Federal Ban on All Cell Phone Use While Driving Proposed For US

Btw, what the fed will do is cut highway funds to states who don't play ball. That's what they do.

Some of you folks may be old enough to remember the "national" speed limit of 55 mph.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

That's what they did in 1984 to get states to raise their drinking age to 21.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

Btw, what the fed will do is cut highway funds to states who don't play ball. That's what they do.

Some of you folks may be old enough to remember the "national" speed limit of 55 mph.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

55 saves lives .

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano

Actually the purpose of the 55 speed limit was more because there was a severe gas shortage/crisis than to save lives. But they used the save lives argument to help support the idea. Guess now I'm dating myself, lol!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

Actually the purpose of the 55 speed limit was more because there was a severe gas shortage/crisis than to save lives. But they used the save lives argument to help support the idea. Guess now I'm dating myself, lol!

this is true... my area still has that 55 "recommendation" lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I was quoting the public service ad but yes they found it to be the most fuel efficient highway speed and still get anywhere. I'm dating myself now by saying Gallagher, before sledgomatic, used to make fun of it by saying "you're not going fast enough to feel like you're going fast but are going fast enough to kill yourself"

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

There probably won't be a federal ban on it. There will be extra highway funding for states that ban it. It worked for the MLDA 21 back in 1984 and would work for a texting ban now.

There probably won't be a federal ban on it. There will be extra highway funding for states that ban it. It worked for the MLDA 21 back in 1984 and would work for a texting ban now.

Without getting political I just don't see it happening in a federal level at this or any time in the near future. I look at seatbelt laws as the example. It'll be a state by state ban or some sort of regulation, which is really how it ought to be to keep federal strings from being attached to federal laws. This country is too diverse to do the one size fits all regulations in many cases. Let the people decide at the ballot box on a state level.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

I agree mountainbiker... it will be a long long time before it ever makes it to a federal level and most likely not at all. Most states are taking care of it on their own.

I agree mountainbiker... it will be a long long time before it ever makes it to a federal level and most likely not at all. Most states are taking care of it on their own.

What about states, such as Florida, that are not?

Let them deal with the consequences on their own.

If people adhere to it. It's illegal in MI, but I always see phones in people's hands behind the wheel.

silverfang77 said:
If people adhere to it. It's illegal in MI, but I always see phones in people's hands behind the wheel.

I only use speakerphone in a holder.

Back