Droid Turbo First Impressions

And for wireless charging.. On the maxx... You had to line up the coil near the top of the phone.. On the turbo it's down near the lower half, that you line up the coils.. Get a tylt qi charger.. The ghost is hard to handle with this phone

Been putting this beast through its paces and so far so good... Holding up admirably actually. Been browsing, reading ebooks, using Tapatalk and gmail... Gotta test out YouTube later. Not gonna play any games on this for awhile but may download some of my movies to watch. So far loving this phone. The design, the build quality, the speed, the resolution. All great!

Sent via Tapatalk on my Droid Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...

So far I love mine. There is no mistaking that it is a Motorola device. Built like a tank. I like the Moto X but it just never felt like a Moto. Phone is snappy. Signal is strong. Camera is great for a Moto device but not up to par with my G2. I'll get used to it. Gonna miss some of the nice UI features of the G2. But I will find workarounds. Already have my screen set off with the knock-off style.

The only thing I do not like is the bottom edge is a little sharp. So the way I hold my phone it is a little uncomfortable on my pinky. Hopefully there will be some good choices for TPU cases in the near future.

All in all I am glad to be back on VZW and to have a Moto device. Happy days!!!

I really wanted to like it but ended up returning for a note 4. My issues with it were probably fixable through future updates but did not want to risk waiting.

Call quality was only fair with lots of glitches in words during conversations. Speaker sounded cheap tinny. Caller did not sound natural to me.

Camera was too slow for snapshot type pictures.

Display was not bright enough for my taste. Marginal to poor readability in outdoor conditions.

This is my first Moto phone and I must say, this thing nice. Now I see why everybody talks about Moto's build quality and radios. When I had my Note 3, I could get probably 2 bars of 3G but with this phone I actually get 4G. :)

This is my second Motorola phone I've had besides having a terrible fiasco when I had the droid krazer from Verizon and while I've been through a few different ones such as Samsung, Kyocera and BlackBerry to name a few I'd have to say overall my experience with ease of use and the ability to lose it easily is great. I've lost the phone a few different times but not as many times as when I used to have an s4 mini. Love the fact that to use the camera I can twist my wrist instead of using the phone to find the camera app

I sort of want to take off my VZW screen protector because I'm concerned how it may affect some of the attentive sensors....but there's just too much win with the anti-smudge/anti-glare protectors - 4 months now and still not even the slightest flaw on my screen protector

I've had the Verizon Tempered Glass screen protector on my Turbo since the day I got the phone on release day. No complaints what so ever.

I'd love to get the version glass; however, no beveled edges negates that possibility

I sort of want to take off my VZW screen protector because I'm concerned how it may affect some of the attentive sensors....but there's just too much win with the anti-smudge/anti-glare protectors - 4 months now and still not even the slightest flaw on my screen protector
If the screen protector is properly designed it will have round cutouts at both bottom corners, the top right corner, and a large area across the top middle including a rounded cutout on the left end of that area as well.

There may also be tiny cutouts just below the left and right capacitive buttons where the microphones are at the edge of the bezel and glass joint on the bottom. As long as at least the other cutouts exist it should perform fine.

Last edited:
Back