FoxFi Works On Verizon Again!

The discussion started out about speculation why FoxFi was not working and whether it was Verizon or other reasons that it wasn't working. No one was indignant, surprised, angry...maybe disappointed and contemplating whether this was finally the end. The only one seeing to be angry or indignant is you and then others response to you. It was merely a discussion as to what might really be happening. Whether you are able to pay your $350 bill by working a few hours is irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Like the member who filed a complaint with the FCC against vzw over this, who obviously never actually read the law? ;-)

The part about affording the bill was in reference to the post that I must be angry because I am jealous. Clearly I am not. Did you just skip to the end? Everything I have said after the first post was a response to someone. Not just blurting things out.

I have to agree with TisMyDroid. I do not see ANY posts from anyone that seemed to infer "I need it". " I deserve it" "I have to have it" or anything remotely like that. Just a few people wondering why the app stopped working, that was all. Then the "you are stealing" type posts started. Those posts are what derailed this discussion.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What was your complaint? That VZW said that you couldn't violate the terms of your contract? LOL

Like the member who filed a complaint with the FCC against vzw over this, who obviously never actually read the law? ;-)

Everything I have said after the first post was a response to someone. Not just blurting things out.
Doesn't seem to be the case does it?.. You derailed this thread as quoted above. Now you're complaining about seeing this topic every week. I suggest you stick to the topic or move on...

Doesn't seem to be the case does it?.. You derailed this thread as quoted above. Now you're complaining about seeing this topic every week. I suggest you stick to the topic or move on...

It is the case. One guy filed a complaint with the FCC on 11/23 concerning this issue and you defended him, while I pointed out that your understanding of the law was incorrect, and I gave you the link proving it. VZW is not violating their contract, the law clearly states that they do not have to allow free tethering on UDP. If they wish to allow it, they can charge a fee for it on top of the data plan fee itself. The only area that they have to allow free tethering, is on tiered plans, which obviously doesn't apply to these people if they are having to resort to FoxFi.

The only reason to use FoxFi instead of the built in app, is if you are trying to tether on a UDP plan, which is a violation of your contract. I don't care if you do it. But stop pretending like you are owed it, or at the very least, pretending that it isn't stealing.

Going to the FCC over this, is no different than going to the cops because the guy at Best Buy caught you shoplifting and made you stop...

It is the case. One guy filed a complaint with the FCC on 11/23 concerning this issue and you defended him, while I pointed out that your understanding of the law was incorrect, and I gave you the link proving it. VZW is not violating their contract, the law clearly states that they do not have to allow free tethering on UDP. If they wish to allow it, they can charge a fee for it on top of the data plan fee itself. The only area that they have to allow free tethering, is on tiered plans, which obviously doesn't apply to these people if they are having to resort to FoxFi.

The only reason to use FoxFi instead of the built in app, is if you are trying to tether on a UDP plan, which is a violation of your contract. I don't care if you do it. But stop pretending like you are owed it, or at the very least, pretending that it isn't stealing.

Going to the FCC over this, is no different than going to the cops because the guy at Best Buy caught you shoplifting and made you stop...
This thread is about an App that was not performing properly until you turned it into contract violations [your post #19] and stealing data. I advised you once to stay on topic as this thread is not about potential contract violations.

I'm giving you fair warning, stay on topic as you're messing with the wrong guy.

So you are intentionally
This thread is about an App that was not performing properly until you turned it into contract violations [your post #19] and stealing data. I advised you once to stay on topic as this thread is not about potential contract violations.

I'm giving you fair warning, stay on topic as you're messing with the wrong guy.

So you are intentionally ignoring the part where you claimed that nobody was saying that they are entitled to free tethering, I point out that what prompted me to respond was the guy filing an FCC complaint and the guy tethering his PS4 to the phone, you chimed in claiming VZW was the one in violation, at which point I proved that you were wrong and never read the law....

You are just ignoring that, and instead going to play the "I am the tough mod guy, stop disagreeing with me or you will be sorry card"?

Really?

So you are intentionally

So you are intentionally ignoring the part where you claimed that nobody was saying that they are entitled to free tethering, I point out that what prompted me to respond was the guy filing an FCC complaint and the guy tethering his PS4 to the phone, you chimed in claiming VZW was the one in violation, at which point I proved that you were wrong and never read the law....

You are just ignoring that, and instead going to play the "I am the tough mod guy, stop disagreeing with me or you will be sorry card"?

Really?
A member added a BTW, I filed a complaint. You took that as your opportunity to hijack the thread which BTW is in violation of Forum Rules.
The posts you are referring too about PS4 etc, are those that were posted after your post #19.
I don't think any staff member or general member thinks I am a tough MOD guy.
I gave you fair warning.. Follow the rules or you will lose you privledges here at DF.

And that's all that I am saying. It seems that we have at least one of these threads a week, and people keep pretending to either be surprised, or indignant that VZW might cut them off and keep them from continuing to steal from them.

It's not in VZW's best interest to let people have unlimited data and also include tethering for $30 a month, or even $50 a month. If you want to tether and use lots of extra data, especially the people firing up hot spots for their Xbox and use it as a home ISP, which people here do... Expect the gravy train to end at some point, and don't insult the readers by pretending that VZW is doing something wrong when they finally drop the hammer and stop you from stealing services from them...

To the guy that said, "Here in SE Texas, we call that a busy body"...

Granted. Question, what do you guys in SE Texas call taking something that you didn't pay for?

It's not about jealousy. We have a $350 monthly bill, and I will make enough to pay that bill tomorrow when I go to work. Before lunch time. It's not why I am posting this, trust me.

I just hate seeing the same stupid threads each week, and if you guys can continue to be surprised and angry, I can continue to call you guys out on it and tell you to man up...

Cheers...
You cannot add the 30 dollar feature to unlimited data plans that are from before 2011. I have tried for 3 weeks and they finally told me that there's no way to add it. Just so people understand that sometimes some people try to do things "legally" and they can't. They actually told me they added it, then I found out they put me on a 4 gig tiered plan without my consent. I then spent 5 days on the phone with them trying to get my unlimited data back, which I did. And then they tried to add the hotspot feature again and it won't work. I say this just in case there are others who want to add the feature. Be careful.

You cannot add the 30 dollar feature to unlimited data plans that are from before 2011. I have tried for 3 weeks and they finally told me that there's no way to add it. Just so people understand that sometimes some people try to do things "legally" and they can't. They actually told me they added it, then I found out they put me on a 4 gig tiered plan without my consent. I then spent 5 days on the phone with them trying to get my unlimited data back, which I did. And then they tried to add the hotspot feature again and it won't work. I say this just in case there are others who want to add the feature. Be careful.

Out of curiosity, how much data do you use per month on average?

Out of curiosity, how much data do you use per month on average?
My wife uses foxfi to tether her note 3. I cannot use foxfi because my phone is not supported. And how much data I use a month is not what the topic is about. It's about tethering with foxfi. I simply stated that adding the 30 dollar feature will not work for me because I tried.

Im sorry. I shouldn't be a smart butt. I would say that we use anywhere from 30 to 60 gigs a month. We have exceeded 100 gigs before though. We do live in an area where there is one option for internet and it is very expensive and very limited. So we use foxfi to tether because it is reliable and an option. When it's gone, I will of course be upset, but we will move on and find a way to get internet. Foxfi has been a great tool for us. I have used it for years.

Im sorry. I shouldn't be a smart butt. I would say that we use anywhere from 30 to 60 gigs a month. We have exceeded 100 gigs before though. We do live in an area where there is one option for internet and it is very expensive and very limited. So we use foxfi to tether because it is reliable and an option. When it's gone, I will of course be upset, but we will move on and find a way to get internet. Foxfi has been a great tool for us. I have used it for years.
If you're unlimited on vzw..you could pay 30$ per month for unlimited use of hotspot.. It's really snappy on my turbo.. And they say..."its unlimited and there if you need it" . I already had it on my turbo, but added it to my note edge for work since foxfi quit working..now I have no problem using as much as I as I want...I was while on foxi

I only mention it because it's probably cheaper than your local WiFi company and you can connect to as many devices as you want..i wouldn't trying to use a terabyte.. But they themselves say its unlimited..

Last edited:
If you're unlimited on vzw..you could pay 30$ per month for unlimited use of hotspot.. It's really snappy on my turbo.. And they say..."its unlimited and there if you need it" . I already had it on my turbo, but added it to my note edge for work since foxfi quit working..now I have no problem using as much as I as I want...I was while on foxi

I only mention it because it's probably cheaper than your local WiFi company and you can connect to as many devices as you want..i wouldn't trying to use a terabyte.. But they themselves say its unlimited..
See that's where I'm confused. Did this change? I have tried to add the $30 hotspot through at least 7 different reps. None of them could get it to work. They even transferred me to 4 level 2 technicians and even they couldn't get it on there. Is this something that they just started offering udp in the last week or so? I have an UDP from 2008. They told me that if your UDP is before 2011 they cannot add this feature. I was told that by at least 4 of the reps I spoke with. Sorry for all the questions but I have tried to go this route and it won't work. That's why my wife continues to use foxfi. They told me that if there was a third party app I could use with my turbo 2 then I could go that route. There isn't an app that will work so I wanted to be legal and use the tethering services but it will not work...Just confused that's all

See that's where I'm confused. Did this change? I have tried to add the $30 hotspot through at least 7 different reps. None of them could get it to work. They even transferred me to 4 level 2 technicians and even they couldn't get it on there. Is this something that they just started offering udp in the last week or so? I have an UDP from 2008. They told me that if your UDP is before 2011 they cannot add this feature. I was told that by at least 4 of the reps I spoke with. Sorry for all the questions but I have tried to go this route and it won't work. That's why my wife continues to use foxfi. They told me that if there was a third party app I could use with my turbo 2 then I could go that route. There isn't an app that will work so I wanted to be legal and use the tethering services but it will not work...Just confused that's all
I'm not sure...I've been unlimited since way back..I have 4 udp's ..and before I'd call and they'd add a tiered plan 5 gigs for x amount.. Well when i added it to my turbo 2 October's ago..I got unlimited for 29.95 plus tax..when I added it to my note edge, yesterday... I got the same deal..and you're not a bother..we're here to share info about this...hope we can help you out..

Back