****Official FroYo Rollout Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received confirmation that the OTA has been stopped. Apparently the build they are sending out is buggy. There will be a new OTA with a different build sent out.

Hey Hook - A new, less buggy build is a great thing. Any word on what that means for a deployment date??

Haven't received the update, but I use Helix Launcher for the 5 screens. Now that the stock home will have 5 screens, are there any advantages to using Helix?

I do like the docked icons at the bottom that appear on every screen. Does the new 5 screen have something similar where you can dock frequently used apps?
I still like Helix the best. Right now, I have to force close once when I hit the home screen button, but the second time always works. The stock home screen only has two buttons (phone and browser) on the bottom line and you can't change them. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong.) The home screen still doesn't rotate. I really like the way Helix lets you tap the screen and see which one you are on, and go directly to any other. Hope there is a update to Helix soon. I tried LauncherPro and wasn't that impressed.

hey guys so what's the deal with the USB tethering? i see the option but am not sure if its locked down, etc?

I've waited this long, I think I can make it another week. I still have to wait till November till I can get the X dancedroid. Seem to be doing a lot of waiting these days....

According to My Verizon I'm not eligible for an upgrade till November of next year. I can't figure this, cos VZW told me I could get some deal after a year, and that would be March not November.
Not going to worry about it though if I'm pleased with Froyo.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Is it true that a Facebook bug that causes battery drain is the cause of stopping Froyo in it's tracks?

Running a taskiller and Froyo seems to be the biggest issue for battery drain. If you have a taskiller running remove it.

Chris

Is it true that a Facebook bug that causes battery drain is the cause of stopping Froyo in it's tracks?

That doesn't make sense -- after I updated to Froyo, I had the same version of FB I did before (I think)....I happened to read somewhere that there was a newer version of FB, went to the market, and sure enough, the FB update was there....but IIRC, the updated FB didn't come with Froyo....

That doesn't make sense -- after I updated to Froyo, I had the same version of FB I did before (I think)....I happened to read somewhere that there was a newer version of FB, went to the market, and sure enough, the FB update was there....but IIRC, the updated FB didn't come with Froyo....

Same here - FB 1.2 after doing Froyo update. I then updated FB to 1.3. No issues with that either.

FB has nothing to with with the rumored update stoppage.

A Facebook bug could indeed cause the battery to drain. There have been a number of blog posts going into detail on how this is possible and I myself have seen my "Wake Lock" battery consumption skyrocket due to Facebook use totally out of proportion to any other service. I uninstalled FB and will see how my phone fairs tomorrow.

Just found the link online to download the update and did... so far so good. :icon_ banana:

Anyone heard anything about those of us that manually updated. Will we get the bug fix froyo OTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back