LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Wow

Love at first swype hahaha
im going to definitely stick with this
its so smooth i feel like i just gave my droid a boost

dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

Last edited:
I just switched over to this from Helix and I really like it. Like everyone else I'd like to change the dock icons but other than that I'm really happy with it and it's a lot smoother than Helix was.

Question: Do I need to go and remove all the icons from the Helix home screen like I did with the stock home? Will it make a difference?

I've seen mixed communications on whether or not that's necessary. I saw one post in particular that had at least 4 or 5 home launchers with multiple widgets and his LauncherPro was running fine. That might've even been in this thread.

coming from Helix2 this thing is more smooth by a longshot, and less buggy. sometimes with helix2 the icons in the launcher would become all misaligned with the text, requireing a restart of the launcher. i havent noticed a single issue in a couple days of use.

I just switched over to this from Helix and I really like it. Like everyone else I'd like to change the dock icons but other than that I'm really happy with it and it's a lot smoother than Helix was.

Question: Do I need to go and remove all the icons from the Helix home screen like I did with the stock home? Will it make a difference?

I've seen mixed communications on whether or not that's necessary. I saw one post in particular that had at least 4 or 5 home launchers with multiple widgets and his LauncherPro was running fine. That might've even been in this thread.

I have five launchers on my phone currently. I've had up to seven and I've never removed any widgets from the launchers I'm not running at a particular time.

The only possible impact of having multiple launchers is starting one and then switching to another. Unless you kill the first launcher or power cycle your phone, the first launcher will remain in active memory. And that is a problem only if you're pushing the limits of your available memory, somewhere less than 20 mg free.

I just loaded up GDE for the first time in a LONG time, it really has improved a lot and is so customizable. I'll have to try it a bit now as well...

jsh - you said you have 4 or 5 launchers installed? I'm currently in the same boat - helix1, gde, freed, launcherpro, and the stock... I haven't done hardly any customizations in any of them yet, but if I try and go to the home launcher, I get constant process.acore FCs. I'm on a fresh stock ota install with little extra installed at this point. Have you experienced this at all? I had no problems before I installed the home launchers so it's gotta be one of those doing it...

jsh - you said you have 4 or 5 launchers installed? I'm currently in the same boat - helix1, gde, freed, launcherpro, and the stock... I haven't done hardly any customizations in any of them yet, but if I try and go to the home launcher, I get constant process.acore FCs. I'm on a fresh stock ota install with little extra installed at this point. Have you experienced this at all? I had no problems before I installed the home launchers so it's gotta be one of those doing it...

I don't have "freed." I have the others on my phone and haven't experienced more than a few "non-response" messages. I simply press "wait" in those cases and it recovers almost instantly. No true "force closes" at all.

If I were you, however, I wouldn't be quick to blame any specific launcher. Rather I'd uninstall all but the stock launcher and reinstall one by one.

Actually, it was my own fault (isn't that typically the case?)

I used MyBackupPro to backup some stuff before I reverted to stock, since it'll run stock vs. Titanium. When I went to restore data, I had "Android Home" checked, and that's when the FCs started (and these FCs didn't have the option to wait). I'm assuming there was some data that was restored that didn't need to be there...

I need to investigate this "Android Home" backup, b/c I'm wondering if it can be used to essentially transfer home layouts between launchers.

Bugless 1.0 is pretty much that, for people worried about problems with a ROM..

Im a smartphone rookie with limited knowledge. This is the first launcher I've tried other than stock. I like it, but I didn't realize I would lose all my home screen Widgets, apps, shortcuts etc. that I had setup in the stock launcher. is there an easy way I can restore all that stuff to the way it was on stock launcher?

Im a smartphone rookie with limited knowledge. This is the first launcher I've tried other than stock. I like it, but I didn't realize I would lose all my home screen Widgets, apps, shortcuts etc. that I had setup in the stock launcher. is there an easy way I can restore all that stuff to the way it was on stock launcher?

I don't believe so, each different Home Launcher you use is it's own home.

Unfortunately, no.

I suggest getting a free app called Home Switcher. It allows you to switch between Homes quickly. You can either set one as a default or just "Launch" one (pressing the Home button sends you back to your default).

Man, this launcher is sweet. It's every bit as fast and smooth as HTC's Sense stuff. I can now slide through screens and scroll through apps with no jerkiness whatsoever! Google should just buy this dude's code and implement it as stock.

Back