How long does it take to get the Incredible?

my charge light turned green just shy of 2 hours but im going to charge it for 8 hours total

good luck to all those waiting and i hope to post my thoughts of the phone after i get to use it

Once the light is green it quits charging. If the Phone is off then it should be all the way up. What you might do is to unplug it then plug it back in to put a bump on it. After that turn it on and have FUN!!!!

Chris

After you save your contacts from your old phone and turn it off, yep!

just got my shipment notification! 1 day shy of a fortnight! should be here saturday if not monday.

this phone is so dang awesome!!! worth the wait so far!!! good luck to all those that are waiting. cant decide the apps i want to install so im searching online alot!

I ordered my incredible on June 28th. It came today. No $25 gift card yet though.

Absolutely love the phone!

I got really lucky, they had one left at Crossroads Mall Verizon store in Cary NC today. I was just there getting my car inspected and walked in. Lucky me. Enjoying it sofar.

Hey guys Im new to this forum but i can with 90% percent certainty confirm your fears that the incredible has switched to super tft screens. I recived a replacement phone today from verizon, because my speaker blew out on my old one. When i started up the new phone i noticed the display looked different i promptly put my battery back in my old phone to confirm this and the difference is quite noticeable.In the short time that i used the new phone i noticed this difference is most obvious in the slide to unlock screen and when you bring up the keyboard.where on my original phone the slide to unlock was a rich black on the new phone its a light gray the new screen is comparable to the htc hero screen. needless to say Im going to a Verizon store to confront them about this. If Im getting a downgraded phone i want some kind of compensation because the beautiful aomled screen was the tipping point for me. If Verizon refuses to come to a deal with me, Im torn between keeping my current phone with the aomled and a blown speak(it still works but sounds distorted) or making the change and sticking with the tft display. its a tough call

for those waiting here is how great the camera is on this phone

no adjusting of any settings on it.

39114_633229710821_40001668_35764714_7686508_n.jpg

gatdammit fed-ex! it wont show til monday. the guy at fed-ex says that vzw doesnt like them handing out packages early. i can't even go pick it up.

"they said it was scheduled for the 26th so that's when it will be delivered"

so why the hell did they send it out with 2 day shipping? seems like they paid a bit extra for nothing.

gah! its less then half an hour away and took 24 hours to get here from TN but will take 2.5 days to get across town >_<

gatdammit fed-ex! it wont show til monday. the guy at fed-ex says that vzw doesnt like them handing out packages early. i can't even go pick it up.

"they said it was scheduled for the 26th so that's when it will be delivered"

so why the hell did they send it out with 2 day shipping? seems like they paid a bit extra for nothing.

gah! its less then half an hour away and took 24 hours to get here from TN but will take 2.5 days to get across town >_<

Is this a common occurrence? It seems a little odd, and it would certainly be annoying if this were the case across the board.

A quick search on google of "verizon 2 day saturday" revealed a myriad of people asking if fed ex delivered on saturday from verizon. It seems alot of phones go out on thursday and are delayed until monday. even in this thread, a search of "monday" and "saturday" showed a lot of deliveries taking the weekend to arrive.

I think with the number of packages that verizon delivers, fed ex would probably give them free saturday delivery service or at least at a significant reduction in cost.

my mother always says: "maturity is the ability to delay satisfaction"

i try to live that everyday. this, however, has no good reason. particularly from fedex. buncha crap that i cant even go get it on a saturday. also makes verizon's 2 day shipping look like a joke gimmick.

im not mad by a long shot, so dont let this post make you think that. just wondering why things work in a stupid way. :confused:

ORDERED: July 15th, around 4pm via website

Just got email from VZW (July 25) that they shipped and will be overnight

Im assuming monday or tuesday delivery?

So thats within 15 days, the delay is definitely being reduced!

Just hope i didnt get the new lower quality screen. I guess i did :(

Just hope i didnt get the new lower quality screen. I guess i did :(

I don't think it's that big of a deal. HTC themselves said that the change would probably fly under the radar.

All things considered I actually think it's better. As far as LCDs go, TFT is great in the sun. And it isn't subject to burn-it like the AMOLED either. Sony makes a pretty sweet screen, too, so I'm not worried.

True, the colors won't be as vibrant, but people have been complaining about the over saturation on the Dinc since release. It won't be as bright either but I'm mostly indoors and full brightness is almost never needed on anyother mobile device. And at night, it won't be blinding when you go to answer that call from bed or read your ebook.

"But AMOLED uses less power" you'll say. True, but the gains are marginal at best and only with dark areas (like alot of android menus and screens) but bright colors and whites (tons and tons of apps have white backgrounds) actually use less power on an LCD. It will make no difference.

That being said, the AMOLED does have some cool colors and if I end up with one instead of the TFT I'll still be excited.

Back