No 4G / 3G or network connection after waking PLEASE HELP

No replacement yet. I have faith that the upcoming OTA will solve some of the issues. I'll just wait and see.

You could also try the factory reset option and see if that doesn't fix it. I'm going to give a replacement a try.

I find it odd that some bionic users have this issue while others don't.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

You could also try the factory reset option and see if that doesn't fix it. I'm going to give a replacement a try.

I find it odd that some bionic users have this issue while others don't.

Let me know if the replacement has the same problems. If it doesn't i'll rush back to get a new one. Thanks.

Let me know if the replacement has the same problems. If it doesn't i'll rush back to get a new one. Thanks.

I will. There are some people who have posted success here with replacements. Also Kellex of DROID life had similar issues and a replacement fixed it.

OK, so I did the factory reset thing and did not recover data from Google as per the suggestion by someone on here. It seems to have improved but not completely fixed the problem and my GPS still sucks badly. The data on/off worked fine while at home & with local travel (last time I lost data and it did not come back without a WiFi on/off). Now I am on the road and again data was OK after a flight, but when I got to my hotel data was gone & I could not make a phone call. The usual on/off stuff didnt work but when I switched the phone off, everything came back and I havent lost it since (although I havent left the hotel yet). Will be interested to see how the day goes as I am driving around in some fairly remote areas.

Contact Verizon

If you have a bionic and it loses its signal, call verizon and tell them. Have them send it on to motorola so the problem can be fixed!!

If you have a bionic and it loses its signal, call verizon and tell them. Have them send it on to motorola so the problem can be fixed!!

I did and they said it was a known issue which would be fixed in November. They transfered me to Motorola who said they were not aware of the problem.

I did and they said it was a known issue which would be fixed in November. They transfered me to Motorola who said they were not aware of the problem.

It's typical fragment. When I was at my local vzw store the manager had never heard of the issue and it wasn't in their issue database.

I wouldn't be surprise if Moto hasn't released anything to their CSR. Most of the time a CSR response is based on either what another rep is saying or how many calls they've got.

I used to work at a call center and we only got notified about issues when either the issue was huge or there was a solution.

Based on what I've read the issue only effects a certain amount of users. My guess is Moto and Vzw doesn't feel it warents their staff knowing.

Just my .2 based on my CSR experience.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

It's typical fragment. When I was at my local vzw store the manager had never heard of the issue and it wasn't in their issue database.

I wouldn't be surprise if Moto hasn't released anything to their CSR. Most of the time a CSR response is based on either what another rep is saying or how many calls they've got.

I used to work at a call center and we only got notified about issues when either the issue was huge or there was a solution.

Based on what I've read the issue only effects a certain amount of users. My guess is Moto and Vzw doesn't feel it warents their staff knowing.

Just my .2 based on my car experience.

i agree, i think the issue is huge, i think its on ALL Bionic phones, remembers that only a very few people post here and many people dont even know about this forum and many people just read this and dont contribute.

there is no question in my mind that VZ and MOT know all about this, this is way to big for them not to know,
1. they either dont give a $h1t about us.
2. they dont have a fix.

my geuss is that they dont give a $h1t. i am sure they have a fix by now.

people that think they have a fix for this (getting a new unit, or tweak this or that) and they post it, remember that when it works for 2 minutes its not fix yet, it worked for 2 minutes before you tweaked it. the only time this would get fixed is when VZ pushes a new software/firmware release to everyone.

Ok since my issue this is what I do: while I'm at my house I'll turn on wifi and leave just cdma on for 3g cuz of weak 4g there. When i wake up and on my way to work I'll shut off wifi and turn cdma/lte on and toggle airplane mode for about 15sec. And then airplane mode off(should see a triangle for a few). I've figured out that where I have strong 4g the 3g is just about absent and when wifi is on then turned off data won't come back til i toggle airplane mode. At my house i leave cdma on with wifi cuz seems if I have one or the other ill miss data. Obv. I turn wifi off when I leave cuz of scanning and bat.drain. Hope this makes sense and hope they fix cuz i shouldn't have to toggle airplane mode all the time. If anybody doesn't know, toggling airplane mode refreshes whatever data setting is on. IMO I think the 3 different data connections are running into each other and trying to leach on what they can without resetting.

This is the third bionic that I have had in twelve days, each one had different issues but they all had trouble switching from 4g to 3g. "third times the charm." Wrong!!! This one has more issues than the first two. It only rings right after a battery pull witch I have to do daily. They should have scrapped the phone for a second time and released it in full working order. Bionic is just an x2 with 4g. I'm going back to my charge it was slow but it worked. A better phone will be out by the time its truly fixed anyway.

same problem with mine too first i get 3g with 3 bars the it swithces to 4g one bar and then nothing i get this no network conection message its just getting on my nervs

So sent it back to letstalk Tuesday. I'm hoping they send out a replacement soon. Back on my OG and it's killing me. Miss the speed of the bionic.

Everything is so compact on this.

For what's its worth, After having my bionic for a week started to lose my data connection (seemed to always be a 3G connection) after I hung up a call. I am 36 hours without a loss after installing the Th3ory ROM. Not sure there was a "Fix" in there specifically for that or it was by luck that the offending item was removed.

This is really becoming a major letdown. I really wonder why ths issue isn't really getting that much attention.

Me too...same problem

Back