(release) themed handcent

Anyone having trouble updating Handcent since they installed the blue theme? I don't want to lose the blue theme, but still want to update normally. Idk if that's possible though.

lol, hopefully the developers hurry up and figure out the plan for swype and get it up in the market so its not warez,unless they charge for it,then it would still be warez....im just surprised on how long it took for the mods to take it down,exspecially sence i had a mod request a color.lol but either way,rules are rules.

I hope they do so too. Swype is an app I find real useful.

Providing the install files for any functioning program that charges a fee is considered warez. Providing alternative images to those who already have a legal copy is not. A metamorph themed package swaps out the graphics of a legally owned piece of software you have installed. This does mean you need to have a rooted phone to theme an app in this manner. However, for those with a rooted phone it does mean folks could enjoy what you put together. Not sure if this is an area of interest for you or not.

Regardless, real nice job on the graphics and it is cool that for those with stock phones you've provided a way for them to theme Handcent without them having to root to do so.

Is anyone else having the issue of the "red hancent" showing up kinda pinkish?

if you change the theme of handcent from iphone to hero,it should make the red a lil darker. if your still not happy,let me know.

lol, hopefully the developers hurry up and figure out the plan for swype and get it up in the market so its not warez,unless they charge for it,then it would still be warez....im just surprised on how long it took for the mods to take it down,exspecially sence i had a mod request a color.lol but either way,rules are rules.

I hope they do so too. Swype is an app I find real useful.

Providing the install files for any functioning program that charges a fee is considered warez. Providing alternative images to those who already have a legal copy is not. A metamorph themed package swaps out the graphics of a legally owned piece of software you have installed. This does mean you need to have a rooted phone to theme an app in this manner. However, for those with a rooted phone it does mean folks could enjoy what you put together. Not sure if this is an area of interest for you or not.

Regardless, real nice job on the graphics and it is cool that for those with stock phones you've provided a way for them to theme Handcent without them having to root to do so.

well,i thought about this,but i dont think MM works on apps that are in /data/app. only in /system/app. if im wrong then tell me and ill figure out how to do it.

well,i thought about this,but i dont think MM works on apps that are in /data/app. only in /system/app. if im wrong then tell me and ill figure out how to do it.

Helix & Helix2 Dark Colors Mod + Transparent App Drawer

There are a few themes that have a manual install step of moving your apk from /data/app to /system/app . Post 1 in the link above is one such example. Once rooted use Root Explorer, ADB shell, terminal emulator, etc to move the files. Good luck and thanks for your efforts in this. Again, real nice work.

is it really that simple,just c/p it from /data/app to /system/app

running SS 2.03 2.1 ESE53. I uninstalled Hancent and font packs. downloaded. moved to root folder. opened Astro renamed without the .zip extension installed.....App failed to install. tried again. no luck. Tried to reinstall original handcent installs...but when I open it FC right away and wont do anything. Anyone else having this issue? Im doing a nandroid restore right now hoping HC will start working again

running SS 2.03 2.1 ESE53. I uninstalled Hancent and font packs. downloaded. moved to root folder. opened Astro renamed without the .zip extension installed.....App failed to install. tried again. no luck. Tried to reinstall original handcent installs...but when I open it FC right away and wont do anything. Anyone else having this issue? Im doing a nandroid restore right now hoping HC will start working again
You have to unzip the file you downloaded here. The .apk is inside of it XD

thats weird, which one did you try. if it installed but FC, try rebooting. if it was a problem with the app,it would not have installed. its doubtfull that the rom would cause an issue. might be a bug in handcent,id try the process again. sorry for inconvieneced. anyone else conform this happening or is it an icolated issue

You have to unzip the file you downloaded here. The .apk is inside of it XD

not true lol,dl it and remove the .zip

is it really that simple,just c/p it from /data/app to /system/app

That's all I did, followed his instructions and it worked. Somewhere there is an answer as to why some things are in /data/app vs /system/app. Is it related as to why some apps are protected and others are not?

thats weird, which one did you try. if it installed but FC, try rebooting. if it was a problem with the app,it would not have installed. its doubtfull that the rom would cause an issue. might be a bug in handcent,id try the process again. sorry for inconvieneced. anyone else conform this happening or is it an icolated issue

I was trying out the blue themed one. tried to reboot..both after trying to install the blue theme. and after trying to install the market version. I did a nandroid restore so its back to the way it was. Ill try to download another one and see if i just got a corrupt file.

I was trying out the blue themed one. tried to reboot..both after trying to install the blue theme. and after trying to install the market version. I did a nandroid restore so its back to the way it was. Ill try to download another one and see if i just got a corrupt file.

yeah,it prolly just turned corrupted while dl, cause its been dl a lot and others have not said they had trouble. its the most common

redownloaded the blue and the gold themed ones. Uninstalled again...restarted phone...installed "install not successful" on both blue and gold. tried installing old handcent again...still not successful. downloaded from market..installed just fine. I think this is an issue with Astro Ill check for an update for it and try again

Back