Text And Drive Much Easier With App

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uninstalled this thing pretty fast. It works so poorly that it would be distracting on its own. I'm just gonna stick with Vlingo. It just works.

In the Droid Forums we want everyone to be respectful to each other. We don't need little snide remarks being made at the end of a comment to another member. Now If you can't post respectfully then don't post at all. Making remarks like the one you made scoder to furbearingmamal is not going to be tolerated. I'm changing two threads to remove that remark. After that I'll reopen the thread,

I sometimes drop a text while driving, but I usually use the newest Google Voice Search app to do it, just long press the magnifying glass, say "Send Message to Bob. Be there soon buddy" and it usually seems to work well. Again, it's not the best because you have to take your eyes off the road to read or send the message... but better than little teeny-bopper girls in their parents cars texting with one hand.

I agree with the few on here that say just freakin wait to respond. That's why its a 'message' people. Be safe...

I downloaded this and loved it, UNTIL I saw what a pain in the butt it was for the people that receive our messages!

It doesn't just send a text as normal, it sends the person a link. Then they have to get online to follow this link to retrieve their message! If the text just went straight thru, it would be great!

Unless I'm doing something wrong and am able to change this? Otherwise, I liked it.

meh, I'll just continue to text message while driving.... my record is spotless and I've been driving for 20 years now. If it ain't broke....

where is everyone finding this? i searched the market, cant find it. i scanned the barcode and it found "StartTalking" by AdelaVoice.

I don't text while driving, but I hit a few while waiting for the light to change, when "necessary." Isn't that what red lights are for?

meh, I'll just continue to text message while driving.... my record is spotless and I've been driving for 20 years now. If it ain't broke....

What an idiotic comment to make! As a volunteer firefighter and first responder, the last thing I need to see is another senseless accident caused by someone texting while driving.

And God forbid you crash into my wife and kids while texting..

Watch this: (not for the faint of heart)

[video=youtube;8I54mlK0kVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I54mlK0kVw&feature=player_embedded&has_verified=1[/video]

Think before you say something stupid.. ever hear of Russian Roulette??

A high school football player was killed in a car accident outside my old high school a few weeks ago due to texting and driving. This app is not going to make it any better, its just going to give people another way to show how stupid they are while driving

I think it's funny that someone took the time to program an app that basically does the same thing as a phone call over speakerphone...but takes longer and isn't as reliable...

doing anything while driving impairs your ability no matter what it is

What an idiotic comment to make! As a volunteer firefighter and first responder, the last thing I need to see is another senseless accident caused by someone texting while driving.

And God forbid you crash into my wife and kids while texting..

Watch this: (not for the faint of heart)

[video=youtube;8I54mlK0kVw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I54mlK0kVw&feature=player_embedded&has_verified=1[/video]

Think before you say something stupid.. ever hear of Russian Roulette??

oh goodness, throwing out propaganda videos and making implied e-threats over the OwlGore Innertubez "and God forbid you crash into my wife and kids while texting" dancedroid

I have more fear of other idiots crashing into me while I'm texting rather than me crashing into the because I'm texting.... Either way, I'm not to concerned since it's not illegal in my state, no am I worried about volunteer firemen and their e-threats

Well it's not propaganda if it's true. People that say they can multi-task are fooling them selves. If you are doing two things at at time you are only 1/2 of your brain power for both tasks. Adding texting to the mix and now your attention is divided again. What a stupid app!

Well it's not propaganda if it's true.

Hitler also used propaganda on black U.S. soldiers dropping pamphlets on them that said "America treats blacks as second class citizens, join our side"

That was the truth, correct?

There, you just got your Propaganda 101 lesson... dancedroid

People that say they can multi-task are fooling them selves. If you are doing two things at at time you are only 1/2 of your brain power for both tasks. Adding texting to the mix and now your attention is divided again. What a stupid app!

multi-tasking is an important ability in life.... if you can't, maybe you SHOULDN'T text and drive.... That's the great thing about living in a free society, nobody is forcing you to text and drive. Luckily, I can multi-task, and my flawless driving record backs that up, so I will continue.

texting and driving is just the hot button item right now that people love to attach themselves. Unless you are pushing just as hard for "anti-makeup putting on" laws, or "anti-shaving laws" along with your anti-texting laws, then you are a hypocrit.

but wait, that's right, they already have laws on the books that deal with texting way before texting existed.... it's called reckless driving laws.

Same clip can be renarratted to make it look like women drivers, or teenaged drivers are the problem. And the same true clip could be used to back that claim....

Propaganda....

is "the truth" still right in your eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back