Former Iphone Users

lol. is iPhone coming to verizon anyway after all this? when AT&T contract ends i mean
God forbade! It will be the saddest day for Android and Doomsday is fast approaching! Scary thought! Droiiiiiddddddddddd...fullllll :mad:
Talking about apple's "CONTROL" ? Please, please, Verizon,think twice!!
I'll be praying and pleading for you US.droidiacs.brothers and sisters. :greendroid:

ty lol, wonder if apple's gonna release something to kill the droid though =\

They will need to do something... they have lost their negotiating advantage.....
Before, Verizon was crawling to Apple and Apple gave the cold shoulder dragging thier feet.. now its the other way around... Verizon has little motivation to snuggle up to Apple after not striking a deal the first time..... Now they are in bed with another lover.

Unless Apple does something dramatic, they may be left out in the cold.
Hope so! Verizon please have some pride!

altjx i have been in the same boat. My upgrade with new every 2 is january 5th so Im going to be getting the Droid. I love the ipod touch so I was wondering if I should wait for the chance of an Iphone or not. I have also seen some articles about if iphone does come to verizon its a good chance it would be on the new 4g network which I believe doesnt come out for verizon till next holidays or 2011. If that is the case you should deffinately get the droid now and by then you will be close to your new upgrade. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/8652-former-iphone-users.html

Last edited:
oops. I fixed it but I realized I had given you a link to this same thread. I got lost in the conversation and was thinking this was a different thread we were in. My bad.

I dont know if there is another thread or not. I thought we were in a different thread talking about the droid and iphone so I was giving you a link to former iphone users which is this thread. Total brain fart. Let me know what you end up doing. From what I have seen and read I dont think you would be disappointed at all if you went with the droid. Im about 95% sure im going to get the droid on jan 5th.

oh, lmao. you have AIM or yahoo? feel free to IM me. it's a real hard decision too.

AIM: white hat alt
Yahoo: white_hat_alt

thanks all the former iphone users. You have really helped me lean to the droid. Feel free to add anything else if any other iphoners read this. Its been really helpful

Prior to buying my DROID, I owned all three versions of the iPhone.​

My biggest reasons for leaving the iPhone/AT&T were:​

1. AT&T's abysmal service here in Las Vegas/Centennial Hills​

2. The iPhone's (3G/3GS) horrendous battery autonomy​

3. No user-replaceable battery for when the battery did go dead​

4. The hideously boring Romper-Room-inspired GUI with its archaic 320 x 480 screen resolution​

5. The poor-middling audio/call quality​

6. The tyrannical manner in which the Apps Store is managed.​

Buying a DROID eliminated each and every one of those concerns​
My hat off to you,(good observation) another person shared same the sentiment as i do.
I've been arguing with a few people on this site and the android forum site for 2 weeks now about the same topic. It has nothing to do with iphone bashing.
I liked the 2 iphone 3Gs i bought and I just don't like their business practice.It's always been about "Control" never about the customers. I called it Steve ways or NO way.
Why do I bought the two iphones then,it because of the jailbreak, that's why? freedom of CUSTOMIZITION.= choices
Now,that the Droid is able to give me a better,much better choices I am selling my 2 iphone 3Gs.to do what I want with my new phone. So many functionality. It's good to be free.
I hope apple don't charge $200.00(apple have the discretion, you now) just to replace battery ($110 now and 1 week) I am glad my iphones will be sold to some unlucky owners by then.

@ AUTONOMY:< immunity from arbitrary exercise of authority.

you're lucky dude, you have 2 iPhones. i'm trying to sell mines now, lol/

I have never owned an iPhone, but I am a Sys Admin who has to work with them at work. My boss and his spoiled, bratty son have the iPhone and I have to constantly baby their phones to work with Exchange. On one phone, I constantly have to reset the network settings on it to get it to start receiving email again. And I almost lost my job because of the son's phone. He went and told Daddy bossman that I had tampered with his email so it wouldn't go to his iPhone anymore, so the boss accused me of purposely messing with his son's phone because I don't like him. Turns out, the iPhone decided it didn't want to receive email anymore because I had renewed the certificate on the email server. Yikes! And on top of that, if I have to remind both of them one more time that they aren't receiving emails because wifi is turned on, I'm going to scream! Don't know why their iPhones can't get email over wifi and my Droid can...Needless to say, I never thought when I was hired I was basically going to be a freakin' iPhone tech.

Love my Droid and don't hesitate to laugh at them when they go out of town and drop calls and their email stops working...

Back