[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Download Milestone Overclock from the market, load module, slide to 1200mhz, enjoy.
How does this work with having overclock within CM performance settings. Does not look like there is a way to turn off this overclockng?

EDIT: looks like it works along side of it, cause it now show 1200 or what ever I have milestone set at.

Last edited:
still no-go. I get:

dd: can't open '/sd-ext/swap.swp' : read only file system

and then a few more errors coming from that.

edit:

Works fine if I use /sdcard/ instead of /sd-ext/. I'd rather use my sd-ext though

I don't currently use app2ext so can't be of much help (I will look into it for certain).

You should open an issue on the milestone overclock google code project page, maybe others have seen this before.

Download Milestone Overclock from the market, load module, slide to 1200mhz, enjoy.
How does this work with having overclock within CM performance settings. Does not look like there is a way to turn off this overclockng?

You control it the same way you currently do, in CM performance settings...the slots change after running the script ;)

Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm stuck. I downloaded your kernel...installed it..ran milestone..upped it to 1000 MHz..downloaded scripter..now what? Where is the script I'm supposed to run and how do I run it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

You control it the same way you currently do, in CM performance settings...the slots change after running the script ;)
Sorry to sound so dumb, but what script are you referring to?
Aso I downloaded milestone, do I setup over clocking there, or in CM performance settings? Thanks so much.

Select and copy the text in your browser to clipboard, open scripter and create a new script, paste the copied text, enter a name and click save. Run milestone overclock, click load module then exit milestone overclock, open scripter and run the overclock script you saved.

Here is a simple script to restart compcache when it gets sluggish:

Code:
compcache stop
handle_compcache

Select and copy the text in your browser to clipboard, open scripter and create a new script, paste the copied text, enter a name and click save. Run milestone overclock, click load module then exit milestone overclock, open scripter and run the overclock script you saved.

I'm trying this but Scripter is failing saying

*edited* nevermined, it was due to my screwup, not scripter. everything is working.

Last edited:
Well, I can't get the script to do anything. This is on CM7 nightly #7. I have the kernel installed and the module loaded. The script appears to execute cleanly, but neither setcpu or the cyanogenmod performance settings recognize the new slots. I'm not really sure what the problem could be. Any ideas?

I didn't think the overclock app was needed other than to load the module. The script should override the values I thought. That's how it worked with the other CM kernel and module and script.

hey i was just wondering how do you find out if compcache is on? i turned it on in cyanogenmod setttings is that the right way to do it?

also in froyo, i had apps2sdext is there anyway to enable that on CM7 with this kernel? thx.

Back