Screenshots of peoples Droid desktops?

Keep coming back to these two set ups

drastically different i know...

41afb4ca-c816-c21b.jpg

Living Free, hopefully not Dying.

Can you share that wallpaper? The one behind the clock:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

Its a live wallpaper from an app called DiY Skin its called my shower2, the pic and the clock lay under everything else... The rest is just a simple circle battery widget and a colored manup icon pack.

I can't get away from how cool the compass is as a wall paper... Or phones are too cool.

Its a live wallpaper from an app called DiY Skin its called my shower2, the pic and the clock lay under everything else... The rest is just a simple circle battery widget and a colored manup icon pack.

I can't get away from how cool the compass is as a wall paper... Or phones are too cool.

Ahhh, thanks:)

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

I know it kinda sucks, but I worked so hard on it ;) so i decided to share against my better judgement lol

I know it kinda sucks, but I worked so hard on it ;) so i decided to share against my better judgement lol

It looks very sharp.

thanks man!

btw, for that jagged edge paper dock, did you just go crazy with the free select tool to make the edges more jagged? if not, can you say what you did... hopefully i can make it work in gimp lol

It looks very sharp.
thanks man!
btw, for that jagged edge paper dock, did you just go crazy with the free select tool to make the edges more jagged? if not, can you say what you did... hopefully i can make it work in gimp lol

Well, I use gimp, so you should be able to make it work. :)

This should get you started:

Start with a transparent layer.

Use the free select tool and draw sort of a ragged edge along where you think your wallpaper should end.

Use the paint tool and paint that area white.

Use the free select tool again and draw sort of along the ragged edge, you'll want to leave some white portions (sort of like when you really tear a magazine page or something, it's easy to see in the below image).

Convert the white to alpha, then do your drop shadow if you want one.

This should leave you with a transparent area for your wallpaper and little bits of white to give it a more real look.

My dropbox has one of the permutations of my "torn" dock, might help you with getting it going. http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/22683305/1/Docks?h=92d762

torn2.png

Last edited:
Back