NEW: When Will the ThunderBolt be Available for Purchase?

When will it be available?

• Thursday, March 3rd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Friday, March 4th

• Thursday, March 10th

• Thursday, March 17th

• Later than March 17th

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i still belive that they were supposed to announce today. they just changed there mind for some reason. dont blame the insiders posting here, for vw indecision. they are giving us info as they get it.

I'm confused, why is everyone saying that "because they didnt announce it today, it wont come out next week." I thought that they only announce a few days before release, like monday or tues.

http://phones.verizonwireless.com/htc/thunderbolt/

At some point they will say what they want. Its headed our way for sure vzw is not on our time at all

As far as the merge goes... no answers fornthe why except it was a 3g device then an lte device now a 3g world phone. That's why leaks aren't always good. Hell stores sent back accessories for it now have to look at reordering them again.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SWEET!!!! THANK YOU MIAMI! was worried about that.

Don't buy into it too much. His "insider information" has all proven to be false in the past.

Ya seriously guys. If "Insider info" was true, the phone would've came out January 14th.

I feel cheap because I used this earlier this week but seriously ....
aefc92ff-3313-4267.jpg

SWEET!!!! THANK YOU MIAMI! was worried about that.

Don't buy into it too much. His "insider information" has all proven to be false in the past.

Ya seriously guys. If "Insider info" was true, the phone would've came out January 14th.
no if "insider info" was true this phone would of came out NOV 23rd nice job showin up late LOL:).... but other than BMX his is the only info worth listening to. so he was wrong in the past things change if it keeps getting pushed back it gets pushed back... so be it!! he was right on with other things!

Yeah, but those last 6 months before you're eligible for an upgrade could be painful considering what will probably be coming out a year from now.

True, but I get my upgrade on exactly March 7th, 2011. So yaaa, doesnt really apply.

Yes it does... when you get the TB you'll be locked in til March 2013 with a single 1ghz core. Since nVidia said they'd have quad-core devices by the end of this year.... nevermind...

Your crazy if you think a quad core cpu will be in a phone period in the next year and a half

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

BMX was right. St Patties day. omg i have to use this nokia for two more weeks at least...

I feel cheap because I used this earlier this week but seriously ....
aefc92ff-3313-4267.jpg

Just because it didn't come out today doesn't mean we have to wait much longer. I think the 10th was always the golden date. PLUS, VZW has said a lot of "Very soon" lately. They've at least said more than they usually do, lol.

True, but I get my upgrade on exactly March 7th, 2011. So yaaa, doesnt really apply.

Yes it does... when you get the TB you'll be locked in til March 2013 with a single 1ghz core. Since nVidia said they'd have quad-core devices by the end of this year.... nevermind...

Your crazy if you think a quad core cpu will be in a phone period in the next year and a half

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

My crazy what?

And since the Sony NGP is quad-core TI and it releases this December, I'm sure the phones will be out in no more than 12 months...

i still belive that they were supposed to announce today. they just changed there mind for some reason. dont blame the insiders posting here, for vw indecision. they are giving us info as they get it.

I hope you are joking.... You are- aren't you?? :icon_eek:

BMX was right. St Patties day. omg i have to use this nokia for two more weeks at least...

Link, Please? If I have to wait til the 17th I will be mad

Ok i will clarify. Logic dictates that if there is no announcement tomorrow and that is STILL quite possible, then release will postponed to the 17th. We are not quite out of the boat yet folks. There are some that are still adamantly insisting that tomorrow is the announcement since today was not. I would half expect an announcement tomorrow, and will regularly checking bgr, endgadget, etc throughout the day.

I know, i know, we are all tired of waiting for the announcement - but it is closer than we may think. Big red is READY to sell this phone. But as somebody qouted earlier, they are attempting to sell off the majority of their current droid line up, in order to make room for the next gen phones like the dinc2 and the blunderbolt.

This is literally a step by step process to getting this phone out the door.

1. Test phone to satisfaction as to reasonably long battery life. Check
2. Test phone's ability to make and recieve calls on both 3g and LTE. Check
3. Test for overall smooth operation, and good user experience. Check
4. Liquidate vast majority of last gen droid phones, to make room for successors. TBD
5. Determine introductory prices for the blunderbolt. Check

Once 'the house is in order' so to speak, big red will unleash the blunderbolt on us mere mortals for our greedy consumption! Now hopefully that is announced tommorrow(it IS still on the table.)

You guys might as well wait for Bionic or iP5. They willl both be 4g and dual-core. I honestly think the TB is a stillborn, its outdated before its even dated!!!

Thunderbolt beat the dual-core Bionic in Quadrant tests.

Actually the bionic and atrix beat the tb in quadrant scores. The problem was that even though quadrant showed the atrix as faster there was still a lot of lag and hesitattion that some users experience and it is believed to be a result of motoblur. The bionic should benefit from a lighter version of blur than what is on the atrix so it has potential to be even faster.

Link, Please? If I have to wait til the 17th I will be mad

Ok i will clarify. Logic dictates that if there is no announcement tomorrow and that is STILL quite possible, then release will postponed to the 17th. We are not quite out of the boat yet folks. There are some that are still adamantly insisting that tomorrow is the announcement since today was not. I would half expect an announcement tomorrow, and will regularly checking bgr, endgadget, etc throughout the day.

I know, i know, we are all tired of waiting for the announcement - but it is closer than we may think. Big red is READY to sell this phone. But as somebody qouted earlier, they are attempting to sell off the majority of their current droid line up, in order to make room for the next gen phones like the dinc2 and the blunderbolt.

This is literally a step by step process to getting this phone out the door.

1. Test phone to satisfaction as to reasonably long battery life. Check
2. Test phone's ability to make and recieve calls on both 3g and LTE. Check
3. Test for overall smooth operation, and good user experience. Check
4. Liquidate vast majority of last gen droid phones, to make room for successors. TBD
5. Determine introductory prices for the blunderbolt. Check

Once 'the house is in order' so to speak, big red will unleash the blunderbolt on us mere mortals for our greedy consumption! Now hopefully that is announced tommorrow(it IS still on the table.)

Why does it have to be announced tomarrow to be released on the 10th? Cant it still be announced on monday and be released on the 10th?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back