Droid Razr Maxx HD waiting lounge.

Well the good thing is the razr came after the bionic since it was under the radar so wasn't rushed. I am going out on a limb we see a droid 5 and droid x3 afterwards. Google will be able to right the ship. Both will have a way to unlock the bootloader with out buying a developer phone. Also they will go back to the removable battery. The dx3 will be a dual core intel chip and d5 will be the snapdragon quad core. D5 will have 1.5 gigs of ram while dx3 will come with 2gigs. D5 will have a 2800 battery vs 3000 on dx3. D5 will have 4.3 inch vs 4.7 on dx3.

What are the chances i am even in the ball park lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Google needs to keep the og DROID line going and wipe the slate clean on everything else and get everything back on track. Moto deserves the top spot.

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Im thinking we will see the Droid line rise again sadly i don't think it will be on vzw. Verizon's restricted nature is the reason. I expect more phones like the razr line for vzw and motorola making og like phones for other carriers like sprint.

Im thinking we will see the Droid line rise again sadly i don't think it will be on vzw. Verizon's restricted nature is the reason. I expect more phones like the razr line for vzw and motorola making og like phones for other carriers like sprint.

Im disgusted with verizons attempts to take the things that make android android away. If there was a good prepaid lte service I'd be gone in a heartbeat

When you watch this [video=youtube;oV1z6AvPlbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV1z6AvPlbY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video] why would you want anything else lol. This phone is sweet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Well as nice as it'd be to have unlocked boot loaders around the table you know that'll never happen right? I mean just look at the developer versions of the Razr line. They are all full price phones not on contract. And you have to buy them directly from Motorola. Verizon (or any of the "big four" four that matter) would never sell phones with unlocked boot loaders in their stores. Buying a developer version is like buying a pre-rooted phone that just happens to work on verizon's network. Verizon doesn't insure those devices and I'm not sure Motorola even has much in the way protection plans that offer more than a basic manufacturer's warranty. Plus I'm sure they don't guarantee anything that has been rooted.

It's nice to say, "yeah they should make all of them have unlocked boot loaders" but being realistic? It'll never happen.

From my Eris (rooted 2.1) using Droid Forums

Last edited:
I just have a feeling that the note 2 will have some considerable issues when it comes out... I hope I'm wrong, but with all that innovation, there's bound to be some hiccups..

ambrown said:
Well as nice as it'd be to have unlocked boot loaders around the table you know that'll never happen right? I mean just look at the developer versions of the Razr line. They are all full price phones not on contract. And you have to buy them directly from Motorola. Verizon (or any of the "big four" four that matter) would never sell phones with unlocked boot loaders in their stores. Buying a developer version is like buying a pre-rooted phone that just happens to work on verizon's network. Verizon doesn't insure those devices and I'm not sure Motorola even has much in the way protection plans that offer more than a basic manufacturer's warranty. Plus I'm sure they don't guarantee anything that has been rooted.

It's nice to say, "yeah they should make all of them have unlocked boot loaders" but being realistic? It'll never happen.

I'm not sure where your getting your information. Verizon sells phones with unlocked bootloader, Galaxy Nexus. And when you mention other carriers, they all sell unlocked boot loader phones. When it just gets evil is when Verizon is the only carrier in the world to sell the GS3 with a locked boot loader.

But like I posted on another thread I really don't care anymore. My bionic is locked but the awesome devs have still managed to get us custom kernels And overclocking. Plus when you get a 1.6 quad core with 2gb of Ram and JB based I don't see why I would need an unlocked bootloader. The Bionic just got JB ROMs and I can't believe how smooth and well they run. officially we haven't even gotten ICS yet lol. Its not an issue to me anymore, and definitely not worth leaving the best coverage around. I was just at my friend house this week one has T-Mobile and the other has AT&T. They have basement apartment to they actually need to put their phones near the top windows or go outside to get a call, definitely no data. I'm sitting j. The basement strong 4g signal downloading my app update :)

Sorry for the rambling post lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using the Droid Forums App

I see where you're coming from on that. And I wasn't aware verizon was selling any phones with unlocked boot loaders...but then I don't pay much attention to that as I haven't felt strongly about having a phone with an unlocked boot loader. Though I have considered using a custom ROM, and it'd be a lot easier with the boot loader pre-unlocked for me.

Still, verizon doesn't like unlocked boot loaders, and neither do the other carriers. I'm pretty sure I read something about the developer edition of the Razr M not being directly supported by verizon...but I guess I could be wrong. However, the only place I've seen the developer edition for sale is on Motorola's site. And I would still say all the Razr phones getting their boot loaders unlocked is a very long shot that doesn't seem likely. Heck, I'd be a little shocked if Verizon straight up sold the developer edition at all.

Edit: Actually after a little bit of research I found out that Verizon DOES NOT currently offer any phones with an unlocked bootloader. The closest to that is the developer editions of a few smartphones, and even then they don't come pre-unlocked but are (key word) "unlockable". Vaguely implying that the end user will still have to unlock the bootloader on even the developer editions. And these versions are offered by the OEM, not by Verizon directly. Just to be clear here are two links to information about the developer editions I found out about:

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19736_7-57469880-251/new-verizon-samsung-galaxy-s3-has-unlocking-bootloader/

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/DROID-RAZR-HD-DEVELOPER-EDITION-BY-MOTOROLA/m-DROID-RAZR-HD-DE,en_US,pd.html

Now both of those links are vague about the whole process of unlocking bootloaders but essentially Motorola, Samsung, and HTC (and possibly others) have "unlocking tools" that offer a legit way to unlock the bootloader from the OEM. But even then they make it painfully aware that neither they, nor the carrier is responsible for bricked phones and/or other damage and that you agree to sole responsibility for unlocking your bootloader, and even tell you straight up that it will likely void your warranty in some cases. Now there are other non-OEM sanctioned unlocking tools and hacks but they will definitely void your warranty.

Just for the sake of info heres another article about unlocking the bootloader on your phone and Verizon's clear stance on the issue:

http://www.extremetech.com/computin...tloader-and-why-does-verizon-want-them-locked

Last edited:
94lt1 said:
I just have a feeling that the note 2 will have some considerable issues when it comes out... I hope I'm wrong, but with all that innovation, there's bound to be some hiccups..

Idk man its lookin pretty sweet. I've seen several demo videos of people reviewing this phone doing all the things that the video showed but you could be right. My only issue I can see maybe is if the devs cant port the s-pen functions in a rom then I'll never want to change Roms.

That seems like a lot to port and work properly. Idk much about the Note 1, I know its got a lot of love is all.

Have you seen the insane quadrant standard scores the note 2 got? It scored almost 6700.

drew96dawg said:
Have you seen the insane quadrant standard scores the note 2 got? It scored almost 6700.

OMG wow, no I didn't see that, I know the S3 was whipping on the Nexus 7 so the Note 2 should be able to hold its own for a good while.

OMG wow, no I didn't see that, I know the S3 was whipping on the Nexus 7 so the Note 2 should be able to hold its own for a good while.

Im sure if you put a better rom on it and maybe overclock it a bit it could hit 10000 easily

Like it being big as hell :p

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Lmao it is huge, that's my only thing if I get it, after having it u won't wanna go anything smaller in screen size, everything will look like a iPhone haha.

Back