New Launcher : ADW

Ok I downloaded the file and changed to update.zip and installed w/ sprecovery and it didnt error out at all and I rebooted and no luck! I also tried to install it just as an .apk but it only comes up as uninstall and I can't even do that says uninstall unsuccessful... HELP PLEASE!! I dont have Rom Manager or Root Explorer

I recommend using "home switcher" to switch home apps. Did you guys that install it try using that to switch to the "home" launcher? Mine didn't ask me to switch launchers and it seemed like it didn't do anything but I switched to "home" launcher using Home Switcher and it turned out to be the ADW Launcher.

I like it so far just wished the left and right icons weren't so small and that the line wasn't there at the bottom.

i am going to guess u all r running roms

tried it earlier today and could not get it to worl with rooted stock home

Another merge.........

This thread is going to EXPLODE......get to the choppa!!!

pilot i've been searching extensively all afternoon and have yet to see a person that this worked for that WASN'T using a rom, just fyi

For all those having problems with sprecovery and getting "installation aborted", I had the same thing. Just unzip the file with something like winrar and there's an .apk file inside. Just dump the .apk to your sdcard and intall with root explorer.

is using root explorer a must? i tried doing this with astro and was unsuccessful.

pilot i've been searching extensively all afternoon and have yet to see a person that this worked for that WASN'T using a rom, just fyi

been reading myself.........guess it is official for now. Just got to wait. I foolishly followed a bad lead and removed my launcher. now i cant get into my phone. hopefully i can restore from nandroid...because so far after wipng data/cache and rebooting i can not get into my google account.

Thank God for nandroid......

well i didnt read how to install it so i extracted it on my pc threw in my drop box folder downloaded it to my phone and installed it and it replaced my stock home
I did the EXACT same thing, even down to using dropbox LOL

Opened the zip, pulled out the .apk, put it in my dropbox folder, opened the dropbox app, downloaded the apk, installed it, pressed the home button, done.

thanks dude.

Thank God for nandroid......

Interesting...Perhaps there are necessary lib files that are in ROMs that aren't in stock that are required for it to work? You might be able to find it out and try copying it to your lib folder.

I remember reading that the Helix Launcher needed some lib files from the nexus one in order to work on our droids. Not entirely sure though, this was a while ago.

Back