Gingerbread plus root from...

Done!

Installed TBH, cost: $2.99.
Installed D2 Bootstrapper, cost: $2.99.

Installed Rooted Gingerbread on my Droid PRO: Priceless.

I second that. Although, how the hell do we unroot? SBF (if an when a GB sbf file becomes available)?

At this point sbf with a non root GB is all you will be able to do.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Done!

I second that. Although, how the hell do we unroot? SBF (if an when a GB sbf file becomes
available)?

Yep... I believe P3 mentioned that you would have to sbf to unroot, which at this point would be to a pre–Gingerbread state until a GB sbf is made available....

Seeing how this will more than likely be the last update that the Pro sees, I don't see any reason to unroot... loving this release so far!

Done!

JW

Did you wipe before installing the GB zips? I didn't, but used to always when loading custom ROMS on my OG Droid...... wondering now if I should have...

Done!

JW

Did you wipe before installing the GB zips? I didn't, but used to always when loading custom ROMS on my OG Droid...... wondering now if I should have...

No, I just did a straight install on top of my current stock.

Done!

JW

The Black Hat rooted update works pretty much like the over the air update. It's designed to be able to install it without a wipe. Hence being called an update. Custom roms completely replace everything, so a wipe is always a good idea. A wipe wouldn't hurt things here (and you might see a slight performance boost from one since it will essentially be a clean install), but it shouldn't be necessary.

I just used the tbh version. Love gingerbread but it seems that some apps/functionalities are doubled now (I see it with titanium backup). For example I have both Contacts 2.2.1 and Contacts 2.3.3.. anybody having the same problem?

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums

Ok thanks. I think I messed up on something.. Tonight or tomorrow i'l try to do everything back from the beginning :)

I believe the thought of not having to wipe before update is correct...was reason I didn't before updating..

Not having any problems..running quite smooth, however I was unsure due to the fact that I don't seem to have a stock launcher now...anyone else seeing this?

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

I believe the thought of not having to wipe before update is correct...was reason I didn't before updating..

Not having any problems..running quite smooth, however I was unsure due to the fact that I don't seem to have a stock launcher now...anyone else seeing this?

No, upon installation I had the new blur dock stock. Obviously now I have switched to ADW, but I do have the stock launcher in system/app.

No, upon installation I had the new blur dock stock. Obviously now I have switched to ADW, but I do have the stock launcher in system/app.

Hmmm...if you go into Settings>Manage Applications and then clear default on ADW, what does it do when you hit the "Home" button? I was expecting to get the box showing ADW and BLur Home as my home choices, but only ADW shows up...I'm showing a "BlurHome.apk" in system/app...is that what you have? thnx!

UPDATE: Okay decided I would just uninstall ADW to see what would happen...uninstalled and now able to use the stock launcher. For some reason it won't give me the option of using it if I have another launcher installed on my Pro....not sure if installing a "home switcher" would give me that option, but as it turns out I do have the Gingerbread launcher....now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

FINAL UPDATE: Okay...home switcher will show stock launcher...so all is well.

Are you talking about stock GB launcher or stock moto launcher?

Is there some download links or something? I can't view anything twitter related at work. Its all blocked. I would also like gingerbread on my Pro but the OTA hasn't shown up yet. Thanks.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

P3Droid has created a Rooted Gingerbread update...you have to download (pay) to get the Team Black Hat (TBH) app and install on your Pro, then download 2 zip files through the app...google Team Black Hat store and you should be able to find..then look for TBH app ($2.99)....you can pay thru Paypal, install TBH app, then using wifi you can see available files for the Droid Pro...Gingerbread is in 2 zip downloadable files...

You then install part 1 then part 2 through CW/Bootstrap recovery...just finished myself...

Since this is rooted GB, you can stay rooted, but my first try to update failed because I didn't have the original music.apk...had luckily renamed to .bak, so I restored and install went fine afterward...
Could you guide through the steps on how do i use the CW/bootstrap recovery to install the part1 and 2 zip files... I need to know what options in CW needs to be selected. and how to go about with it.

Help would be appreciated from anyone...

I contacted the TBH guy a couple of times... but i did not get any reply from him

i downloaded the droid2 bootstrap app from the market

i downloaded the TBH app and installed it.

downloaded rooted GB parts one and two from the TBH app

ran the bootstrap app (you need root, i think.)

booted into recovery via the app

created a backup of my phone.

chose the 'install zip from SD' option (it's something like that. not install update.zip).

chose part 1 of the gingerbread root zips, it ran and then told me to install part two.

selected 'install zip from SD' again, selected part 2, ran it.

this prompted a reboot

rebooted.

boom, rooted gingerbread.

then! i added the netflix .apk? and now i'm watching battlestar galactica. dancedroid

Back