[ROM] Lithium Mod - Source built awesomeness! Themes galore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone checked out freenode like Packetdog suggested? Just curious on the progress.

The monospace font bug that was in Kangerade 5.0.9 hasn't been fixed in Lithium Mod. The issue is that the DroidSansMono.ttf font file isn't a monospace (fixed-width) font, so Terminal Emulator, ConnectBot and other terminal-like programs that need a monospace font are messed up--they render the terminal winodow incorrectly. For example, allinone isn't lined up in nice neat columns. I tried to fix it this time by using allinone and selecting:

3 Change Fonts
22 Stock (original)

but that didn't fix the problem.

I'm going to repeat the post I made before which was apparently in the wrong, older Kangerade 4.0.7 thread instead of the Kangerade 5.0.9 thread I had intended to post this in:

Thanks jrummy for a great ROM. I have one small problem that I managed to fix. The Terminal Emulator as well as ConnectBot appear to be using a non-monospaced (non-fixed-width) font. This causes the cursor position as shown to not line up with its actual position where it should be. It also causes full-screen console apps to display incorrectly, since the text on each line doesn't line up with the other lines. E.g. "ls -l" output isn't lined up in nice even columns. I looked into this and discovered that the /system/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf wasn't a monospaced font. I copied the DroidSansMono.ttf file from the Android SDK (platforms/android-8/data/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf) onto the sdcard and from there to /system/fonts, and this fixed the issue in both the Terminal Emulator as well as ConnectBot.

su
mountsys
cd /system/fonts
cp DroidSansMono.ttf DroidSansMono.ttf.bak
cp /sdcard/DroidSansMono.ttf DroidSansMono.ttf
cd /
unmountsys
exit

I noticed that all the fonts in /system/fonts/ are dated from 2008. Maybe they should be updated to the newest ones? Or are these custom fonts? Either way it would be appreciated if you could fix the Mono one to actually be monospace. Thanks!

The monospace font bug that was in Kangerade 5.0.9 hasn't been fixed in Lithium Mod. The issue is that the DroidSansMono.ttf font file isn't a monospace (fixed-width) font, so Terminal Emulator, ConnectBot and other terminal-like programs that need a monospace font are messed up--they render the terminal winodow incorrectly. For example, allinone isn't lined up in nice neat columns. I tried to fix it this time by using allinone and selecting:

3 Change Fonts
22 Stock (original)

but that didn't fix the problem.

I'm going to repeat the post I made before which was apparently in the wrong, older Kangerade 4.0.7 thread instead of the Kangerade 5.0.9 thread I had intended to post this in:

Thanks jrummy for a great ROM. I have one small problem that I managed to fix. The Terminal Emulator as well as ConnectBot appear to be using a non-monospaced (non-fixed-width) font. This causes the cursor position as shown to not line up with its actual position where it should be. It also causes full-screen console apps to display incorrectly, since the text on each line doesn't line up with the other lines. E.g. "ls -l" output isn't lined up in nice even columns. I looked into this and discovered that the /system/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf wasn't a monospaced font. I copied the DroidSansMono.ttf file from the Android SDK (platforms/android-8/data/fonts/DroidSansMono.ttf) onto the sdcard and from there to /system/fonts, and this fixed the issue in both the Terminal Emulator as well as ConnectBot.

su
mountsys
cd /system/fonts
cp DroidSansMono.ttf DroidSansMono.ttf.bak
cp /sdcard/DroidSansMono.ttf DroidSansMono.ttf
cd /
unmountsys
exit

I noticed that all the fonts in /system/fonts/ are dated from 2008. Maybe they should be updated to the newest ones? Or are these custom fonts? Either way it would be appreciated if you could fix the Mono one to actually be monospace. Thanks!

Oh wow.. in the most hetro way: I love you. This fixed a long time BS issue w/ ConnectBot, and FINALLY you solved it for me! AWESOME dude! I'll totally replace this font file on each ROM I load from now on. :) Very nice find. Kudos!

Ok, sorry if this is a NOOB question, but here goes. My wife *really* likes the Pink Life theme and wants it on her DINC.

So, last night I tried, unsuccessfully, to flash it for her. Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have rooted both our phones and she currently has SkyRaider 2.5.2 on hers with the 2.15 radio.

I don't even see the JRummy option in Rom Manager so I tried D/Ling the .zip file, adding it to her SDCard, rebooting into Recovery, and installing from SDCard. I get an error message every time, something like "Status 7." And it always ends with installation aborted.

Any ideas?? Thanks!!!!

In Rom Manager they are not under JRummy they are under Lithium Mods... click on that and you will get a list.

In Rom Manager they are not under JRummy they are under Lithium Mods... click on that and you will get a list.

I am using Rom Manager V 2.0.2.6 and I don't see Lithium Mods either.

LithiumMod is a full featured ROM for the Motorola Droid (1), i.e. the Motorola Sholes/Voles A855 phone. It will not run on any other Droid, nor will ROM Manager show you any Droid 1 ROMs on a Droid Incredible.

JRummy did make the 'theme' Pink-Life however, and that may be something that is ported over to other roms in the future. I have no idea what ROMs are available for the DINC... Anyone else have one to jump in here with?

rom manager

there under premium only,,

status 7 usually means something is dorked up (tech term) I would try to flash an older recovery from rom manager "all clockwork mod recoveries" like 2.0.1.9 or so. Sometimes going to alternate recovery, reboot and back to the latests works also. I also had the status 7 error. Really worried me, I thought I seriously permanently dorked my droid. My wife runs pink life- (now running another lith mod) worked well, if you choose delete stagefright your speed scores will look bad but it will run fine and audio is WAY better on pandora etc..
She ran the 125-1.1 P3 kernel, no market fix (can cause more issues than worth) and deleted the twitter for more ram. did the fix permissions prior, backed up and installed. If your on another rom do a data wipe also. Lith like Kang roms is pretty forgiving depending on the previous rom but wiping 99.99% of the time makes for a better install.

Status 7 btw I believe is an error when a zip is trying to over write a protected file, I could not find a straight answer on it but alot of others in other forums fighting it as well. Also I would copy your backup to your PC just for safe measure.

pink life is nice and fluffy- myself I like collision, on the alternate black now-

Pink life on other roms-

Jrummy does have a metamorph of pink life for pre 2.2

status 7 is what you get when you are using an update.zip designed for another device.

It is caused from the following example line:

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes");

Any device that is not a sholes (moto droid 1) device will get a status 7 error. Deleting this line will make the update.zip install, but you WILL run into issues INCLUDING a boot loop.

This line is to prevent idiots from using a Sholes rom on a Inc device, for instance. lol

;)

Last edited:
status 7 is what you get when you are using an update.zip designed for another device.

Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "sholes" || getprop("ro.product.board") == "sholes");

Any device that is not a sholes (moto droid 1) device will get a status 7 error. Deleting this line will make the update.zip install, but you WILL run into issues INCLUDING a boot loop.

This line is to prevent idiots from using a Sholes rom on a Inc device, for instance. lol

;)

When I got that message I would have sent you a keg(better than just a beer) for the info to get out of it, I had flashed my wifes phone and was there until I was able to push an old recovery on it. (every reboot it went back to that status 7)
Had my wifes phone not come out of it I would be using some prepaid phone and some other guy my droid.... im no dev or wannabe even, just an old fart klutzin his way around
lol

Code:

;)

L-O-L. :) Cheers LithMod Team. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back