[Official] Help and Support for JRummy Roms

No one has my battery problem from two posts back?
i have a battery problemi get max 5-7 hrs and thats with moderate use. i really love the theme options and the script ui, i dont really wanna change back to ultimate droid, but if i cant resolve the battery issues then i may need to switch back...

i have a battery problemi get max 5-7 hrs and thats with moderate use. i really love the theme options and the script ui, i dont really wanna change back to ultimate droid, but if i cant resolve the battery issues then i may need to switch back...

I am likely going to stay with it until there is a fix, but I think more people need to mention it. Then it may be worth Jrummy looking into. I love his roms, this one just seems to dwindle in the energy department.

I am likely going to stay with it until there is a fix, but I think more people need to mention it. Then it may be worth Jrummy looking into. I love his roms, this one just seems to dwindle in the energy department.

another new prob with loc in apps i just downloaded the new seesmic app and attempted to attach loc info but did not get lock, i thought it would be rom as a coworker's stock droid was able to get a lock, so i installed cm6.0 and i got a lock right away, also tried using twicca with Kangerade 5.0.9 and same issue....:icon_eek:

I'm having widget issues now.

Some widgets display but just stop working (FB and Twitter, you click them nothing happens) and others stop loading ("Problem loading widget") and when I go to re add the widget I find that the widget is missing from the widget list (Android Agenda, Mixzing). Uninstall and reinstall the app, and the widget works again for a while, and then goes back to being missing.

Any ideas?

Hmmm.
This is the error i get when i try to install the blueberry rom.

assert failed: get.prod("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprod("ro.build.product") == "sholes"
E:Error in /sd/kangerade-5.0.9-Blue_theme.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I tried renaming the zip to update.zip as well. I have the zip in the root of the sd card.
Don't know what i'm doing wrong. Any help is apreciated.

First let me say I love ur roms and have been using since Kang 1.1

Problem started after install with the market taking forever to load. Front page, My Downloads, and app descriptions took a good min to load up. Was able to fix that when I used market doctor feature on Titanium Backup.

Problem now is only when downloading apps or updates that they take forever to download. >1mb takes at least a min. I have great 3g coverage and have tried on Wifi too. Never had a problem until 5.0.9. Thanks in advance for your help

Info:
Lime Kangerade 5.0.9
2x wipe before. Came from 4.0.?
ChevyNo1. ULV 1GHz v2.6.32
C_01.43.01P Baseband

Alright so im coming from BB 0.4 and for some reason everytime i try to install this rom it keeps tellin me it cant open the file and its bad. PLEASE HELP!!

I am currently using kangerade 5.0.9 and I really like this rom, but I have noticed an issue with the battery draining a lot when I power the phone off. for example: I power the phone off when I go to work and it has 90% battery, then when I leave work about 8 hours later it only has 20%. This doesn't seem to happen every time, but it happens about half the time. any idea whats going on and how to fix it?

I saw some posts about wifi not working on the latest rom. Is there a fix? I can connect but it isn't working.

First of all let me apologize for this double post (I posted this same question in the 5.09 thread) but I have not been able to get any answers yet. So hopefully someone in the help thread will have a fix for this....

Ok I'm loving this ROM so far. I just noticed though that I can't send or receive MMS. I don't send or receive pix or other MMS much so I don't know if I had this issue before on other ROMS. I searched this thread for "MMS" and nothing came back but I didn't read all the posts. So either no one else is or they are talking about it some other way. Is there a simple fix for this that I'm missing? BTW I use Handcent for my SMS/MMS and selected Delete MMS when I installed through ROM Manager. Could that be the issue? If so do I need to reinstall the whole ROM or what?

UPDATE: Well I redownloaded this ROM from RM and this time didn't delete MMS, and it still doesn't work when I try to send or receive pictures. Anyone have any ideas?

I am running Kang 5.0.9, Daiquiri Ice Theme. I have been on Kangerade for a while, but I wiped and flashed the new stock build, I had some issues so I wiped and flashed back to Kangerade Wednesday. When it came back up the sync indicator came on and wouldn't turn off. Well it has turned off, but only when I lost signal for an extended period of time. I tried reflashing yesterday and it is doing the same thing, it stays on when I connect wifi too. It has been on for over 24 hours now. I can't figure out what is syncing or why. I checked my accounts and sync and it doesn't show any of them syncing. Any ideas?

1. No matter what boot animation I use and install manually, I can't get rid of the default Droid red eye.
2. Scripts for flashing clockwork & to silence camera sound does not work
3. Flash is not working properly
4. Rom runs my phone a bit hot

Running 5.0.9 with green metal theme and Chevy lv 1100 kernel

Jrummy,

I realize you are a busy man, but can you or someone else help me on this issue?? I don't want to have to switch to someone else's ROM, but I don't want to be without MMS either. You and your ROM's have always been great which is why I've donated to your cause. If you can't help at least let me know you can't.

First of all let me apologize for this double post (I posted this same question in the 5.09 thread) but I have not been able to get any answers yet. So hopefully someone in the help thread will have a fix for this....

Ok I'm loving this ROM so far. I just noticed though that I can't send or receive MMS. I don't send or receive pix or other MMS much so I don't know if I had this issue before on other ROMS. I searched this thread for "MMS" and nothing came back but I didn't read all the posts. So either no one else is or they are talking about it some other way. Is there a simple fix for this that I'm missing? BTW I use Handcent for my SMS/MMS and selected Delete MMS when I installed through ROM Manager. Could that be the issue? If so do I need to reinstall the whole ROM or what?

UPDATE: Well I redownloaded this ROM from RM and this time didn't delete MMS, and it still doesn't work when I try to send or receive pictures. Anyone have any ideas?

JRummy / All,

I just rooted my Droid 1 finally and decided to try custom ROMS. In installed Froyo Kangerade v5.0.9 through ROM Manager. I have the red theme and it is great!

Only issue I have is with the internet for one particular site. I try to go to CJ - A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing Programs, Online Advertising and Search Engine Marketing (Commission Junction) and it does not come up and give me an error.

I had installed BB before and i know that updated the DNS to Google DNS but I was having the same issue then just for this one site. When I installed Kangerade, i did the flashing of data and cache...i flashed the data 3 times to be safe.

What could the issue be? I have the same issue when i connect to my wifi....help please!

ZooMob

JRummy / All,

I just rooted my Droid 1 finally and decided to try custom ROMS. In installed Froyo Kangerade v5.0.9 through ROM Manager. I have the red theme and it is great!

Only issue I have is with the internet for one particular site. I try to go to CJ - A Global Leader in Affiliate Marketing Programs, Online Advertising and Search Engine Marketing (Commission Junction) and it does not come up and give me an error.

I had installed BB before and i know that updated the DNS to Google DNS but I was having the same issue then just for this one site. When I installed Kangerade, i did the flashing of data and cache...i flashed the data 3 times to be safe.

What could the issue be? I have the same issue when i connect to my wifi....help please!

ZooMob

Lol...I got the same error..so I went to Google and looked at a cached page and seen just how large a page it was. Then I realized all those ads would be a problem to load since I have adblock turned on. So I turned adblock off with kangerade scripts and tried the page again. Low and behold it works. It considered the whole page an ad and blocked it.

Back