[ROM] [NIGHTLY] UNOFFICIAL CM9/ICS For Droid 4 For MotoICS Leak

If you are trying from you phone.... you should load the page as a desktop site. It will prevent that bar on the bottom from covering up the latest build

It just says failed every time. All the others worked fine.

Melatonin said:
It just says failed every time. All the others worked fine.

Try long pressing on it and then "save link". It downloads just fine for me.

Droid_Boi86 said:
I'm new to NIGHTLIES...

So what's the process? Of flashing. Do u jus flash right over the existing?..

What are you running? Stock GB?

Droid_Boi86 said:
I have the 7/8 nightly installed..
Was wondering if I would flash right over...

EDIT: found my way...:))

You can flash nightlies without wiping anything and you should still have your data and settings.

Running the 7/13 nightly and have only had minor issues:
-Sometimes system apps will FC or freeze particularly the camera
-Play store will sometimes have issues opening and searching (it will open then close without showing anything)
-When you lock the screen the animation is centered towards the bottom (not so much an issue just a minor annoyance)
-And obviously the screen still zooms out and zooms in when you rotate or open the keyboard

However on a positive note alot of the features are working correctly. I havent had any data issues except when i switch to cdma/lte.

Okay, guys. Just updated my phone to the Leaked version (6.16.12). Rooted my phone using [ROOT][HOW-TO]Working Root Method for ICS 4.0.4 - xda-developers

Installed safestrap 2.0 for droid 4 to get everything going, but it isn't working. I open it up, select 'Install Recovery', the percentage jumps from 0 to 90 really fast, and it says 'Installation Complete' but the Recovery State continues to show: Not Installed.
It asks for and is granted superuser permissions during the process.
The root appears to be working fine (that was my first thought)
I've rebooted several times just to make sure it wasn't installed.
Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind, bad root was the issue. Used http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-4-hacks/212307-droid-4-utility-updated.html
and it worked like a charm.
Thanks!

Last edited:
capacitive home button

On the latest build, does the capacitive home button work?

On the latest build, does the capacitive home button work?

I've asked about this as well, and no one seems to have run into the issue. If your cm9 boots up with a white looking background, then the home screen will work as will a couple other features.. if it boots into the rainbowish looking galaxy background, your home screen button will not work, and almost all of your apps will fail. As will Google play. And you will not receive incoming phone calls. I've found a slight fix.. you'll have to delete your cache, delvick cache and factory reset. Try not to modify the phone further and you should be fine. I just rebooted into stock ics.

I've asked about this as well, and no one seems to have run into the issue. If your cm9 boots up with a white looking background, then the home screen will work as will a couple other features.. if it boots into the rainbowish looking galaxy background, your home screen button will not work, and almost all of your apps will fail. As will Google play. And you will not receive incoming phone calls. I've found a slight fix.. you'll have to delete your cache, delvick cache and factory reset. Try not to modify the phone further and you should be fine. I just rebooted into stock ics.

Any idea as to what would cause this? I have never seen the rainbow background (maybe because i always wipe everything). But i did find that after two days of running the 7/13 build that any camera or gallery related app would say cannot connect to camera and then would affect nearly every other app installed like google play, dialer, and other system apps. They would open up and show nothing but the borders and outlines. And to add insult to injury the phone would reboot automatically. As of now i have reflashed everything and its working fine. I am attributing the issue to the app Scalado gallery because everything was fine until i installed that. I can see why the camera would be messed up but as far as the other system apps im not sure what the relation could be.

Not sure what would cause it.. but I'll see if I can figure anything out. I kinda don't want to go back, cause I missed my swipe and my wifi connections. (Avoided due to bad connection... even though I had a full wifi connection status..) I just don't want to deal with it you know?
If I knew how to develop roms I would love to help, but I have no working knowledge. If you figure anything out let me know..

I flashed the 7/13 ROM this morning and haven't noticed any real issues. So far two things stand out, I no longer needed to turn airplane mode on then off after I reboot the phone for data to work. The other item is that I noticed, the phone doesn't lock immediately when pressing the power button even though I have it set to do that. I believe this is related to an app(Setting Profiles Full) though which is now failing on boot.

I'm also on 7/13 and here are the issues I've run across -

- The keyboard lighting setting ignores whether or not the keyboard is out or not. If the brightness setting requests that it be on, it will be on, despite the keyboard not being "out". This obviously doesn't help battery life.
- Youtube doesn't work. It also crashes on start up and I'm unable to disable it in ROM Toolbox Pro.
- Occasionally, when I boot up, it starts in GSM mode or airplane mode ON. It's not a big deal, though. A quick switch to the proper mode and turning off airplane mode doesn't bother me too much.

On a side note... any reason why the nightlies aren't being created "nightly" anymore? I know for a while Hashcode turned them off, but I figured they'd be back on after the 7/13 one. Just curious. :)

Back