Liberty Update News

But seriously wonder what more he can do to this rom except improve some stuff its good now Bat the only real issue

I like this rom pretty much the way it is. The only thing I miss is the power widget in pulldown bar like I have on project elite for the D1.

Sent from my DROID2 R2D2

We can only hope for it in the next-next release, it's not going to be in this new version. Two reasons I say that...

1. 1.5 themes will work on 2.0. If the widgets were in the power bar, then there would be a ton of new icons in the framework, thus old themes would need the new icons added.

2. A little birdie told me when I asked him.

Its cool. Hopefully next time. But even without liberty still rocks.

4851e863-d05a-ad80.jpg

Man I feel old 28. Just love electronics.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

6318b78b-dd61-b7e9.jpg

If you want widgets in the notification pulldown, download widgetsoid 2.x in the market for free.

Those are nice, but it's harder to theme an app, especially when they update it, and it's a pay app, so you can't distribute it. +With this app, you HAVE to have the widget taking up real estate on one of your homescreens as well, which is utterly pointless. That said, I am running this app until it's added to the ROM.

This is what they're talking about... oh, and you can scroll to the right for more instead of them all being squished into the screen width.
15.png

Those are nice, but it's harder to theme an app, especially when they update it, and it's a pay app, so you can't distribute it. +With this app, you HAVE to have the widget taking up real estate on one of your homescreens as well, which is utterly pointless. That said, I am running this app until it's added to the ROM.

This is what they're talking about... oh, and you can scroll to the right for more instead of them all being squished into the screen width.
With widgetsoid you do not have to have the widget on a homescreen to have it in notifications, you just have to set one up.

So, 27 and relatively new to rooting. I originally just tried a bunch of roms until I found one I liked, so I have never upgraded btw versions of one rom before. Do I have to re flash, or is there an easier way than staring from scratch?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

The thing I hate is I feel once I finally try a new ROM build, shortly after support stops...happened twice when I used Apex and happening now with Liberty. Don't get me wrong but since switching to Liberty my Droid 2 is faster and I'm actually getting 10+ hours on a full charge. Keep up the good work

Sent from Kimo91's Rooted and Liberated Droid 2

The reason support stops for older versions of ROMs is because it is 1 step behind the newer one. The newest one have more issues fixed, more features, and more compatibilities than the older.

Plus, if you keep old ones around, it will confuse a lot of new users thinking "hey, I like Liberty 1.0, and I like this or that in Liberty 1.5, let's see if I can mix it together." Then the end result is nothing but problems, boot loops, and much more. It's just better it finalize certain ROMs and keep everything together that is compatible for that ROM and kept separate from the rest or drop it altogether. And if you're continuing off the same ROM but adding to it, fixing issues, and tweaking things then it's better to drop support for the older versions and eliminate altogether, or parts of it if the other parts are still compatible with the newer stuff.

I have 1.5 and I love it but the toolbox won't let me download themes and that's what I meant about no support. I go to the toolbox thread and no one has posted that its fixed or what's wrong with it...other than that I'm loving Liberty over Apex anyday and should've listened to everyone about going to Liberty first

The reason support stops for older versions of ROMs is because it is 1 step behind the newer one. The newest one have more issues fixed, more features, and more compatibilities than the older.

Plus, if you keep old ones around, it will confuse a lot of new users thinking "hey, I like Liberty 1.0, and I like this or that in Liberty 1.5, let's see if I can mix it together." Then the end result is nothing but problems, boot loops, and much more. It's just better it finalize certain ROMs and keep everything together that is compatible for that ROM and kept separate from the rest or drop it altogether. And if you're continuing off the same ROM but adding to it, fixing issues, and tweaking things then it's better to drop support for the older versions and eliminate altogether, or parts of it if the other parts are still compatible with the newer stuff.

I think it may be because you skould flash the whole rom again and they dont want I love to flash sometimes I just start all over again just because I could

I think it may be because you skould flash the whole rom again and they dont want I love to flash sometimes I just start all over again just because I could

No offense but I have no idea what you just said.

I have 1.5 and I love it but the toolbox won't let me download themes and that's what I meant about no support. I go to the toolbox thread and no one has posted that its fixed or what's wrong with it...other than that I'm loving Liberty over Apex anyday and should've listened to everyone about going to Liberty first

There was a thread/post talking about it and it had a couple solutions that solved the problem. I'll have to find it again.

Back