Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

bsweetness said:
I wouldn't be so sure that they won't. They've used the dual-core Qualcomm S4 in the Galaxy S3 not only because of the issues with LTE (which they resolved in the Korean S3 that has LTE and the quad-core Exynos, so it potentially could have been resolved for all), but also because of production. Samsung, who produces a heck of a lot of different things, may not have been able to get the quad-core Exynos into all of the 20 million plus S3's that have been sold in a fast enough amount of time. Qualcomm, who focuses more of their attention on processors than Samsung does, can get theirs done faster. So it might end up being an issue of supply - some versions of the Note 2 could conceivably have one or the other, just like the Galaxy S3. It's not really because Samsung wouldn't want to use their own processors, but just because they can't get enough made in time (and they're hoping to move 10-20 million of the Note 2 before the end of the year).

I'm not sure if that's what will happen, but Samsung has used processors from other companies before (and very recently in several models of their flagship Galaxy S3 in major markets), so it's not unprecedented.

Well yeah I know all that. But personally I thank they use other chips most of the time due to compatibility issues. As far as them not producing enough chips I find that hard to believe. That would be like a car manufacturer not being able to have their engines made for cars which sometimes happens and they have other contracts but usually not the case. Id say Samsung has a own building just for making processor chips 24/7. Other then that I agree with you on the rest.

But hey you may be right about all of it, in the end I hope its not a let down.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Well yeah I know all that. But personally I thank they use other chips most of the time due to compatibility issues. As far as them not producing enough chips I find that hard to believe. That would be like a car manufacturer not being able to have their engines made for cars which sometimes happens and they have other contracts but usually not the case. Id say Samsung has a own building just for making processor chips 24/7. Other then that I agree with you on the rest.

But hey you may be right about all of it, in the end I hope its not a let down.

It's not simply the capability of producing it, but also the materials. Don't forget that in the past, Samsung makes components, including some processors, for several of Apple's mobile products, and there's only so much material to go around. If Samsung can make more money by manufacturing some parts for Apple and using parts from other manufacturers in their devices, you'd better believe they're going to do it in many cases. And I think we all know that there's a device flying under the radar right now called the iPhone 5, along with a refreshed iPod Touch, and a rumored iPad mini for next month. To release those devices on the scale that Apple releases them requires a significant portion of the materials that are out there, along with use of manufacturing plants.

They also solved the LTE/quad-core compatibility issue with the Korean S3 that was released in July around the time the U.S. versions were released. Part of the reason for the U.S. versions not receiving that combo was not only the desire to keep the size the same in nearly all of the world (the Korean LTE S3 is slightly thicker than the rest), but also because there wasn't enough time to get the processors manufactured on that large of a scale. They could get enough made for a July release in South Korea, but not for a July release on three carriers in the U.S. (and possibly Canada and Japan) as well.

But of course, pretty much anything we have right now that pertains to any of that is pure speculation at this point. :)

Last edited:
bsweetness said:
It's not simply the capability of producing it, but also the materials. Don't forget that in the past, Samsung makes components, including some processors, for several of Apple's mobile products, and there's only so much material to go around. If Samsung can make more money by manufacturing some parts for Apple and using parts from other manufacturers in their devices, you'd better believe they're going to do it in many cases. And I think we all know that there's a device flying under the radar right now called the iPhone 5, along with a refreshed iPod Touch, and a rumored iPad mini for next month. To release those devices on the scale that Apple releases them requires a significant portion of the materials that are out there, along with use of manufacturing plants.

They also solved the LTE/quad-core compatibility issue with the Korean S3 that was released in July around the time the U.S. versions were released. Part of the reason for the U.S. versions not receiving that combo was not only the desire to keep the size the same in nearly all of the world (the Korean LTE S3 is slightly thicker than the rest), but also because there wasn't enough time to get the processors manufactured on that large of a scale. They could get enough made for a July release in South Korea, but not for a July release on three carriers in the U.S. (and possibly Canada and Japan) as well.

But of course, pretty much anything we have right now that pertains to any of that is pure speculation at this point. :)

True about Apple, Samsung making chips and screens for their phone made them tons and then taken in one day by a lawsuit lol. But didn't I read correctly a while back. I thought the new iPhones components was being made by someone else now.

Last edited:
Lg will make some of the screens cuz samsung cant keep up with production.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Obviously android guys made this looking at the likes count to lol...

[video=youtube;fv6vlP2qSyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Obviously android guys made this looking at the likes count to lol...

[video=youtube;fv6vlP2qSyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

That is pure youtube gold

Sent from a Droid2 Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

[video=youtube;tuQouOVOaTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQouOVOaTg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

is it me or is this just an awesome looking phone DROID RAZR MAXX HD Extended Battery Life - Motorola Mobility LLC. USA - Motorola Mobility LLC. USA

I think I am going to end up with the razr maxx hd. Yead the note 2 will have better specs and I will give it a run but something tells me the razr maxx hd will be my daily driver.

It definitely looks good. But the 5.5" screen, S-Pen, 2GB of RAM, quad-core processor, and great camera are going to sway me in the direction of the Note 2 for quite awhile. :)

I dont know what I am going to buy its just too much awesome tech.

But if i was to go by need motorola razr maxx hd is it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[video=youtube;2bitUVvJyzM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bitUVvJyzM&feature=relmfu[/video]

[video=youtube;u2ikG3Phc78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2ikG3Phc78[/video]

Back