New Launcher : ADW

been running since last night. occasionally fc's when i hit the home button. if the bugs get worked out of this, this will be my new home dancedroid

If someone could make a transparent app drawer metamorph for this I would be really happy.

This is pretty cool, I've been running it for about a day now. Although, it did replace "home" without giving me an option to switch between them.

My only real issues with ADW are that the app drawer is slower than Helix for me (even without animation and without a transparent background) and my taskbar isn't transparent. :(

Otherwise it is pretty cool, it has a LOT of features built in.

Soly hits this is a nice launcher app...

Gonna have to stick with this one a bit.

Running nice so far.

Supports BetterCut too!

EDIT: Kinda weird. If I reboot, I lose the ADW launcher and the original SG launcher comes back. Also, turning off LWP support makes it more "snappy."

Last edited:
im in running simply stunning ESE53 tried running it as update.zip....no luck unzipped and tried running the launcher.apk it doesnt give me the option to install...just uninstall and launch. try to uninstall says it cant. try to launch...says error

Love this app! But I do have one issue - I use direct shortcuts to some contacts on a homescreen. When I touch a contact, the options appear at the top of the screen. This happening to anyone else? I am running bb1.0 with nextheme.

Soly hits this is a nice launcher app...

Gonna have to stick with this one a bit.

Running nice so far.

Supports BetterCut too!

EDIT: Kinda weird. If I reboot, I lose the ADW launcher and the original SG launcher comes back. Also, turning off LWP support makes it more "snappy."

You need to use clockwork mod and intall as a zip

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I installed using Clockworkmod, but trying to use the launcher just brings up a constant 'android.process.acore has quit unexpectedly' error.

I'm running 2.1 stock, rooted. Is ADW not compatible with it?

I installed using Clockworkmod, but trying to use the launcher just brings up a constant 'android.process.acore has quit unexpectedly' error.

Same config as you and same result

I do not know if this was mentioned or not but I am running Jrummy 07 and I have my phone overclocked at 1ghz using Bekit kernel and I had to dial it back to 800 for this to run smoothly. It does now, but i just wanted to point that out.

Same config as you and same result

havent seen it run on stock yet

I do not know if this was mentioned or not but I am running Jrummy 07 and I have my phone overclocked at 1ghz using Bekit kernel and I had to dial it back to 800 for this to run smoothly. It does now, but i just wanted to point that out.

im running jrummy .07 with a low voltage 7 slot 1ghz bekit kernel and it runs fine

I am running CM 507 test 0 and it installs and runs fine. It stores 8 shortcuts at the bottom: 2 in the main screen and 6 on dock....

Back