[Rumor] Motorola Targa May Be first Tegra Kal-El Quad-Core Phone

There is NO WAY the Targa will be out this year. The X2 and Bionic aren't even out yet. Do you seriously think a quad-core phone with 13MP camera will come out just months after the Bionic is released? Not a chance. Moto has to make money off of the new dual-core devices first before they even think about coming out with the next step up. If we're lucky, maybe next spring/summer 2012 for the Targa. 2011 is now just seeing dual-core phones being released. If we're lucky, quad-core MIGHT come to light in 2012. Let's get real here guys.

There is NO WAY the Targa will be out this year. The X2 and Bionic aren't even out yet. Do you seriously think a quad-core phone with 13MP camera will come out just months after the Bionic is released? Not a chance. Moto has to make money off of the new dual-core devices first before they even think about coming out with the next step up. If we're lucky, maybe next spring/summer 2012 for the Targa. 2011 is now just seeing dual-core phones being released. If we're lucky, quad-core MIGHT come to light in 2012. Let's get real here guys.

Completely agree. There is no way this phone drops this year. Putting this chipset in a phone at this point would be stupid. Moto just spent millions marketing the Atrix as the world's most powerful phone. What sense does it make for them to come back less than a year later with a quad core phone only to make another commercial touting a new phone as the world's most powerful phone? Unless the phone take place of the atrix going to Verizon. Even then I still believe that a quad core phone in the next 18 months is wishful thinking.

But hey this is another great thread with a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors that will in the end tick people off because of no release dates or news...

No one ever confirmed quad core for targa, that was speculation. People in the know on hofo say q3, which would mean, most likely, dual core.

No one ever confirmed quad core for targa, that was speculation. People in the know on hofo say q3, which would mean, most likely, dual core.

That's true man, I think this whole quad-core thing is all wishfull thinking for the time being really. They haven't even fully realized the potential of dual-core yet. The Targa looks like an experimental version of the Droid X, maybe it's a mock up of the Droid X3 that might come out in 2012. I would put money on it being dual-core, possibly 1.5Ghz, with an upgraded 13MP camera.

Completely agree. There is no way this phone drops this year. Putting this chipset in a phone at this point would be stupid. Moto just spent millions marketing the Atrix as the world's most powerful phone. What sense does it make for them to come back less than a year later with a quad core phone only to make another commercial touting a new phone as the world's most powerful phone? Unless the phone take place of the atrix going to Verizon. Even then I still believe that a quad core phone in the next 18 months is wishful thinking.

But hey this is another great thread with a bunch of unsubstantiated rumors that will in the end tick people off because of no release dates or news...

There will be a quad core phone in the next 18 months. You can pretty much bet on that. The Targa probably won't be unless it gets pushed back big time.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

There's most certainly a chance that the Targa could be released this year. The Bionic will drop sometime around the summer, and the holiday season is far enough apart from that for Verizon to potentially want something new to push.

But I seriously doubt that the Targa will be quad-core if it does get released this year. If it's dual-core, then maybe. But pretty much everything on the Targa is pure speculation though.

I wouldn't be so sure. Although unlikely I wouldn't rule it out. Moto needs a big seller after the lackluster Xoom sales.

I think we are in for a surprise. We will see. As far as questioning it coming out this year. Expect it Q3. No Q4 phones have been leaked.

Sent from my Droid

I wouldn't be so sure. Although unlikely I wouldn't rule it out. Moto needs a big seller after the lackluster Xoom sales.

I think we are in for a surprise. We will see. As far as questioning it coming out this year. Expect it Q3. No Q4 phones have been leaked.

Sent from my Droid

Mark those words, kids. There are insights behind that keyboard that most of us couldn't begin to comprehend. dancedroid

Man all this new phones make me want to upgrade

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sent from my Droid

Or will it be like with the Atrix, which we all thought was going to Verizon before it came out. Will the Targa be going to another carrier..

So, I hear today that the Bionic we all know is scrapped at Motorola and Targa will be released and badged as Bionic for Verizon. Quite interesting.

Sounds interesting, but I will probably still go ahead and use my upgrade for the TB or Bionic since I can do it right now.

Don't waste your upgrade on a single core phone. Grab dual or better with several gb's of interal memory.

So, I hear today that the Bionic we all know is scrapped at Motorola and Targa will be released and badged as Bionic for Verizon. Quite interesting.

So what does that mean showed up in Verizon's computers a few days ago. Not calling BS but where did you come across this info and what would that mean for the "new" Bionic release date?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

So what does that mean showed up in Verizon's computers a few days ago. Not calling BS but where did you come across this info and what would that mean for the "new" Bionic release date?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Someone on the bionic project team. I have no info on targa's release date.

Back