If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ?

weather widget donate

Hi all, I just bought a droid 2 and after hearing all the great things about weather widget donate on this site and seeing the great screenshots. Well now I have it, it is just a widget on my home screen. How do I get it to open up like I have seen here? Or is that just for the Incredible? So new to this and needing lots of help!

mIQ - My newest app! A Best Buy application that syncs your phone info in real time, such as texts, calls, photos, and contacts. I just use this to sync my SMS messages because then I can have conversations on my PC without picking up my Droid. Aww yea.

PicSayPro - Like photoshop for the Droid (because the actual photoshop app sucks big time). You can open a photo, draw on it, add stickers, speech bubbles, text, and TONS of effects like blur, color changes, spotlight, and so much more. Then send them to your friend to make them laugh. Great app. Just wish they would update it with even more.

PhoneMyPC - Control your computer on your Droid, even on 3G, just as a remote or have the full screen on your phone. So amazing when you are watching Hulu and dont wanna get up to choose another show. Also a life-saver when you forgot to do something on your PC

WeatherBug - A typical but much needed application. Radar, weekly, hourly, oh boy. Nothing is better than knowing the weather anywhere in the world. Ohh and it also gives you alert notifications if you have a storm or something. Mmmhmm.

SketchOnline2 - I am not much of a game player. Mostly small puzzles and stuff, just grew out of the gamer phase. This is an amazing game for any creative or artistic person. You just sign up and have to draw a word you are given for other REAL people to guess, then you guess other peoples drawings. So much fun unless you get some moron tool in your game that just writes the word or draws a penis. Still worth it.

Hi all, I just bought a droid 2 and after hearing all the great things about weather widget donate on this site and seeing the great screenshots. Well now I have it, it is just a widget on my home screen. How do I get it to open up like I have seen here? Or is that just for the Incredible? So new to this and needing lots of help!
You might be thinking of beautiful widgets...

Originally Posted by dgreen1
You might be thinkinWeather Flip/Clock Donate app that mimics the HTC flip clock and weather displayg of beautiful widgets... I just downloaded this one, is this what i need, wish that book "Droid 2 for Dummies" came out sooner than December. So I need beautiful widgets to get it to look like the Incredible screen? Then how do I apply it to the weather and toggle widget?

Thanks to ALL of you for your help!

A few more than 5

Shocked no one has mentioned logmein.

logmein...For me it was worth $29.99 I work in IT and this works great for me :reddroid::motdroidhoriz::reddroid::motdroidhoriz::reddroid:

Astro...Also worth the Pro Versiondancedroid:motdroidvert:dancedroid

Touchdown...Worth the one time fee of $19.99 as it is the best alternative to paying verizon 15.00/month to connect to my work's exchange server. It Syncs mail/calendar/tasks/contacts instantly!!!:blackdroid::blackdroid::reddroid:

Yahoo Fantasy Football - If your in a yahoo league it's great for checking and editing your weekly lineup:icon_ banana:

NFL Mobile
- Even if you don't subscribe to the vcast streaming video it will tie you into each live radio broadcast of each game for FREE!!! Which is awesome if you're out and about and don't want to miss your game.:heart:

ArcMedia - Free videoplayer and plays most if not all .Avi and .Mov files with different sound codecs without a hiccup :reddroid::reddroid::reddroid:

Justin.tv -Great App that is so easy it should be illegal for streaming live video from your phones camera. If you got kids and want to chance them around the yard with your phone while the grandparents watch 3 states away...this is great.:) You can also browse other people's channels and watch their cams. I'm into saltwater aquariums and lots of people stream their tanks...Nice and relaxing to watch :blackdroid:

****As noted really an app but more of a feature: The ability to sync my computer's web links then on the droid create multiple desktop folders and and create shortcut's to those links inside the folders so after some creation time I have created Categorized Folders that open with a click and loaded with my hundreds of web links. It makes browsing Bookmarks very easy. I also use Dolphin browser as my primary browser. I am impressed so far with it's abilities.

Droid Forums app - Enough Saiddancedroid:blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid::blackdroid::reddroid::reddroid::reddroid::reddroid::reddroid::reddroid:dancedroid

I have read all 25 pages and found a bunch of new and awesome apps thanks! All of my top 5 were already mentioned but one that every husband I have that I didnt hear mentioned was:
Super Call Log Faker
This App is a must for all those husbands out there whos wives swear that we didnt call them. Let me give you a transcipt of last week.
Wife: Why didnt you call me today!
Me: Hunny, I did!
Wife: No you didnt I have no misssed calls on my phone
Me: Look its right here in my call log, see for yourself...

Allow for custom call log entries, including time of call, number and date...

Figured Id pass it on for all those guys out there!

Wow greatest app ever!! Esp the sms one too

I have read all 25 pages and found a bunch of new and awesome apps thanks! All of my top 5 were already mentioned but one that every husband I have that I didnt hear mentioned was:
Super Call Log Faker
This App is a must for all those husbands out there whos wives swear that we didnt call them. Let me give you a transcipt of last week.
Wife: Why didnt you call me today!
Me: Hunny, I did!
Wife: No you didnt I have no misssed calls on my phone
Me: Look its right here in my call log, see for yourself...

Allow for custom call log entries, including time of call, number and date...

Figured Id pass it on for all those guys out there!

:laugh:
And boyfriends for us women...

That one would work for parents, friends, etc...
Oh! bosses or work... :)

ADW Launcher - says it all
Droid Forums - of course!!!
Handcent - go txt messaging
and last meebo im - im very popular :p

Poweramp
mvideoplayer
Adwlauncher ex
Tapatalk
Handcent

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aldiko, Audiogalaxy, LauncherPro, Scrollable News Widget (not for all my RSS feeds, just specific ones) and Pure Calendar Widget.

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

1. Tasker - Total phone automation
  2. SetCPU - Overclocking profiles for root users
  3. LauncherPro Plus - no explanation needed?
  4. Titanium Backup - App and system backups. Necessary for ROM flashers
  5. Gentle Alarm - Best alarm app on the market.
Bonus: System Panel - Realtime and historical tracking of system usage.

1. Launcher pro
2. Droid Streamer Pro
3. Music box
4. Barcode scanner
5. Shazam

Does anybody agree with these? And I'm a noob, so are there apps like these that do the same thing, but better? Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Done... Finally got done reading this thread... my turn.

Top 5:
1.Task List : A personal organizer of multiple TO-DO lits.
2. Double Twist : Computer Itunes to Droid sync app.
3. Ring Droid : Custom ring tones by my choosing.
4. OI Safe : Stores and encrypts multiple password.
5. Shop Savvy : Barcode scanner to get price and other locations of items.

Second Top 5:
1. Speed Test : Download and Upload speed tester.
2. Mileage : Gas mileage tracker / maintenacne record keeper.
3. Caller ID Faker : Prank calling. LMAO.
4. Dock Simulator : For a non magnet docking station.
5. Desktop Remote : Wireless control over a computer (WiFi)

Glad everyone got such good use out of the Super Call Log Faker. I feel like iv passed the torch to many others...

I hope it treats you as well as it has treated me...

Back