First pics of the Droid Turbo?

In black this is one ugly phone, but I plan to get it anyway after hearing about the massive battery, sure hope that red is available day one...

In black this is one ugly phone, but I plan to get it anyway after hearing about the massive battery, sure hope that red is available day one...
I hope hope hope that due to competition there are deals at launch. The droid maxx was 299. But there were ways around that like coupons and moto trade up. Hope Motorola comes back with trade up.

I hope hope hope that due to competition there are deals at launch. The droid maxx was 299. But there were ways around that like coupons and moto trade up. Hope Motorola comes back with trade up.

Wait two weeks and buy it on Amazon. Done deal.

Wait two weeks and buy it on Amazon. Done deal.
Hoping to get it at best buy since they had a gift card promo $50 each upgrade. Plus have 2 to use. And want to keep unlimited. I'm doubting their ship to home won't have it for some time. May end up selling my g3 and droid maxx and paying retail or buy used. But I only will proceed with sunshine root...

10min ago was the first time I've signed in to the forum in months, I don't even know what the sunshine root is, lol.

Hoping to get it at best buy since they had a gift card promo $50 each upgrade. Plus have 2 to use. And want to keep unlimited. I'm doubting their ship to home won't have it for some time. May end up selling my g3 and droid maxx and paying retail or buy used. But I only will proceed with sunshine root...

WOW...I hadn't considered that concept. I have a MAXX on the Edge program, paying $20/month. Only have 12 months to go. I could sell the MAXX now, get a few hundred for it, then use that to buy the Turbo. HMMM.... Have to figure out how to swing the rest of the cost, gift cards? Any other ideas?

I was told that if I used the Edge program to upgrade, the new Turbo would be billed out at 20 months instead of the old 24 months, and depending on the offering price it could be anywhere between $25 - $35/month. That would be a $5 - $15/month increase to what I'm paying now, but it may still be worth it.

Strange thing is the Galaxy S5 is $25 per month on Edge but retails for $599.99, whereas the iPhone 6, 64GB is $34.99/ month and its price is $749.99. So the Edge is charging $200 more for a phone that's $150 more off the shelf.

10min ago was the first time I've signed in to the forum in months, I don't even know what the sunshine root is, lol.
Well, it's good to have you back. We need some more big butts around here!! LOL! We missed your caboose! :D

Sunshine is tool developed for moto X 2nd Gen.
WOW...I hadn't considered that concept. I have a MAXX on the Edge program, paying $20/month. Only have 12 months to go. I could sell the MAXX now, get a few hundred for it, then use that to buy the Turbo. HMMM.... Have to figure out how to swing the rest of the cost, gift cards? Any other ideas?

I was told that if I used the Edge program to upgrade, the new Turbo would be billed out at 20 months instead of the old 24 months, and depending on the offering price it could be anywhere between $25 - $35/month. That would be a $5 - $15/month increase to what I'm paying now, but it may still be worth it.

Strange thing is the Galaxy S5 is $25 per month on Edge but retails for $599.99, whereas the iPhone 6, 64GB is $34.99/ month and its price is $749.99. So the Edge is charging $200 more for a phone that's $150 more off the shelf.
Honestly. I'm not sure if you can even sell a device until it's paid for. Maybe?

Since you're not on unlimited and paying extra each month, I'd suggest you just see if you can edge up early. Find out how their trade in works.

If you can buy out your current droid maxx to own it, and it's less than 175, you'll wanna consider selling it.

New 16gb droid maxx sells for 200 quite often. They've really lost their value. Even the 32gb doesn't sell for much unless it's unlocked, new, or a dev edition. Assuming you have the 32,so that's good.

I think when we look at the history of droids the upgrades have mostly been incremental. The droid 2 wasn't vastly different than the og. D2g same thing. Droid 3 at least was a larger display. The razr maxx to razr maxx hd felt more improved but we lost lapdock.

The razr maxx hd to droid maxx gave me the same screen on time but added active notifications and assist plus gestures.

I think for those who didn't take the plunge to the droid maxx for whatever reason and upgrade to the turbo will be very blown away!

I really hope for the sake of its reputation the camera pleases more people. I never had any issues with my droid maxx camera. But it sure seemed faster getting pics to wrist flick than to long press volume down on my g3!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Sunshine is tool developed for moto X 2nd Gen.

Honestly. I'm not sure if you can even sell a device until it's paid for. Maybe?

Since you're not on unlimited and paying extra each month, I'd suggest you just see if you can edge up early. Find out how their trade in works.

If you can buy out your current droid maxx to own it, and it's less than 175, you'll wanna consider selling it.

New 16gb droid maxx sells for 200 quite often. They've really lost their value. Even the 32gb doesn't sell for much unless it's unlocked, new, or a dev edition. Assuming you have the 32,so that's good.

I think when we look at the history of droids the upgrades have mostly been incremental. The droid 2 wasn't vastly different than the og. D2g same thing. Droid 3 at least was a larger display. The razr maxx to razr maxx hd felt more improved but we lost lapdock.

The razr maxx hd to droid maxx gave me the same screen on time but added active notifications and assist plus gestures.

I think for those who didn't take the plunge to the droid maxx for whatever reason and upgrade to the turbo will be very blown away!

I really hope for the sake of its reputation the camera pleases more people. I never had any issues with my droid maxx camera. But it sure seemed faster getting pics to wrist flick than to long press volume down on my g3!

I agree with what you said. There's only one thing that needs clarification...I am on unlimited. I have three lines. Two are unlimited with Droid MAXX's and one is a dumb phone. It's the dumb phone line that I used to Edge up last time to a Droid MAXX for one of the lines and bought the other one outright.

I'll use the dumb line this time to Edge up again. I will keep the unlimited on two lines and just move the new Turbo from the dumb line over to the unlimited line like last time.

You're right, I can't sell the current Droid MAXX which I got on the Edge plan. I'll have to turn that one in. I can't sell the other one either because that's being used as well.

I think you are able to get the phone and switch it to the unlimited line but you keep data on the other line now ..

M8 tap'd

I thought Verizon put the kibosh on that a few months ago where you couldn't flip a new device from a dumb line to unlimited? (See end of op here) BREAKING Verizon Closing Major Loophole For Legacy Plan Users Today Android Forums at DroidForums.net
Or does this workaround still work because of the Edge plan?

tap'n on my S5
Ii was told by a technician last night that you have to activate it with the other line first to lock the upgrade to that line. Then you can move it to the unlimited line. Then you reactivate the dumb phone on the Edge line. Once moved you can call in and have the data plan removed from the dumb line.
I think you are able to get the phone and switch it to the unlimited line but you keep data on the other line now ..

M8 tap'd

Last edited:
Reactions: cr6
Ii was told by a technician lat night that you have to activate it with the other line first to lock the upgrade to that line. Then you can move it to the unlimited line. Then you reactivate the dumb phone on the Edge line. Once moved you can call in and have the data plan removed from the dumb line.
Yes, but after August 24th 2014 any smartphone that's activated on Verizon on a feature phone line must have a mandatory data package of 30 a month for 2 years

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not what I was told. I'll be doing this in the coming weeks when the Turbo becomes available so we'll see.

Well my remark was for a 2 year contract. No contract when you edge.

Maybe there is a way around. Why not just try the best buy unlimited loophole?

Back