Liberty Update News

The reason support stops for older versions of ROMs is because it is 1 step behind the newer one. The newest one have more issues fixed, more features, and more compatibilities than the older.

Plus, if you keep old ones around, it will confuse a lot of new users thinking "hey, I like Liberty 1.0, and I like this or that in Liberty 1.5, let's see if I can mix it together." Then the end result is nothing but problems, boot loops, and much more. It's just better it finalize certain ROMs and keep everything together that is compatible for that ROM and kept separate from the rest or drop it altogether. And if you're continuing off the same ROM but adding to it, fixing issues, and tweaking things then it's better to drop support for the older versions and eliminate altogether, or parts of it if the other parts are still compatible with the newer stuff.

I think it may be because you skould flash the whole rom again and they dont want I love to flash sometimes I just start all over again just because I could

No offense but I have no idea what you just said.
What I meant was when you get a rom all set up the way you want it sometimes you dont want to change it and would rather stick with what you got or something like that no offence

Here's one of the thread talking about the downloads being bad/fail.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-d2/135229-all-themes-liberty-theme-chooser-fail.html

Someone mentioned having your wifi on will have a better chance to download the theme file and will work.

Another also said that possibly the site that the themes are on is down most of the time. Leading it to fail on downloading themes or only getting partial downloads.

I would wait till Liberty 2.0 comes out and see their changelog for any issues addressed on possibly a fix on the bad theme downloads.

I've never personally download from the Toolbox because I like to place the theme file in a more respective folder rather than allowing it to download elsewhere and having to go find it in case I need to do something to it. I've always stuck to manually transferring it to my SD Card and putting it in a folder I created for such downloads to keep things tidy and not so messy on my SD Card.

+1 for widgetsoid. A super handy app. Love that you can put anything in the notification bar

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I think it may be because you skould flash the whole rom again and they dont want I love to flash sometimes I just start all over again just because I could

No offense but I have no idea what you just said.
What I meant was when you get a rom all set up the way you want it sometimes you dont want to change it and would rather stick with what you got or something like that no offence

I see. I know what you mean. In that case it is fine staying on an older ROM, while a new one is out and about. But if you start running into technical errors and such, then your last resort may be having to download the newest ROM unless you can reflash the older one again to fix issues. It all really depends. I've seen people still using older ROMs and inquiring on technical issues when the ROM creator hasn't even posted or answered questions on it for a whole year because they are onto new stuff and left behind their old stuff.

A day after Rummys fall. I hope he's doing well and that headach isn't as bad.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Well the thing about the toolbox is that the themes aren't always updated, or not even in there, like my theme. I personally would rather have peeps grab it from my theme thread, because the support IS there, and if I update something, its in the thread. Another issue with the toolbox theme downloader, is atm, themes are uploaded to Jrummy's server, thus I can't track the amount of downloads with my mediafire account.

Would be nice for themers to be able to add their themes, update, or fix issues to the Toolbox, for others to download/install, rather than Jrummy having to keep it updated himself. Would be a lot easier and keep track of everything or fix bad links.

Haven't seen an update today.... Just getting more exited.... any word?

Living Free, hopefully not Dying.

44bd2f5e-8c94-143d.jpg

sent from my liberated droid 2

Awesome set up lol

I follow him on twitter... Grrr didn't come through...

Living Free, hopefully not Dying.

thanks! it's the oreo slice theme. the best theme for liberty 1.5 in my opinion.

sent from my liberated droid 2

Completly off the subject but every time I go to the forum on my computer it takes me to the 1st page used to take me to the last is it my computer or the forum

Completly off the subject but every time I go to the forum on my computer it takes me to the 1st page used to take me to the last is it my computer or the forum
Clicking on the thread title takes me to first page (as expected), and clicking on the little diamond in front of the title takes me to the first unread post.

Hope that helps....

Back