No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

I too started having trouble with data loss and no 4G or 3G this morning. Apparently, the verizon techs are aware of the issue and stated that I should take the phone back as not all Bionics are experiencing the problem. With that being said, I decided to take a look on here and good thing I did. As I was looking through this thread and found the post about going to the data delivery section under the Battery and data manager to see if the data enabled box was checked. I found that mine was not checked. Once I did that 3G came back on (I don't live in a 4G area) and data connection was restored. Tomorrow is the end of my 14 days and not sure if I should take the phone back or not and get a new one or a different droid....I have noticed that there are times when the 3G goes out and goes to 1X. Thinking I might take it back and see what Verizon says. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I too started having trouble with data loss and no 4G or 3G this morning. Apparently, the verizon techs are aware of the issue and stated that I should take the phone back as not all Bionics are experiencing the problem. With that being said, I decided to take a look on here and good thing I did. As I was looking through this thread and found the post about going to the data delivery section under the Battery and data manager to see if the data enabled box was checked. I found that mine was not checked. Once I did that 3G came back on (I don't live in a 4G area) and data connection was restored. Tomorrow is the end of my 14 days and not sure if I should take the phone back or not and get a new one or a different droid....I have noticed that there are times when the 3G goes out and goes to 1X. Thinking I might take it back and see what Verizon says. Any thoughts? Thanks.

It's a hard choice. There is an issue and it is going to be addressed in an update sometime. So it's either waiting it out and hoping the update fixes it or get a new one and hope it fixes it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Went over to the Verizon store to see about a sim card replacement.

Was lucky to get a manager. Anyways he called tech and long story short it was all network end. They did some switch turning on/off and hopefully it will fix it. If not then return.

Hmmm... when the bionic first came out there was a lot of issues activating it. Even I had issues trying to activate mine last week. I wonder if it is related?

from what you said , i'm assuming that what your worry is more on the networks(Verizon) ability to provide a constant level of 3g and 4g data connectivity. so i think even if your switched phones you will still encounter the same problem. changing phones for me really depends on how/what you want to use that phone for, my previous phone was lg voyager and i held off on upgrading with Verizon for a couple of years as the phones coming out did not meet my needs or what i was looking for, and now i got the bionic from Verizon even though i know nexus prime and iphone5 are due to come out in coming months. i have a unlimited data plan but i mostly only use the WiFi feature of of the bionic and always turn off the 4g and only turn it back on when wifi is not available. i like the phone it is a fast phone for me anything faster would be meaning less a you should get a Tablet instead as not to waste your money on a mini upgrade. i didnt get a tablet as i see tablets as a mobile device good enough as a replacement for my pc(and this is a Very Old PC), for me current design and features does not offer anything close to that yet. prime offers slightly better specs, and iphone 5 automatically failed for me cause whether it had 4g was still an unknown at the time. when i went to a small Asian country with my 3g lg Voyager last "2009" 4g was already available there. this is the only thing i can say , 3g will be none existent in comparison to 4g its almost as fast as my home network. so in terms of network wise Verizon is currently leading all other network providers here in the US, as i see it the only difference between the networks in terms of signal strengths is where they started building there cell sites. as no one is that rich as to build sites all over the US yet in a blink of an eye. so to answer your question. the choice is yours and yours alone, and i think you'll still be charged a restocking $35 fee even if you return it within 14days. but if your getting a new phone what you should check during trial periods are the signal strength being provided in areas that you frequent. 1.) return it if phone functions does not meet what you need/ and require of a phone. 2.) would recommend getting another very cheap none network phone that you can use anywhere else. if your keeping bionic. 3.) would not recommend getting a higher priced better spec'd phone at the moment not useless they are offering a new innovative useful technology(and i don't mean software wise), Get a Tablet Instead. hoping that this helps you in making your choice

For people having issues with LTE. Have you tried going to vzw and requesting a new Sim Card? I've heard from a few people that this MAY fix the problem.

A lot of T-bolt owners were successful taking that approach - wonder why VZW stores are not recommending that -cheap & easy to try...

A lot of T-bolt owners were successful taking that approach - wonder why VZW stores are not recommending that -cheap & easy to try...

When I went they did something network end instead of swapping SIMs.

I had the Bionic for about 1.5-2 weeks and after flying (and placing phone in airplane mode) 3g/4g would not come back on. No data at all. I tried all the usual things. Went to Verizon store, where they tried the usual things as well, plus their work around was to turn airplane mode off, then on, then something with the 4g off / cdma...not quite sure what that was about...long story (about 1.5 hours worth of waiting) they gave me a new one. They said it was a known bug, and "it will just happen again with this one"...confidence there! Everything has been fine since. Although I haven't gotten any 4g signal, but it may be that I'm not in a 4g area right now. A fix should be out in Nov...so they say!

So after going to the vzw store Friday and having them do that switch thing all things have gone great!

NO lost data on Saturday! Which to me is good cause I'll usually lose it twice a day, and today has been good!

But now I'm worried about switching on airplane mode...since my troubles all started when I did that the first time -- of course it could have been coincidence.

I had the Bionic for about 1.5-2 weeks and after flying (and placing phone in airplane mode) 3g/4g would not come back on. No data at all. I tried all the usual things. Went to Verizon store, where they tried the usual things as well, plus their work around was to turn airplane mode off, then on, then something with the 4g off / cdma...not quite sure what that was about...long story (about 1.5 hours worth of waiting) they gave me a new one. They said it was a known bug, and "it will just happen again with this one"...confidence there! Everything has been fine since. Although I haven't gotten any 4g signal, but it may be that I'm not in a 4g area right now. A fix should be out in Nov...so they say!

Funny, same exact thing happened to me. Was fine for 2 weeks, flew from NY to FL. Was in and out of 4G coverage the whole time. The day I left FL I completely lost all data, went to Verizon the next day and they did all the same stuff, gave me a new phone/sim. Except they said they had never heard of this, and my phone was the first they had heard of it. The new phone is still doing the same thing while use apps that require constant data usage. It actually dropped all data like 30 minutes after I left the store while re downloading my apps from the market. I have been using the "Restart Connections" app to fix it. Really hoping they come out with a better fix for it than this.

edit: The first phone would not respond to any of the fixes though, data was completely gone no matter what we tried. I'm just hoping that doesn't happen again.

Mine it's still having issues. There problems I'm seeing is while on 3/4g the icon and bar icon will be frozen giving illusion of having service but when using any data it gives not connected. Doing a airplane mode on off works or reboot. Any one else's doing this symptom?

Just lost data. First time since Friday morning.

Unless it continues like it used to I'll just wait for the update to come out.

I got frustrated a few days ago. 3g froze in the arrow up position and couldn't get data for 10 minutes. Did airplane on off, reboot, battery pull 3 times and still no data. I was about to pay verizon a visit. But magically after doing an airplane on off along with a battery pull... it came back on. This phone is seriously in need of a fix asap. I just turned on wifi to check my fb quicker and when I turned it off... no 3g... just a frozen 3g icon in white for 5 minutes. Restarted phone and now 3g is back. Very finicky phone.

I got frustrated a few days ago. 3g froze in the arrow up position and couldn't get data for 10 minutes. Did airplane on off, reboot, battery pull 3 times and still no data. I was about to pay verizon a visit. But magically after doing an airplane on off along with a battery pull... it came back on. This phone is seriously in need of a fix asap. I just turned on wifi to check my fb quicker and when I turned it off... no 3g... just a frozen 3g icon in white for 5 minutes. Restarted phone and now 3g is back. Very finicky phone.

Have you done a replacement yet?

Back