NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya , I just want to get rid of my Env Touch and get a smartphone. I'm getting which ever comes out first, so the TB. If someone held both phones in front of me and said "pick" I would close my eyes, spin around a few times, and randomly grab one.:):)
Hey, its like the iphone. If its cheap, outdated, and downright ugly people will by it.

Kinda like a LG enV

What do you mean by that?

^ lawlz 10

If the TB was really supposed to launch on 2/14 why is VZW just getting around to clearing inventory now? Shouldn't that have been done already??????

Why? Well for one who would buy the last gen handsets? Most consumers are pretty naive/uneducated with regards to cell phone tech. When something new releases(with the exception of the iphone) they most likely wont be aware of it until weeks after its release. They dont know the difference between DDR2, ROM's, or likely anything relating to that. If they promote the current droid line up for a 100 bucks a piece they are bound to sell them, and most folks will not know the difference between the one they "just got at a steal!!" and the one "that all those nerdy dudes talk about on the internet". For example some college chick walks in off the street and asks to purchase a droid:

VZW rep: Well which one mam?

Student: I dont know my girl friends have the one's with the funny looking back and the red camera. I want that one.

VZW rep: Okay youre lucky those are on sale for 99.99 and youre eledgible for an upgrade to your account. Im only seeing that we have 2 left, and the gentleman to your left is purchasing one of them.

Student: Awesome! Cant wait to show it to my friends tonite!! Omg Im like SOOO excited!! *pulls out credit card*

Rep smiles and completes sale.

Obviously this scenario is just that: a scenario. But scenes like this are where most of carriers sales come from. Very rarely do they get guys walking in talking their ear off about the new pyramid, and when the "insiders" are saying its going to be released. No, you will get those guys at Best Buy, or whatever.

So yes, they know they need to sell off most of the current droid lineup before they can release another handset. Chances are some corp dude looked at their current stock of smartphones, got kind of upset, made a important phone call, and delayed the blunderbolt so they could get their stocks down, and make the quarter look better.

In my opinion, they have likely had this phone ready for at least 2 weeks. Its all about money, sales, and new contracts. When thay have sold a satisfactory amount of last gen devices they will release the blunterbolt. Which, getting back on topic, is hopefully announced tomorrow!:icon_ banana:

Ya , I just want to get rid of my Env Touch and get a smartphone. I'm getting which ever comes out first, so the TB. If someone held both phones in front of me and said "pick" I would close my eyes, spin around a few times, and randomly grab one.:):)
Kinda like a LG enV

^ lawlz 10

Let me make this clear to you. I am a 13 year old boy, who 2 years ago the Env Touch because it was new, and the only smartphone options were all blackberries. Good memory though, I'm pretty sure I said that about 20 pages ago.

i called a small store today and they said the thunderbolt was delayed and prob would have it within 2 weeks, im like oh here we go again, its anyones guess

If the TB was really supposed to launch on 2/14 why is VZW just getting around to clearing inventory now? Shouldn't that have been done already??????

Kinda shooting themselves in the foot running all the TB adds. New great phone coming any day but come in and buy these year old phones instead??

Did VZW tell you it would be launched on 2/14?

No didn't mean to imply that they did. That is the one thing that nobody can accuse VZW of is giving a date.

Just that thier timing and the sequence that they have done things don't seem to make sense to me.

i called a small store today and they said the thunderbolt was delayed and prob would have it within 2 weeks, im like oh here we go again, its anyones guess

My advice: Don't trust them, whatcdo they know. I have heard a least a thousand "The family owned VZW says tomarrow!" Stories. Just because they are "small" doesn't mean they are honest and revealing. The "small" stores usually are less informed than the big ones.

Why? Well for one who would buy the last gen handsets? Most consumers are pretty naive/uneducated with regards to cell phone tech. When something new releases(with the exception of the iphone) they most likely wont be aware of it until weeks after its release. They dont know the difference between DDR2, ROM's, or likely anything relating to that. If they promote the current droid line up for a 100 bucks a piece they are bound to sell them, and most folks will not know the difference between the one they "just got at a steal!!" and the one "that all those nerdy dudes talk about on the internet". For example some college chick walks in off the street and asks to purchase a droid:

VZW rep: Well which one mam?

Student: I dont know my girl friends have the one's with the funny looking back and the red camera. I want that one.

VZW rep: Okay youre lucky those are on sale for 99.99 and youre eledgible for an upgrade to your account. Im only seeing that we have 2 left, and the gentleman to your left is purchasing one of them.

Student: Awesome! Cant wait to show it to my friends tonite!! Omg Im like SOOO excited!! *pulls out credit card*

Rep smiles and completes sale.

Obviously this scenario is just that: a scenario. But scenes like this are where most of carriers sales come from. Very rarely do they get guys walking in talking their ear off about the new pyramid, and when the "insiders" are saying its going to be released. No, you will get those guys at Best Buy, or whatever.

So yes, they know they need to sell off most of the current droid lineup before they can release another handset. Chances are some corp dude looked at their current stock of smartphones, got kind of upset, made a important phone call, and delayed the blunderbolt so they could get their stocks down, and make the quarter look better.

In my opinion, they have likely had this phone ready for at least 2 weeks. Its all about money, sales, and new contracts. When thay have sold a satisfactory amount of last gen devices they will release the blunterbolt. Which, getting back on topic, is hopefully announced tomorrow!:icon_ banana:

I see what you are saying. I guess I am looking at it from my point of view. My wife will say I think we should buy something so thing first thing I do is google it and research it. I hate making purchases without the facts, but I guess there are a ton of people who just buy the first thing they see.

Checking this thread for any updates every day. My roommate just upgraded his original droid to a droid x. I look forward to upgrading my original droid to the next released one. Hopefully soon.

I still say it will be out on the 10th. I fully expected the announcement today and I can't explain why it didn't happen, but I found it listed on Best Buys list for 3/10.

HTC ThunderBolt Best Buy Release Date [MARCH] [EXCLUSIVE] | Android Community

hahahaha hook you crack me up. You have posted that like three times! Gotta love a good distraction from complaining to keep us speculating. I do agree tho, the 10th is still a legitamit possibiity...

I haven't posted that screen shot but one time. If it's fake then it fooled me. But this is the first time I've posted it.

I still say it will be out on the 10th. I fully expected the announcement today and I can't explain why it didn't happen, but I found it listed on Best Buys list for 3/10.

HTC ThunderBolt Best Buy Release Date [MARCH] [EXCLUSIVE] | Android Community

hahahaha hook you crack me up. You have posted that like three times! Gotta love a good distraction from complaining to keep us speculating. I do agree tho, the 10th is still a legitamit possibiity...

I haven't posted that screen shot but one time. If it's fake then it fooled me. But this is the first time I've posted it.

It is fake. Unfortunately.

^ lawlz 10

Let me make this clear to you. I am a 13 year old boy, who 2 years ago the Env Touch because it was new, and the only smartphone options were all blackberries. Good memory though, I'm pretty sure I said that about 20 pages ago.

That explains somethings but not bashing iPhones with an enV in pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back