LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

It lags a little when rotating but also would randomly take a few seconds to load short cuts and widgets when coming from a program or from sleep.

I do have "try to keep launcher in memory" checked.

When I take auto landscape off it seems perfect so I am happy that way...but wondered if I was alone...
Where did you find this option? :icon_eek:

Its in the app "Spare Parts"...bottom option. I think you should have it because your signature says cyanogen... The option was missing when I was using Pete's BB though.

Yea same, I can't find this in the beast... too bad, would be an interesting option to explore.

I was able to theme the buttons with themes I used for Helix Launcher 2. I used the same png files from the Helis Launcher 2 theme thread, created an XML file, moved the com.fde.launcher from /data/app to system/app, ran metamorph and I have my Michigan State Spartan on the main screen and my Grateful Dead SYFas the home button in the app drawer.

Just downloaded based off of thread comments and I have to add my praise too. This thing is blazing fast! I always thought helix was was a little laggy, but loved the features so I kept it. This is so quick, and as it is, has about 95% of the features I liked in helix . I love the flying in app tray too. Like others I would prefer to have customizable bottom icons, but Its not a huge issue for me.

Also, thanks to those that suggested home switcher. I love finding great new apps, its like a whole new droid today!

Awesome!

Got nothin but love for this launcher. Its better than the default home launcher. Great job! I hope they dont charge for it. But even if they do I will deffinately be on board with this one. Very Fast, smooth, havent had a single issue.

Had it for a week now and I must say it is one of the best. I have removed hl and replaced it with this. HL was too laggy compared to this. Now i have experienced a few fcs here and there but i expect it for a beta. I think the dev have something esp if he make a way to allow you to customize the four apps underneath. Good find op, and good job dev.

At 1ghz LauncherPro isn't that much faster than Helix 1.4b1. The Bounce effect certainly helps too. At 550, it's more noticeable. Definitely blows the non beta Helix away.

Not a huge issue but the app drawer closes if you switch orientations while its open and it remembers the location in your app list between openings. Also, I previously reported a fc when placed in dock, this has not happened again.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Right now I'm stuck between LP and the newest version of ADW. LP seems to be faster but ADW is pretty damn fast also and definitely wins feature-wise.

I'll be watching both of them pretty closely..

Right now I'm stuck between LP and the newest version of ADW. LP seems to be faster but ADW is pretty damn fast also and definitely wins feature-wise.

agreed, I have both installed right now. I think I'll be switching back and forth as they are updated lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm in the exact same boat. LP feels smoother, but ADW seems snappier and is a lot more customizable. Oh, the dilemmas we face in life... except when I'm running rooted 2.1, then LP is the only that works.

agreed, I have both installed right now. I think I'll be switching back and forth as they are updated lol.
I'm in the exact same boat. LP feels smoother, but ADW seems snappier and is a lot more customizable. Oh, the dilemmas we face in life... except when I'm running rooted 2.1, then LP is the only that works.
Lol ADW and LP definitely seem to be the best two options right now. Helix is still nice but I find these two to be more efficient.

I'm just waiting for the customizable dock update to this app and then I will install it.

If you set it to your default launcher you can press the Home key and it will show you all of your screens and you can tap one to jump to it.

Excellent tip. I did this once by mistake but couldn't figure out how. This is the first launcher I've installed and I'm lovin' it.

I'm just waiting for the customizable dock update to this app and then I will install it.

I'd say install it now, but don't have it set as default. That way when you go to the Download section of the Market, you'll see if there's an update right away.

Back