[KERNEL] Kernel (deprimed_test) - Break It If You Can

I'm working on an update, should fix the compcache issue. The cyanogen team changed to an entirely different method of compcache size detection, its not at all my fault its broken and I'm finding it difficult without backtracking git changes exactly what was done how to properly repair it but I will nail it down. I am also searching for the proper values to feed overclock so adjustments to voltage and slots can be made.

I also will be making adjustments to the default scheduler in hopes of alleviating any high load issues some have reported (I have experienced the issue myself).

I will update thread in an hour or so, thank you to all testers for reporting your issues...together we can get all issues resolved.

Is this why even with compcache enabled I seem to have no avail. memory lately, whereas a few builds back I was getting 70-80MB avail?

It is.

I fully repaired the compcache issue in the deprimed test kernel this morning, I will update reprimed later this afernoon to include the proper fix.

Kernel speeds not dropping

I am running the newest test 2 on cm7 test 6 and overnight I left my phone plugged in charging and this morning I see that the kernel never clocks down below 550. When I look at setcpu history, overnight.the cpu never went below 550. Load values are all below 1. I have the min value at 250, ondemand govenor. Will check battery performance today and report back.

I am running the newest test 2 on cm7 test 6 and overnight I left my phone plugged in charging and this morning I see that the kernel never clocks down below 550. When I look at setcpu history, overnight.the cpu never went below 550. Load values are all below 1. I have the min value at 250, ondemand govenor. Will check battery performance today and report back.

All kernels are set to a higher minimum speed while charging, its part of the charging daemons functionality...I don't like it either and plan on removing this "feature" when I get a chance.

That's what happpens normally whenever you have your phone plugged in regardless of kernel.

Thanks for the reply. I thought I had noticed the kernel clock lower while charging before, but I was probably mistaken.

Second test kernel works fine except for wifi, which errors out. Anyone else get this?

Edit: Never mind, just saw your twitter.

Last edited:
Hey prime did you say you were going to be releasing reprimed with that compcache fix today?

reprimed updated for compcache fix, simply re-download and reflash from same link

Sorry, perused this thread but didn't see the answer right away - what's the difference between reprimed and deprimed?

Back