New Launcher : ADW

starting to run really laggy for me and FCing a bit so im switching back to helix 1 till there is another update

I just installed as well and everything is great so far(the past two hours). Its really smooth and no fc's yet. The only issue is that it took all my stock wallpapers. Anyone have the zip file I can dl with all the wallpapers in it?

I just installed as well and everything is great so far(the past two hours). Its really smooth and no fc's yet. The only issue is that it took all my stock wallpapers. Anyone have the zip file I can dl with all the wallpapers in it?

Reactive - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery

here is one and you can always look through this

Droid Wallpapers - Droid Wallpapers, Droid Gallery

not sure if you will find all the stock wallpapers but you should find some and even some other you might like

wtf? i just noticed all my none live wallpaper have disappeared as well.

Yea that's what I was referring to. Small price to pay tho....this launcher is the shizzle.

****To those who can't figure out how to get the extra shortcuts press and hold the launcher button and you'll see some little arrows above it then flick it toward the arrow and drag and drop six more shortcuts...you can also do this with the app drawer open. Took me a minute to get that figured out, even after the help from here.

Why the heck can't I get this working? If I try installing from Clockwork recovery, I get force closes on the default Launcher. However if I try from installing from apk, it says "application not installed". I'm on rooted 2.1.

Why the heck can't I get this working? If I try installing from Clockwork recovery, I get force closes on the default Launcher. However if I try from installing from apk, it says "application not installed". I'm on rooted 2.1.

b/c you're on rooted 2.1 - it won't work on rooted stock - gotta have a rom...

i've been using it on BB1.0 for a day or two now and it runs REALLY well - only the occasional FC

however, I enjoy using rooted 2.1 more, so i'm hoping it will work on that at some point...

I installed by pulling the apk out of I installed it by first unzipping the folder and then I pulled the apk file and placed it in the
/system/app after I deleted the original launcher.apk. Then I lauched it just like any other apk. It worked for me and I love this launcher

I installed by pulling the apk out of I installed it by first unzipping the folder and then I pulled the apk file and placed it in the
/system/app after I deleted the original launcher.apk. Then I lauched it just like any other apk. It worked for me and I love this launcher

are you referring to my post? i.e. are you referring to getting it installed on rooted 2.1?

edit: i ask b/c if I could get this installed on rooted 2.1, that would be perfection...

Last edited:
Yes jnt, I was referring to yur post. I'm running bb though so I'm not sure if that will help but its worth a shot

no, afraid not... i'm talking about a straight up root of 2.1 with no rom installed - unfortunately ADW doesn't like that! :)

I am running Fabolus' NexBeast remix of ESE81, no overclocking. The ADW launcher is working really well for me. It's noticeably quicker to redraw the home screen after leaving memory-intensive apps like google maps, or the market. I also found that turning off LWP support sped things up a bit. Very happy with this vs. Helix 1.

Back