Next Droid update

All i can say is i hope there is another smaller update before 2.1 if it's jan 11th.. i welcome it.. but seeing as we expect 2.1 to come out in jan also, that it seems kinda iffy that they would do 2 updates the same month. Esp when they could just put the fixes into the 2.1 update.. which probably fixes them anyways.

All i can say is i hope there is another smaller update before 2.1 if it's jan 11th.. i welcome it.. but seeing as we expect 2.1 to come out in jan also, that it seems kinda iffy that they would do 2 updates the same month. Esp when they could just put the fixes into the 2.1 update.. which probably fixes them anyways.

Hey I understand that and thank you for not just flat out saying I'm an idiot for even thinking that. I just wanted to start a discussion on this.

And now ... dumb question time!

Why (or what) is FLAN, when referring to the 2.1 release?

I am a technoguru, was it just its codename? :)

And now ... dumb question time!

Why (or what) is FLAN, when referring to the 2.1 release?

I am a technoguru, was it just its codename? :)

This is Flan

Flan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and yes Google likes to give their OS's funky sweet names i.e. Donut, Eclair, Cupcake which are all good by the way : )

Damn guys, no need to attack him. He was just repeating something he heard from a Verizon rep. I'm sure most of us were inclined to believe what a Verizon rep told us when we were new to the carrier and or smartphones.

Regardless of when the release is, I'm excited... Though I think I'd be more excited about a Facebook update. :p

Anyways, after years and years of being on countless internet forums, chat rooms, blogs and whatnot... The only advice I have for everyone here is regardless of what you say, someone else will say something different. Some may say it in a considerate way, but the internet is notorious for being a place where people feel more powerful, more confident and sometimes more edgy and mean. Not accusing anyone here of that, but it WILL happen almost everywhere you go online. With that said, I can understand your feeling attacked, but I'm also a strong believer that it can be shrugged off just as easy as getting upset over it. After all, it is just the internet. No one here is forcing anyone to believe anything. Even better, with the internet as anonymous as it is, there's no proof that the person on the other side that may possibly be angering you is as righteous as they are making themselves out to be.

Actually, I think I got way into that post. Sorry if it offends anyone. Not taking anyone's side, just voicing (typing) my opinions on the internet culture.

Anyways, back on topic... While I was using my Blackberry I learned that unless you've got someone pretty high up in the business, a wireless provider employee is usually less-likely to know about future updates than communities dedicated to the phone in question. Most wireless reps like phones, but its still just a job and here in America, who actually tries to go above and beyond at work? Hell, if they get a commission off of a deal they'll straight out lie. :p

Dear Stigy,

Very disappointed by your reaction to one member calling another a fool for no apparent reason. It is offensive and unacceptable. Is this really the kind of forum that we want?

all been taken too personally.... rumors are rumors for a reason... they're different from person to person because there's no 'official' word. Take it with a grain of salt and continue on your day. :) We're all here to help... not quarrel.

I just hoping it will know out one of my issues as I still cannot use the voice dialer, cannot move old email to folders and I must pull the keyboard out when I rotate the phone to see my default screen in landscape. Any or all of these and it's a winner!

Hopefully they will fix the email client for pop and imap, I would have much rather of had that fix then the damn camera.

When I forward inline attachment emails with pics in the client it is still stripping off the attachments.

And now gmail is taking any where between 2- 6 hours to synch with setting up those accounts as labels in there.

So I have to go out and pay for a half way decent email client for this now.

Last edited:
Well, I have to correct myself on my previous problems on email, I had setup my yahoo account with imap and it had seemed to bee working fine but it had taken over as my default email for sending.
I turned it off things seems to be working fine for a couple of hours then things went south again.

I check the settings.. yahoo had set itself for the default client again. Strange

I just removed the whole yahoo imap account off and now my droid is happy again with email.:motdroidhoriz:

Back