[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

Getting great battery life with #12 using screen off profile of 250/550.

Screen on 250/800 with sticking mostly to your 20overclock values.

Was getting FCs on Launcher Pro with deprimed #12. Alternative kernel fixed that. Nice work prime.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

The alternative kernel (primed test) has things I want that seem to misbehave on most devices..such as the CFQ scheduler (causes the CPU to sleep too deeply for most = high load averages).

Getting great battery life with #12 using screen off profile of 250/550.

Screen on 250/800 with sticking mostly to your 20overclock values.

Good to hear that, for me 14 hours (to 10%) is not bad battery life, it's just I have built kernels that lasted longer under heavy/moderate use.

My kernel should be able to provide you with approximately 5+ hours of continuous use, continuous meaning screen on with device in hand being used in some way (not using navigation).

Updated OP to include primed as an option.

I spent a good deal of time reading through your other overclock thread and I'm trying to use the 20overclock file at these values:
MODULES_DIR=/system/lib/modules
MODULE=overclock.ko
#MODPARM="omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table_addr=0xc003e094 mpu_opps_addr=0xc054a8e4 cpufreq_stats_table_addr=0xc052208c"
cd $MODULES_DIR
insmod $MODULE

echo 0xc003e094 > /proc/overclock/omap2_clk_init_cpufreq_table_addr
echo 0xc0530064 > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps_addr
echo 0xc052208c > /proc/overclock/cpufreq_stats_table_addr

echo "1 250000000 30" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "6 250000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "2 350000000 34" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "5 350000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "3 800000000 68" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "4 800000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "4 900000000 70" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

echo "3 900000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "5 1000000000 74" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "2 1000000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "6 1100000000 78" > /proc/overclock/mpu_opps
echo "1 1100000" > /proc/overclock/freq_table

echo "78" > /proc/overclock/max_vsel
echo "1100000" > /proc/overclock/max_rate
which I assumed would have worked. But after copying it into /etc/init.d/ and changing permissions and rebooting, my phone keeps reloading the splash screen, doesn't even make it to the bootanimation

Any help as to what I did wrong would be much appreciated

Nice work on #12. This is the best yet. The built in features are awesome! Keep up the great work Primedancedroid

Hey prime, just a question to better educate myself, if I am experiencing heat issues (I'm not, but have on other kernels in the past, espescially while running GPS), is that usually a function of one or two variables, or is it too ambiguous to tell? Just curious if something like higher voltages would cure that, or if it's the whole kernel simply not playing nice?

BTW deprimed #12 plus winner's build 14 is the best my phone has felt on GB yet, great work

Prime, I am using winner rc2 14 with primed (ver report 10) with overclock script 200-900 with interactive compcache 26%. Its smooth so far. Checking battery life.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

With Winner's RC2/14 build + deprimed 12 I have a weird issue that I haven't seen reported here. When I go into CM settings > performance > min CPU frequency I can see 200MHz as the lowest slot. Clicking it to set it to set it appears to work. If I back out of the page, and go back in it shows it set to 250MHz. The next slot, 350MHz works fine.

I haven't been using profiles with GB, so I ditched SetCPU, but went ahead and reinstalled it so see if it was just the pre-installed CM version. But alas, no it isn't. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10407325/SETCPU.png As you can see SetCPU has the slider set to 200MHz, yet it is reporting my minimum slot is 250MHz.

To further make things interesting, Time In State in SetCPU shows the 200MHz slot haha.

No performance issues (knock on wood), and so far my battery life has been good. Although I have only been running this setup since last night. So this isn't a real problem that I can see, just thought it was odd. Thanks for all the work you have been doing.

With Winner's RC2/14 build + deprimed 12 I have a weird issue that I haven't seen reported here. When I go into CM settings > performance > min CPU frequency I can see 200MHz as the lowest slot. Clicking it to set it to set it appears to work. If I back out of the page, and go back in it shows it set to 250MHz. The next slot, 350MHz works fine.

It's odd that you see 200 MHz, on the OP prime says he made the min 250.

My slots in CM settings are 250/400/550/600/700/800/900.

I believe once you run the primed script it creates the overclock20 file that reports the frequencies to setcpu and cyanogen settings. The 20overclock is set for 200-900 range. However, I think Prime mentioned you aren't actually able to use the 200 slot because the current version of the deprimed kernel has the bottom end set at 250 and that cant be changed. I edited my overclock20 file to change the bottom slot to 250 and everything reports as it should now.

I believe once you run the primed script it creates the overclock20 file that reports the frequencies to setcpu and cyanogen settings. The 20overclock is set for 200-900 range. However, I think Prime mentioned you aren't actually able to use the 200 slot because the current version of the deprimed kernel has the bottom end set at 250 and that cant be changed. I edited my overclock20 file to change the bottom slot to 250 and everything reports as it should now.

Ah that would make sense, I will edit that and report back with how it works.

Edit: Yep that fixed her. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back