LauncherPro Beta (SUPER FAST & SMOOTH Launcher!)

Amazing launcher. I'm a huge fan already, and I'm looking forward any sort of improvements...

Just switched to this after using Home++ for the past few months. Love it. BY FAR more snappy than Home++. Makes my droid feel like a completely new phone.

This may be a stupid idea, but I decided to email the dev anyway asking if there was simply a way to remove the icons from the dock. I think I speak for most people that are unhappy with the customization limitations that not having any shortcuts beside the dock launcher would be better than having the ones on there irreplaceable/not removable. If I get an email back with details on the situation I'll be happy to forward it along to you all.

He is working on customizing them, which most likely will offer the option to leave them blank. We'll see.

As I was comparing LauncherPro with Helix 1 and GDE I noticed that LauncherPro (and the stock 2.1 Launcher) apparently do not run as separate processes. In contrast, both Helix 1 and GDE do. As a result, I think, when LauncherPro is selected as the default browser and the alternative is terminated, my Droid consistently shows slightly more free memory.

I don't know enough about the way in which the code is constructed to understand whether it is a developer choice but I suspect it may account for the occasional lags that Helix 1, GDE, and some other launchers experience compared to LauncherPro. Whether that difference also has other ramifications (e.g. extent of customization allowed) will be interesting to see.

This may be a stupid idea, but I decided to email the dev anyway asking if there was simply a way to remove the icons from the dock. I think I speak for most people that are unhappy with the customization limitations that not having any shortcuts beside the dock launcher would be better than having the ones on there irreplaceable/not removable. If I get an email back with details on the situation I'll be happy to forward it along to you all.
You don't speak for me. Having those four buttons means I can take four shortcuts off my main home screen.

It's nice that the buttons run whatever your default is. I can live with that until the update to customize it comes out.

This is a great app. I have been using the stock launcher, because the aftermarket ones were too unstable. This one is great. No F/C yet and very smooth. I just hope future updates don't mess this up because it is perfect now.

AM just not able to get this to be the default launcher. I choose home screen to default screen in the preferences but everytime I press the home button on the phone, it goes back to the old normal droid launcher and I have to restart it again...anyway to solve this or am I missing a step?

Really love this home replacement. It uses the same 4 bottom buttons i use on ones that let you customize plus it looks very sleek. The app drawer runs kinda slow with live wallpapers but its not a big deal.

AM just not able to get this to be the default launcher. I choose home screen to default screen in the preferences but everytime I press the home button on the phone, it goes back to the old normal droid launcher and I have to restart it again...anyway to solve this or am I missing a step?

Download "Home Switcher" from the Market. Try doing it though the app.

Shortcuts replacement added!!
Looks like you can replace it with anything. Thas wassup.
:]

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

No longer assigned, latest update just now gave you the option to change the shortcuts..
:]. Bout time. Thanks to dev.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back