First pics of the Droid Turbo?

Good luck Fox...I hope you're able to get it done...from reports I've read and heard it was mandatory to keep data on dumb line

M8 tap'd

Good luck Fox...I hope you're able to get it done...from reports I've read and heard it was mandatory to keep data on dumb line

M8 tap'd
Right. But he's not doing an alternate upgrade though. I never saw any edge revisions other than no unlimited.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Well, it's good to have you back. We need some more big butts around here!! LOL! We missed your caboose! :D

Nice to see you too Fox. Glad to see you still have no flipping idea what phone to go with from one week to the next. =-P

I'm still rocking my G2 but the digitizer is failing and I'm losing portions of my touch screen, still have unlimited but this one is looking really good. Basically waiting for reviews of the camera to take the plunge. Moto has always been meh on that front despite the best radio's on the market (though my G2 gets better reception than my Bionic did).

Well my remark was for a 2 year contract. No contract when you edge.

Maybe there is a way around. Why not just try the best buy unlimited loophole?

That would require me paying full price for it. With Edge I pay a small monthly fee and can still upgrade next year with no out of pocket.

M8 tap'd
Yeah, I heard that too but I've gotten so much done with Verizon over the last 20 years that others can't believe. I'll report back once I give it a whirl.

That would require me paying full price for it. With Edge I pay a small monthly fee and can still upgrade next year with no out of pocket.
If you have unlimited data, there are still loopholes to upgrade and keep unlimited. Risky but they do work.

What's your current account scenario?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see you too Fox. Glad to see you still have no flipping idea what phone to go with from one week to the next. =-P

I'm still rocking my G2 but the digitizer is failing and I'm losing portions of my touch screen, still have unlimited but this one is looking really good. Basically waiting for reviews of the camera to take the plunge. Moto has always been meh on that front despite the best radio's on the market (though my G2 gets better reception than my Bionic did).

Lol. No flipping idea until the Turbo manual leak.

As for the camera, I really don't care if the camera isn't better than the one on my MAXX. Frankly I am not using my phone to take professional portraits, do wedding photography, produce an indi short film or to win any prizes in National Geographic so the images the MAXX produces is really good enough for me.

The radios in the Motorola phones are the one to beat and I've not yet come across a phone that does. YRMV

If you have unlimited data, there are still loopholes to upgrade and keep unlimited. Risky but they do work.

What's your current account scenario?

Family plan, 1400 minutes shared, the two lines with smart phones are unlimited, one with dumb phone. Plan is out of contract. The two smart phones are both eligible for upgrades but I'd lose unlimited. The dumb phone is the one I Edged up on last year. That's the one I'm eligible for again the anniversary which is this month's bill.

I won't dump family plan because I'll lose friends and family. It keeps me from using lots more minutes.

Family plan, 1400 minutes shared, the two lines with smart phones are unlimited, one with dumb phone. Plan is out of contract. The two smart phones are both eligible for upgrades but I'd lose unlimited. The dumb phone is the one I Edged up on last year. That's the one I'm eligible for again the anniversary which is this month's bill.

I won't dump family plan because I'll lose friends and family. It keeps me from using lots more minutes.
Heck yeah buddy! I have the exact same plan unlimited calling to 10 people and unlimited calling the Verizon numbers. And unlimited texting. We have two lines with unlimited that are both eligible for upgrade three feature phones and two of them are under agreement. You need to research Best Buy Verizon unlimited loophole on slickdeals howardforums etc. I'm not sure how quickly Best Buy will have the Droid turbo for sale, but you and I will both want to wait until after it's released to make sure that it will have root for unlimited hotspot. Which it should thanks to moto X 2nd Gen sunshine root by jcase being developed.

Basically all you do is place the order from Best Buy have the phone shipped to your house don't power it on and switch the SIM card and wait for a pending activation to drop off on your account.

The only reason I have a g3 right now is I did one last legit alternate upgrade on August 23rd. I ended up getting a $50 gift card got the phone completely free. Not a bad deal to get something I can resell plus gain $15

Heck yeah buddy! I have the exact same plan unlimited calling to 10 people and unlimited calling the Verizon numbers. And unlimited texting. We have two lines with unlimited that are both eligible for upgrade three feature phones and two of them are under agreement. You need to research Best Buy Verizon unlimited loophole on slickdeals howardforums etc. I'm not sure how quickly Best Buy will have the Droid turbo for sale, but you and I will both want to wait until after it's released to make sure that it will have root for unlimited hotspot. Which it should thanks to moto X 2nd Gen sunshine root by jcase being developed.

Basically all you do is place the order from Best Buy have the phone shipped to your house don't power it on and switch the SIM card and wait for a pending activation to drop off on your account.

The only reason I have a g3 right now is I did one last legit alternate upgrade on August 23rd. I ended up getting a $50 gift card got the phone completely free. Not a bad deal to get something I can resell plus gain $15

Have to research that Best Buy plan but it still means paying full price for the phone, or at least a subsidized price, correct? Edge let's me go on just paying the monthly small fee.

I don't have unlimited texting. I pay 5/month for just 250 on my phone, the only one that texts and that's plenty for me.

Have to research that Best Buy plan but it still means paying full price for the phone, or at least a subsidized price, correct? Edge let's me go on just paying the monthly small fee.

I don't have unlimited texting. I pay 5/month for just 250 on my phone, the only one that texts and that's plenty for me.
You pay a subsidized price. I bet when they do have the turbo it will be 149 or so.

Best buy does have a payment plan.

I would just use a credit card if the 200 ish is to big of a hit. You're paying 25x12 which is 300 a year. This would be fine if you were on a share plan and they gave you a monthly discount for using edge.

Idk. It's risky to upgrade with unlimited. But you have two weeks to cancel. Your best bet is to sell droid maxx on swappa.com and buy a good condition turbo there too.

9381e4a161ca521f3056a88361b95ed2.jpg
Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo teaser looks ravishing in red Android Central

Welp, the red certainly is gorgeous but if you get a protective case for it
it would be covered. Unless of course the case is that color. :-D

They'll make a reveal case that showcases the back I bet you they did that with the Droid Maxx even

I'm with you 100%, however I don't use a case and haven't on any of my phones. I've only ever dropped one phone once... My Moto X. Dumb luck would have it that the screen for shattered.

I might go for the Reveal case jfriend33 mentioned though. Would hate to lose the Turbo.

Last edited:
but you and I will both want to wait until after it's released to make sure that it will have root for unlimited hotspot. Which it should thanks to moto X 2nd Gen sunshine root by jcase being developed.
Hey jf just an FYI: you no longer need to be rooted in order for your hotspot to work as long as you use the FoxFi app. Foxfi has been updated to work on many more devices than it used to. I wasn't sure if you were aware of that so just thought I'd throw it out there.

S5 tap'n

Back