[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Prime, the only issue I am having us it gets hot 105F

105f isnt hot, 135+ is getting too hot

Warm 105F. Anyway I changed interactive to on demand now temperature is dropping. A little slower responses.

Hit the advanced tab if using SetCPU and change the 'Sampling Rate' to (30000) and click apply.

This must be done any time you switch back to the ondemand governor, it defaults to (300,000) each time....very annoying but necessary

Note:

I'm changing the ondemand governor sampling rate from 300000 (three hundred thousand) to 30000 (thirty thousand) using SetCPU.

Bump
To keep this alive!!!
Awesome work Prime!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

105f isnt hot, 135+ is getting too hot

Warm 105F. Anyway I changed interactive to on demand now temperature is dropping. A little slower responses.

Hit the advanced tab if using SetCPU and change the 'Sampling Rate' to (30000) and click apply.

This must be done any time you switch back to the ondemand governor, it defaults to (300,000) each time....very annoying but necessary

Note:

I'm changing the ondemand governor sampling rate from 300000 (three hundred thousand) to 30000 (thirty thousand) using SetCPU.

I've never had the smoothness with ondemand that I have with interactive. Is there any way to bring the smartass governor to our kernel?

I've never had the smoothness with ondemand that I have with interactive. Is there any way to bring the smartass governor to our kernel?

Gambit,
The difference is that interactive takes you up to the highest slot right from Jump Street, aka start. Where OD first reads what is needed and then goes to that speed, rather than max out first and then poll.

That is why there is a greater drain, not a lot, on battery with interactive due to more time at max slot.

hope that makes sense

danceswithbongs

If I can get smartass to function in a manor that is consistent I will release it in a kernel.

Prime
As a smartass, I have always wondered what the governor with the same name does?
Since if it was modeled after danceswithbongs it would run slow in the morning and slowly increase the slots available and in the evening it would slowly ramp down.

i can confirm apps2sd working with link2sd with latest build of both the deprimed kernel and project elite with a class 4 sdcard

Edit-------------
as a matter of fact i do not believe any other kernel has ran as seamlessly as yours prime. kudos to you, and thanks for building thins for us.

Kanibull, when you refer to apps2sd on PE, are you talking about froyo apps to sd or the cm script apps2sd or the app apps2sd?

Since I am almost positive it will not work with the apps2sd script or the apps2sd app, and I'm referring to the one from Asia that partitions your card and is not on the market. Not the apps that just show you which apps can be moved that are on the market.

Just wondering, since if it was with the script or special app, I'd love to know what you scripted to get it to work as I couldn't do anything on CM except to use the 99 script which disables the CM apps2sd script.

Thanks

danceswithbongs

i can confirm apps2sd working with link2sd with latest build of both the deprimed kernel and project elite with a class 4 sdcard

Edit-------------
as a matter of fact i do not believe any other kernel has ran as seamlessly as yours prime. kudos to you, and thanks for building thins for us.

Kanibull, when you refer to apps2sd on PE, are you talking about froyo apps to sd or the cm script apps2sd or the app apps2sd?

Since I am almost positive it will not work with the apps2sd script or the apps2sd app, and I'm referring to the one from Asia that partitions your card and is not on the market. Not the apps that just show you which apps can be moved that are on the market.

Just wondering, since if it was with the script or special app, I'd love to know what you scripted to get it to work as I couldn't do anything on CM except to use the 99 script which disables the CM apps2sd script.

Thanks

danceswithbongs

If you have an issue it has to be the script your attempting to use, perhaps looking to load the ext3/2 modules....they are built in and aren't modules.

Pastebin the scripts and I will have a look.

Oh sorry Prime
No script issues here, I was just wondering if kan was using the same 99 script or had he found/written a new script.
One allowing both cmapp2sd and link2sd at same time.
All good with deprimed running very smooth and zero temp issues.
thanks but would still love to hear about what exactly does smartass governor allow/do?
danceswithbongs

I updated the primed test kernel, made majority of non-necessary drivers into loadable modules, CPU loads have been lowered by removing the ext2/3 drivers and modularizing them among many other changes.

The link is in the OP as well: http://bit.ly/primed_test
(primed kernel reports #14)

If all goes well with primed I will bring some of the changes over to deprimed.

Last edited:
This just keeps getting better and better! I'm looking forward to seeing how this does. Video quality looks improved too...:)

I updated the primed test kernel, made majority of non-necessary drivers into loadable modules, CPU loads have been lowered by removing the ext2/3 drivers and modularizing them among many other changes.

The link is in the OP as well: http://bit.ly/primed_test
(primed kernel reports #14)

If all goes well with primed I will bring some of the changes over to deprimed.

over 100 downloads on update, any thoughts? better/worse/same?

Prime, I'm running 17 with your latest primed. Ran OC and prime scripts. It seems smooth without compcache and running cool. Heat is a big issue for me CLN replacement has always run hot. I noticed only 3 governors. I'm running interactive, it seems to keep load averages down and runs cooler. Does that make sense? What should advanced frequency be see to in SETCPU?
I'm liking it so far. Only been primed for a few hours this time.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Back