****Official FroYo Rollout Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that they would just put up a web site and post notices as to what is going on. NOT! I think maybe they let people do what is happening and have someone monitor sites like this and watch the switch board light up etc.

Chris

You would think that they would just put up a web site and post notices as to what is going on. NOT! I think maybe they let people do what is happening and have someone monitor sites like this and watch the switch board light up etc.

Chris

You do realize that the vast majority of droid users know nothing of this update and either won't care or won't even notice when it happens, right? They are not going to do extra work just to please the very small percentage of hardcore users.

Chris

Or why Verizon doesn't have a link on the MyVerizon page to give us something official and let us know what's going on. If you do a google on Android 2.2 you get stuff from May, there's nothing officially current out there (that I can find anyway). I'm waiting for the final version 2.2 OTA but am getting a little frustrated.

Chris

Or why Verizon doesn't have a link on the MyVerizon page to give us something official and let us know what's going on. If you do a google on Android 2.2 you get stuff from May, there's nothing officially current out there (that I can find anyway). I'm waiting for the final version 2.2 OTA but am getting a little frustrated.

What you have to remember is the vast majority of Droid owners have absolutely no clue that there is even an update available. They won't know until it pops up on their Droids

They have announced that it's coming, word is it will be next week however I can't a confirmation on that. As soon as we have something concrete on it we will let you know.

Chris

What you have to remember is the vast majority of Droid owners have absolutely no clue that there is even an update available. They won't know until it pops up on their Droids

They have announced that it's coming, word is it will be next week however I can't a confirmation on that. As soon as we have something concrete on it we will let you know.

I knew I could could on this site :).

Chris

Thanks Hook!

Thanks Hook!

Well, the news is not good. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-update-droid-1-future-updates-uncertain.html

We are back to square 1 unfortunately.

If you want current and accurate information, go to one of the user group sites like Android Central. The information on this site is generated by what seems to be mostly kids. Verizon will come out with Froyo 2.2. Looks to be August 12th - but hey who knows. I forced the upgrade and I am experiencing no real issues. Flash is a little flaky but its beta anyway. Overall I really like the improvements and would rather have what I do now than 2.1.

So there goes any hope of a birthday present. Now I feel even more worthless and unappreciated. :sad:

Re-stickied, due to news the rollout has resumed. Please visit the OP of this thread if seeking answers, and pm me or mods with anything you think should be included in OP. Thanks! :) :icon_ banana:

Re-stickied, due to news the rollout has resumed. Please visit the OP of this thread if seeking answers, and pm me or mods with anything you think should be included in OP. Thanks! :) :icon_ banana:

News that the rollout has resumed?? Or just bumped back to 8/12??

So, does that mean we have reports -- except from that one dude "John Galt" -- that a number of Droid 1 owners have actually started getting the "second wave" OTA?

Are there real reports of this? And, if so, will they be posted in this thread or somewhere else. Really want to follow that progress...Thanks.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back