have a large battery.

Now, does anyone know if it will have 2GB of RAM?!?!??! :)

Well, its true that s4 is more efficient than its relative in the maxx but the screen is bigger and it will drain more than the maxx's. So better cpu, worse screen (in terms of battery drain) and worse battery (compared to the maxx's) not sure about the ratios but if it holds like the maxx it would be epic.

Correct me if i am wrong but i thought the OLED uses less battery than the lcd

Anyways, the razr hd is still a step forward for me, (i have the original htc desire for god's sake lol)

I would not say that it makes it through the day. On my maxx I made it through the day the S3 I make it about half a day. I also use about 20-25 gigs a month. So I guess it all depends on how much you use your phone. The S3 is better than any other phone that have seen other than the maxx. So the battery difference in the HD is a big difference to me. And I don't think that I will buy it if it is not that much of a difference than the S3
If you use LTE that much the difference in the LTE radio chipset should make up the battery difference for you. I have two co-workers who have GSIII's and they are getting very good battery life - a long day with lots of use sometimes ending up with 50% left at bedtime.

If i had a maxx i would pass. I don't think it's that much of a jump. I compare it to the jump from iphone 4 to iphone 4s. If you have a bionic, droidx, droid 2, etc it's worth the jump.

Back