(release) themed handcent

ok,its pretty simple if you have the autosign set up,so when you right click on an .apk in the pop up option at the top you see "resign apk". so if you do then this is what you do. after modifying the apk and renamed it to lets say goldswype.apk, right click it and resign it,then rename it to goldswype.zip,open it up and go into META-INF folder. in there you will see these files
CERT.RSA
CERT.SF
MANIFEST.MF
SWYPE-AN.RSA<----------DELET THIS FILE
SWYPE-AN.SF<--------DELET THIS FILE

THEN JUST RENAME IT TO .APK and install with your prefered method

as a side not before you ever resign it the files will look like this.
MANIFEST.MF
SWYPE-AN.RSA
SWYPE-AN.SF
when you resign it you add the cert.files

Thank you so much. Give this a shot when I get home from this easter car ride... ahhg

before i did it this way

MANIFEST.MF<--------------
SWYPE-AN.RSA<------------ files before i resigned
SWYPE-AN.SF<-------------

click resigned

CERT.RSA<---------
CERT.SF<---------files after i signed
MANIFEST.MF<-----------
SWYPE-AN.RSA<----------
SWYPE-AN.SF<--------

then i would do this

CERT.RSA<--------renamed to SWYPE-AN.RSA
CERT.SF<---------SWYPE-AN.SF
MANIFEST.MF

then i tested it and found out all i had to do was

PLEASE STOP handing out the swype beta apk!!!

The beta is CLOSED, so taking that app would be WAREZ!

Please stick to it!
WAREZ ??? what does that mean?

WAREZ are illegally exchanged/shared data/apps/music/etc.

so, if you share someones CLOSED BETA APPLICATION would be illegal.

im surprised at how big of a hit the blue handcent is compared to the others

it says Application not installed??? I uninstalled Handcent SMS do I have to download it again before doing this?

make sure you uninstall anything from handcent from the market,font packages,everything. then install the themed one

i think i did everything right sneaky but i don't get that cool blue keyboard how u get that blue i just got the boarder blue

i think i did everything right sneaky but i don't get that cool blue keyboard how u get that blue i just got the boarder blue

It was the swype keyboard he themed that he allowed for download too, but was forced to take down because it was a closed beta and distributing it would be illegal.

lol, hopefully the developers hurry up and figure out the plan for swype and get it up in the market so its not warez,unless they charge for it,then it would still be warez....im just surprised on how long it took for the mods to take it down,exspecially sence i had a mod request a color.lol but either way,rules are rules.

Back