Former Iphone Users

Im not a iPhone user per se, but i was using a dumb phone and carrying an iPod Touch around with me everywhere. Its nice to be able to use apps without requiring wifi.

I do have to say, while i love the droid, the only thing i wish was a little better is the software keyboard. i dont have any real issues with it, but as some have stated, the multi-touch keyboard is nice as i can type with 2 fingers instead of just 1 like on the droid.

the good news, the droid does have multi-touch support... now we just need someone to write the keyboard app for it

so, who wants to write the iKeyboard app?

lastboyscout you sound just like me. A stupid phone and I am always on the ipod touch. I just got done reading a thread on the htc keypad installed on the droid. It seems like a lot of people like this. You should try it out. I think it was in the one "can I master this keyboard, have you?" Read through it and see what you think. So how do you like surfing the web on your droid compared to the touch?

Well, I went ahead sold my iPhone 2 days ago. I just got my droid!!! i LOVE IT! idc about the iphone anymore, apple can come out with whatever they want, im sticking with verizon. verizon website is nice as hell, they txt u ur bills and stuff, thats amazing. and on top of that, the droid is really nice. it has a few bugs obviously cause its new, but its wonderful! the droid even fits in ur hand better than the iPhone as its not all huge and round. and i love the notification sounds, "droiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!" like off the commercial, lol.

I gave up my Iphone best move I ever made. Is the Iphone better yes but the difference is so small. Plus the service on AT&T sucked and the number one job of a phone is to make calls. The battery is much better the only difference is not having Itunes. I love apple but hate the network. The Droid has everything you need plus a great network. Its all good sombody has caught up to Apple competition is good for all of us.

yea, personally though, i much rather the droid way of syncing things. i love to drag and drop rather than let iTunes run and sync, takes longer. honestly, my battery seemed to be extremely good yesterday. i used the GPS for about an hour and was texting back and forward, and from like 6-10PM my battery was only at 40% after all of this. it lets u see what takes up the most battery usage too so thats pretty cool

I gave up my Iphone best move I ever made. Is the Iphone better yes but the difference is so small. Plus the service on AT&T sucked and the number one job of a phone is to make calls. The battery is much better the only difference is not having Itunes. I love apple but hate the network. The Droid has everything you need plus a great network. Its all good sombody has caught up to Apple competition is good for all of us.

I disagree completely with the bolded part. I owned an iphone for two years, and I love everything about the droid better.

Prior to buying my DROID, I owned all three versions of the iPhone.

My biggest reasons for leaving the iPhone/AT&T were:

1. AT&T's abysmal service here in Las Vegas/Centennial Hills

2. The iPhone's (3G/3GS) horrendous battery autonomy

3. No user-replaceable battery for when the battery did go dead

4. The hideously boring Romper-Room-inspired GUI with its archaic 320 x 480 screen resolution

5. The poor-middling audio/call quality

6. The tyrannical manner in which the Apps Store is managed.

Buying a DROID eliminated each and every one of those concerns​

Are you STILL centering your text? It's annoying to read and looks like an advertisement. I'm starting to think you just like being an irritant of people's retinas.

Well, I went ahead sold my iPhone 2 days ago. I just got my droid!!! i LOVE IT! idc about the iphone anymore, apple can come out with whatever they want, im sticking with verizon. verizon website is nice as hell, they txt u ur bills and stuff, thats amazing. and on top of that, the droid is really nice. it has a few bugs obviously cause its new, but its wonderful! the droid even fits in ur hand better than the iPhone as its not all huge and round. and i love the notification sounds, "droiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid!" like off the commercial, lol.
You're the lucky one and I've 2iphone 3Gs to get rid of.The ebay are flooded with iphones and the iphone users are getting rid of them too, to get the Android.

ebay is so useless for me. nothing sells there. too many people. i used craigslist.

ebay is so useless for me. nothing sells there. too many people. i used craigslist.

Nothing sells there? Seriously?

You just have to know how to sell on there. I've been selling on there for 10 years..I recently just got $530 for my used 16gb 3gs...I kept getting lowball offers from craigslist.

craigslist > ebay. you'll get much more contact from craigslist. and yes i said its useless because if ur new to it, u basically have to go through hell selling things. i've had an old computer on ebay for $175 bid for 2 weeks straight, not 1 bid. i posted it on craigslist and sold it the same day. same thing happened with my iPhone, except my iphone was on there for a few days

craigslist > ebay. you'll get much more contact from craigslist. and yes i said its useless because if ur new to it, u basically have to go through hell selling things. i've had an old computer on ebay for $175 bid for 2 weeks straight, not 1 bid. i posted it on craigslist and sold it the same day. same thing happened with my iPhone, except my iphone was on there for a few days

I don't know what you're doing wrong, but I put everything up on ebay with 1 day auctions and I always get more than I expected.

lol, well i've never sold on ebay, i tried to get started but i never got a bid ever on anything i've put up, i just gave up.

My iPhone 3g sold for $250 on Ebay in less than 30 seconds of posting it up there (no Joke). I posted it and was about to go back and change the heading when I saw was already sold. And it had a crack on the cover as well (I posted pictures detailing the crack).

Back