[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

I didn't think the overclock app was needed other than to load the module. The script should override the values I thought. That's how it worked with the other CM kernel and module and script.
d

Correct.

chrome to phone the text to your android clipboard and paste it again..something must have went wrong

echo "76" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1200000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate

echo "6 200000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "1 200000000 22" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "5 400000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "2 400000000 32" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "4 600000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "3 600000000 42" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "3 800000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "4 800000000 50" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "2 1000000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "5 1000000000 58" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "1 1100000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table
echo "6 1100000000 63" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

hey i was just wondering how do you find out if compcache is on? i turned it on in cyanogenmod setttings is that the right way to do it?

also in froyo, i had apps2sdext is there anyway to enable that on CM7 with this kernel? thx.

Yes, type 'free" in a terminal (you should see a swap amount), the kernel is app2ext ready (you have to create the partition on sdcard).

hey i was just wondering how do you find out if compcache is on? i turned it on in cyanogenmod setttings is that the right way to do it?

also in froyo, i had apps2sdext is there anyway to enable that on CM7 with this kernel? thx.

Yes, type 'free" in a terminal (you should see a swap amount), the kernel is app2ext ready (you have to create the partition on sdcard).

prime, awesome work. thanks for the help. my compcache appears to be working and for apps2sd ext i had to run firerats script

FroYo a2sdext [ 2010-11-03 ] # v1.36 # in theory, supports HTC Incredible - CyanogenMod Forum

i thought it normally works automatically, but this was painless.

now im having trouble with the overclocking, i installed the milestone app you posted and ran the script using scripter, but how do i know if the new values are in effect? sorry for so many questions but this is the last thing i want to make sure is working.

prime, as you are working on networking stuff for next kernel
Can you look into Bluetooth reversed tether dun?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

For those having trouble with the script, when I copied and pasted it into scripter it did not keep the line breaks before the second echo line. I just went to each line and deleted the space before echo and hit enter so that it looked the way it looks here in the forum with each entry on its own line and then it worked properly.

I'm back onboard after a fubar with metamorph...this new kernel is very interesting...haven't seen how the battery does yet, but if prime says it's a better way I'm inclined to believe him. It sure is nice to see an enthusiast in the kernel development area!

I'm back onboard after a fubar with metamorph...this new kernel is very interesting...haven't seen how the battery does yet, but if prime says it's a better way I'm inclined to believe him. It sure is nice to see an enthusiast in the kernel development area!

try using zipthemer to turn your metamorph themes into update.zip (recovery flashable) just make sure you remake the update.zip each time you update/change roms

is their a new kernel out?

I had to modify the vsels a bit in the script to get my phone to quit rebooting and man this thing flies so fast at 1.2...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I had to modify the vsels a bit in the script to get my phone to quit rebooting and man this thing flies so fast at 1.2...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It is zippy @ 1200mhz

Modifying a text file is so much nicer than flashing a new kernel only to have it bootloop ;)

Back